Cop Tasers Fleeing Handcuffed Girl, Head injuries put her in vegetative state

Rottweiler

Jan 20, 2008
Again...what gets me is how the moment anything that happens is the fault of the Police.

Always.

Every conceivable excuse is made for the criminal, and the Police are automatically and forever blamed for anything that happens.

Don't catch the criminals? Bad police.

Catch the criminals? Criminals claim they were hurt somehow, Bad police.

Moron runs, gets tasered, has an utter and complete accident and is damaged? Bad police.

Really? How many unarmed combat classes have YOU arranged on YOUR money for your local police officers? Hmm? Show me YOUR efforts to put your money where your mouth is, and *do* something to ensure those police have the training and tools to do things YOUR way, since of course with your...depths of experience...YOU know better!

Seriously, I wonder what kind of criminals post on these forums, from the sheer number of "oh why were they hassling that drug dealer, they should be chasing *real* criminals" to the endless hounding of officers for *doing their job* but not doing it to their 20/20 hindsight standards, safe behind their computer screens knowing nothing but what the Press tells them. What personal grudge do you have, that without any kind of real evidence- the same evidence you demand *from* officers before they can do their jobs- you label the police across the planet as corrupt abusers?

You're disgusted? So am I, and for a lot bigger reason- mouthy, opinionated people ignorant of even basic real-world police situations, but who always Know Better and Have The High Moral Ground because They're Right and Police are Wrong.

Yet, I bet those same people know 911 pretty well when they have a criminal bother *them*.

So, other than you 'knowing better', what have YOU done in the real world to help the police do a 'better job'? Step up. Show us all what right and what backup you have to spout the hatred you do here.

cieply

Oct 21, 2009
Blablahb said:
How could he be cleared of all wrongdoings when he used a weapon on a cuffed person, whom he should just have run after?

Yes, he is an obese slob unfit for police duty, who should be sacked for being too fat, and he could never catch anyone running away from him because he chooses to overeat heavily, and if he hadn't used the weapon, she would have escaped, but that doesn't excuse the excessive use of weapons. If he chooses to be obese and can't catch someone, and the police allow that kind of disfunctional police officers to work, the consequence should be people getting away, and not people getting shot or tased because the police is too fat to run after them.

Normally for such a fall I'd say it is an unfortunate but unintentional consequence that shouldn't be met with punishment, but in this case the fattie knew she couldn't catch herself, and still made the decision to do that to her, thus the brain injury becomes his direct fault.

He got away unpunished with manslaughter here.
Rednog said:
No real sympathy, a bunch of priors and coke/oxycontin in her system and running from the cops.
Comply with the damn cops and don't complain that you get hurt when you resist arrest.
So let me get this straight: You say that if somebody takes a step, that legitimises murdering them?
Suspected of 2 hit and runs, with coke in her system, driving withaut the licence, attempted escape after being cought. He could have shot her and I wouldn't shed a single tear. Such trash deserves the worst, if she would keep doing this she would more likely run someone over, if she already didin't. I hope she will remain a vegetable and I applaud the policeman.

Pyro Paul

Dec 7, 2007
Arkaniack said:
Now think - 45 kg woman vs 117kg fatty. What if he chased her, grabbed her hand and stopped? Worst case - twisted arm, bruised knee.
She would of twisted her torso, broken free from his grip and escape custody.

Seriously, have you ever tried simply 'Grabbing' some one that is running away from you? It doesn't work. The human hand isn't designed to work that way.

Saying 'just grab her' is an idiotic statement and just shows how little you know about the subject at hand.

Pyro Paul

Dec 7, 2007
michael87cn said:
*peeks into thread*

A bunch of adults talking about how a little girl that seems to be about 6 or 7 years old deserved to be tasered for running away from a giant of a man with a weapon.

Hmmmmm... people just continue to be monsters..

Lazy cop should have chased her. He used overly lethal force for what was a perfectly safe situation.

