Cop Tasers Fleeing Handcuffed Girl, Head injuries put her in vegetative state

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

i got 99 problems but a twitchy ***** aint one!

dont run from the cops ***** and you wont end up in a comma and wake up to a court hearing for trying to resist arrest.

MysticToast

Jul 28, 2010
Spot1990 said:
Eri said:
bloodmage2 said:
more proof for my theory that no police person is to be trusted.
Guy robs a bank, ergo, all humans are bad.
Yeah, I'm starting to wonder how many people in this thread own a Rage Against The Machine poster and a Che Guevara t-shirt. There's at least one white kid with dreadlocks anyway, guaranteed.
Hey I'm pretty normal and I happen to like RATM

:p

HappyPillz

Apr 15, 2009
Aris Khandr said:
I can't really feel too bad for her. It takes a special kind of stupid to run from the police AFTER you're already handcuffed. And it really isn't their job to run you down if you run. If I had the tool to stop you from running right now, rather than continuing to chase you for however long, I'd do it too.
It isn't a police officers job to catch people that are running? Police have been catching criminals for decades without tasers, and people respected them for it. Once tasers became part of their armament, so many of them have just become fat, lazy slobs who rely on it for every single thing that happens. They don't have jobs anymore, they have tasers.

As for having the tool to stop someone immediately, rather than burning some donuts and chasing, that also applies to their handguns. Why chase them when you can fire a bullet into the back of their head for significantly less effort? Money wouldn't even have to be spent on incarceration.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
GrandmaFunk said:
fat cop too lazy to bother running after a tiny girl more than 20 feet.

way to go, hero.
First reply sums it up for me.

From that 50sec video it's clear a teaser was not needed, it's lazy policing and the way he dealt with it was unprofessional. Sometimes it's no wonder why people have no respect for the police.

DeleteThisAcc

Nov 19, 2009
Pyro Paul said:
Arkaniack said:
Now think - 45 kg woman vs 117kg fatty. What if he chased her, grabbed her hand and stopped? Worst case - twisted arm, bruised knee.
She would of twisted her torso, broken free from his grip and escape custody.

Seriously, have you ever tried simply 'Grabbing' some one that is running away from you? It doesn't work. The human hand isn't designed to work that way.

Saying 'just grab her' is an idiotic statement and just shows how little you know about the subject at hand.
/facepalm
Have you ever tried to grab someone running away from you? I see that you didn't. I have grabbed and was grabbed while on run in quite few different ways(It's called growing up without video games). You can't just twist your torso to break free when you are grabbed above your elbow while RUNNING. Add that she was handcuffed. Explanation - in grab weakest point is thumb. Grab her left arm above elbow with your right hand. Are you saying your hand will slip because it's hard to hold on something round and fat? Have you seen woman that weights 45kg? SKINNY. That huge cop would have gotten perfect grip on her hand. BUT! If his hand would have slipped somehow and he released her - she would not have escaped custody - she would have fallen on ground (My guess she would have gotten less injuries from such fall because - well tazer kinda paralyses you muscles for a second and you cant prepare for a fall. On the other hand she was on drugs.).

"idiotic statement" I just like when someone knows that he/she/it have no knowledge on subject and goes straight for insults. Are you american by any chance?

SickBritKid

Jan 11, 2011
FamoFunk said:
GrandmaFunk said:

way to go, hero.

From that 50sec video it's clear a teaser was not needed, it's lazy policing and the way he dealt with it was unprofessional. Sometimes it's no wonder why people have no respect for the police.
Except for the part where she was outrunning him, very clearly, and heading for a busy interstate...

Whatever. Anything to hate the cops, I guess.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
SickBritKid said:
FamoFunk said:
GrandmaFunk said:

way to go, hero.

Except for the part where she was outrunning him, very clearly, and heading for a busy interstate...

I don't hate the cops, actually. I did say people, not me.

I just agree with him being a stupid, lazy one who has now ruined a life, because you know, a lot of people run from the cops when they're in trouble without needing to be tasered or even shot.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Blablahb said:
SickBritKid said:
The consequence of which should have been: The arrested person got away, officer penalised for being too fat to even catch up.

Now someone is dead, and a fat slob not only got away with manslaughter, but has even said to the media that he would again kill people he has arrested if they tried to run. That trooper is a sociopath, yet he walks around with the power to arrest people and apply all sorts of violence, apparently not bound to any rules.

Strikes me like the US police is doing the disciplinary equivalent of selling chainsaws to raging psychopaths.
"If they get away, they win" is not a valid form of law enforcement.

Pyramid Head

Jun 19, 2011
What?! A cop used excessive force because no one took the time to explain to them that tazers are dangerous weapons and not toys?! NOOOO!! Next you'll be telling me the sky is blue!

Sorry. It's just that this isn't anywhere near the worst instance of abuse with those fucking things i've heard. I remember one story about a cop in Oklahoma tazing someone in diabetic shock, a story about police tazing a grandparent who didn't want to take meds, and of course the infamous BART cop who murdered someone but got away with it because he was "Reaching for his tazer."

Lets face it, between our police and our politicians, America is totally fucked.

Pyro Paul

Dec 7, 2007
Arkaniack said:
Pyro Paul said:
Arkaniack said:
Now think - 45 kg woman vs 117kg fatty. What if he chased her, grabbed her hand and stopped? Worst case - twisted arm, bruised knee.
She would of twisted her torso, broken free from his grip and escape custody.

Seriously, have you ever tried simply 'Grabbing' some one that is running away from you? It doesn't work. The human hand isn't designed to work that way.