*sigh*

Disgusting all around. The people in here... and the people in that video... PEOPLE IN GENERAL DISGUST ME. :mad:
*read your post*

A half-wit individual that has absolutely no idea what he is talking about but still feels the need to throw his uneducated and ignorant belief into the mix of things while trying to insult people whom clearly know a lot more then him...

*sigh*

People like you disgust me.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
Blablahb said:
Jonluw said:
Yeah, using the taser was unnecessary.
However, I can't feel bad for her, as she was clearly already sufficiently brain damaged to try to run from a cop after being handcuffed.
That's plain stupid to say. You face years and years in prison under barbaric conditions for something as small as drug possesion, the cop they send after you is an obese slob who can never keep up, and you say running is a weird choice?

Running is the only logical choice in that situation.
or you know, not breaking the law in the first place.

bit excessive, but i can't feel sympathy for her. it wouldn't have happened if she didn't run

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
Blablahb said:
Would you also defend the Rodney King beating as being totally justified?
Are you aware that Rodney King had been involved in a high-speed chase right before the beating? Or that five hours after the beating his blood came back with a blood-alcohol content just below the legal limit (meaning he was well over said limit during and prior to the beating) as well as traces of marijuana? Or that he had admitted that he ran because a DUI would violate his parole for a robbery conviction?

Do you also know that before the beating, one of the officers attempted to use a tazer on King but it was ineffective? Or that he made a gesture that looked like he was reaching for a weapon and he was almost shot?

I'm not excusing the severity of the beating, but I am saying that physically detaining King was justified.

link to the wikipedia article here- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodney_King#Incident

Though your mention of Rodney King is strangely apt. Both he and the young woman had abused drugs, committed severe traffic violations (DUI and Speeding for King, Hit-and-Run and Driving Without a License for the woman) and tried to resist arrest.

Pyro Paul

Dec 7, 2007
Dumbfish1 said:
Jonluw said:
Blablahb said:
Jonluw said:
Yeah, using the taser was unnecessary.
However, I can't feel bad for her, as she was clearly already sufficiently brain damaged to try to run from a cop after being handcuffed.
That's plain stupid to say. You face years and years in prison under barbaric conditions for something as small as drug possesion, the cop they send after you is an obese slob who can never keep up, and you say running is a weird choice?

Running is the only logical choice in that situation.
Resisting arrest, running away from an armed officer of the law who is attempting to keep you immobilized, is the only logical option?
I don't know what kind of logic you subscribe to, but that certainly isn't what I would've done.
And of course, anyone who thinks differently to you is obviously braindamaged, because you're so perfect with your human compassion and tolerance.
what?

What world do you live in that 'hit and run' is punishable by hard prison time?

What would of happened? Filling out paper-work, going to county lock up for a few hours before being sent infront of a judge and probably getting a couple months community service and a moderate fine.

You think 'Running' from such punishment is the logical option?
what a colorful world you live in.

cieply

Oct 21, 2009
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.109290355802256.14113.100001638773190&type=3

Took a look at her fb, sho looks soo innocent and pure, how could this bad cop tease her when she was attempting an escape while on coke :<<<

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
NuclearShadow said:
Now if you cannot really sympathize with that than I actually feel sorry for you and perhaps you should take a minute to ponder just what type of person you are.
I'm the kind of person who has a lot of experience with the police. An officer bringing my brother home from one incident or another was a nearly weekly occurrence from when he was 14 until he went to military school. I knew every officer in my hometown by name in high school. In college, I got a job as a security guard, again working with police officers on bigger events. They're not monsters or out to hurt people. But society has laws, and it is their job to uphold them and let the rest of us go about our lives. They provide a very important service to society, and they get spat on and hated for it.

So no, I really cannot sympathize with resisting arrest. Because it is completely out of my understanding. I have respect for the law, and respect for those that uphold it. I have considerably less respect for those that choose to break those laws.

psyks

Feb 17, 2010
Case in point; tasers can be just as lethal as firearms. This wasn't an inescapable accident. She was running away, high, in handcuffs. The cop could have judged that she wouldn't have been able to catch herself as she fell, but because the taser is being lauded as the "non lethal answer to the gun", police officers feel like they have the right to use it with impunity. This is what happens. Stupid fucking cop made a lazy decision and now a woman is in hospital.

oktalist

Feb 16, 2009
will1182 said:
Oh god, another one of these "HEARTLESS MONSTER COP MUNCHES ON BABY'S SKULL" threads.
Actually it's another one of those "everyone jumps to defend criminally incompetent cop on the grounds that all cops are highly trained professionals doing an important job that puts them beyond all criticism, plus savagely beating a person is cool as long as they're a criminal" threads.

waj9876

Jan 14, 2012
"Oh for shame pigs! Now you show your true colors! A lardo attacking an innocent little girl that is obviously smaller than he is...DISGUSTING!" - Is what I would say if I were as stupid as this girl was.

For once I'm siding with the police on this one. I've read a LOT of articles where it was legitimately the police's fault and sent me into such a huge rage I lost all faith in humanity. That incident where they chased down and beat a mentally challenged teenager bloody when he was just trying to get to his mother for help. The many times police attack people video taping their arrests, etc. But this time...This time the girl is completely at fault.

Now would all of you "Oh the world is so cruel, fuck the pigs man! Fuck the pigs!" kids stop flooding this topic with your bullshit? At least learn what happened. She was on drugs, was being arrested for two hit & runs, was running from the police, and was running right out into traffic. If the officer did not do what he did, she might not even still be alive.

I feel bad for what happened. Both for her and her family and friends...But this...This isn't an innocent little girl being attacked by the "pigs". This is an idiotic adult who broke the law and got hurt because she decided to run from the police. What the officer did didn't even cause her to go into the coma. It was the fall, which would have happened had he done anything else.

(Eh, who knows. Maybe I'm one of the few sane and rational people posting here because I'm actually right around her age, and not a hormonal teenager like what I suspect most of the "It's the police's fault." people are. I'm not seeing an attractive girl versus an officer. I'm seeing a person hopped up on drugs versus the law. And so I can therefore look at it how it actually is.)

Edit: I'm not a heartless monster. I honestly hope she gets better and learns a valuable lesson from all this. But the world doesn't always play fair, and from what I understand about "Vegetative State", that may not happen.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
Wow, I can't believe so many people are saying the cop is in the wrong here. I usually take the anti-law-enforcement side in these sort of things, but in this case I believe he was totally in the right. She was high on coke (not the drink kiddos), had two hit and runs, and then attempted to flee from the cops, so the cop had full rights to do whatever he could to stop her. This was a total accident and tackling her could have ended up with the same result. Hell, I'm proud of the cop for not just whipping out his pistol like some others seem to do.

Pyro Paul

Dec 7, 2007
psyks said:
Case in point; tasers can be just as lethal as firearms. This wasn't an inescapable accident. She was running away, high, in handcuffs. The cop could have judged that she wouldn't have been able to catch herself as she fell, but because the taser is being lauded as the "non lethal answer to the gun", police officers feel like they have the right to use it with impunity. This is what happens. Stupid fucking cop made a lazy decision and now a woman is in hospital.
Um... she wouldn't of been able to catch herself even if she didn't have handcuffs on.

the electric shock locks your muscles in place.
you are completely immobilized when hit with it.

MrHero17

Jul 11, 2008
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Maybe busting out the taser was unnecessary since, well, she was right there, but on the other hand she was running. So yeah. Unfortunate, but shit happens.

Plus, you have to give the cop credit for remembering he was a taser and not busting out the gun and shooting her in the chest 10 times. Thats an improvement over what we have seen recently.
I give the police no credit for not shooting people, I'd rather raise standards and have only a few good cops for a while then leave them where we are and deal with the sloppy meat-heads that seem to fill every department.

Random Fella

Nov 17, 2010
No sympathy, as she shouldn't have run from the Police
But seriously, he could have caught her, the use of the taser was unnecessary, I hope he gets something for this
Also you can see why she's in a vegetated state, lands pretty much straight on her head onto the pavement... Ouch.