Saying 'just grab her' is an idiotic statement and just shows how little you know about the subject at hand.
/facepalm
Have you ever tried to grab someone running away from you? I see that you didn't. I have grabbed and was grabbed while on run in quite few different ways(It's called growing up without video games). You can't just twist your torso to break free when you are grabbed above your elbow while RUNNING. Add that she was handcuffed. Explanation - in grab weakest point is thumb. Grab her left arm above elbow with your right hand. Are you saying your hand will slip because it's hard to hold on something round and fat? Have you seen woman that weights 45kg? SKINNY.
the problem with your statement is that you're basing it off the assumption that the clasp of his hand can fully encase her upper arm. Much like an Adult grabbing a childs arm. But she is a full grown adult. The average Upper arm circumfrance for a female of her body type (less then 100 lbs) would be 23-25 cm. The average maximal grip circumfrance of an adult male of his size (+200 lbs) is aproximatly 18-20 cm and thats being Generious because many other factors come into play.

His hand will slip because it is impossible for him to lock his hand completely around her arm. This coupled with the fact that with loose skin tissue and muscle (the arm is in a relaxed position) it will be impossible to keep his grip on that arm even if he did grab it as any force applied to free it would most likely do just that.

That huge cop would have gotten perfect grip on her hand. BUT! If his hand would have slipped somehow and he released her - she would not have escaped custody - she would have fallen on ground (My guess she would have gotten less injuries from such fall because - well tazer kinda paralyses you muscles for a second and you cant prepare for a fall. On the other hand she was on drugs.).
The individual is Handcuffed in the Front.
No one would of been able to get a 'perfect grip on her hand'...

And no she wouldn't of 'fallen on the ground' from having her arm gripped.

You see, the Upper arm really isn't a good target if you're trying to manipulate some one. A rather solid bone surrounded by muscle tissue which only controls the lower arm. It isn't like the Wrist which if manipulated properly can control the Entire arm and most of the back. And because it is mostly skeletal muscle, it is generally hard to apply a suggnificant amount of pain to incapacitate them.

The most you could hope for is pinching nerves, but that only deminishes an individuals capacity to fight because it only effects the lower arm (and not all that much mind you). Even with nerve pinching, you would only really do it to free yourself from some type of grapple or hold.

What would of happened is that she would of twisted her torso away, pulling her arm forward. This would hyperextend the hand and arm gripping her. This action would send him off balance and provide enough torque to free her arm from his grip. Even if she did fall, she would of stumbled several feet before acctually falling. The distance between the two would be larger and she would be in a better position to stand up and run again then he would be.

SickBritKid

Jan 11, 2011
FamoFunk said:
SickBritKid said:
FamoFunk said:
GrandmaFunk said:

way to go, hero.

I don't hate the cops, actually. I did say people, not me.

I just agree with him being a stupid, lazy one who has now ruined a life, because you know, a lot of people run from the cops when they're in trouble without needing to be tasered or even shot.
In those situations, the cops are chasing criminals across open spans, where his better stamina(even the fattest cops generally have excellent stamina, on the whole) would outlast her coked-up adrenaline that was pushing her to outrun him.

However, he had to act immediately because she was running for a busy interstate, where she would've most definitely wound up decorating some motorist's hood. So he chose the option that had the LOWEST CHANCE of any lasting harm.

Unfortunately, it was one of those 2% instances of a taser actually having near-lethal effect.

SickBritKid

Jan 11, 2011
Blablahb said:
SickBritKid said:
The consequence of which should have been: The arrested person got away, officer penalised for being too fat to even catch up.

Now someone is dead, and a fat slob not only got away with manslaughter, but has even said to the media that he would again kill people he has arrested if they tried to run. That trooper is a sociopath, yet he walks around with the power to arrest people and apply all sorts of violence, apparently not bound to any rules.

Strikes me like the US police is doing the disciplinary equivalent of selling chainsaws to raging psychopaths.
1. Braindead =/= dead.

2. You have no fuckin' idea what you're talking about. "Sociopath?" "Kill?" A cop DOING HIS GODDAMN JOB is murder to you!?

3. What rules? The guy followed procedure by the book: When you in a situation where you might lose a suspect, the safest option is to draw your taser and incapacitate them. Tasers have a VERY small margin of error. 2% chance of horrible injury by them. This, simply, was one of those times, and it sucks but it's true.

4. "Got away"? SHE WAS RUNNING FOR A BUSY INTERSTATE! Had it not been for the cop tasing her, the woman would've wound up like the dude in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB81_CoOjsY&t=1m16s

But dead. And not braindead either, which has a chance for recovery. D-E-A-D dead.

MysticToast

Jul 28, 2010
Blablahb said:
SickBritKid said:
1. Braindead =/= dead.
Braindead = dead. Everyone knows that.
SickBritKid said:
2. You have no fuckin' idea what you're talking about. "Sociopath?" "Kill?" A cop DOING HIS GODDAMN JOB is murder to you!?
Why are you so rude? Obviously a policeman killing someone is clearly not doing his job. A policeman voicing his eager anticipation of killing more helpless people if he gets the chance, to the national media, is clearly a sociopath. Because that's what you are if you enjoy murdering people.
SickBritKid said:
3. What rules? The guy followed procedure by the book: When you in a situation where you might lose a suspect, the safest option is to draw your taser and incapacitate them.
Uhm, no. What you do if someone runs, is run after them. And even if the US police rulebook says 'If they move a muscle, no more warnings, MURDER THEM!' (like it obviously does considering this case and several summary executions of unarmed suspects), even if the rulebook says that, it doesn't make it right.

A common American mistake that, to think all laws and rules are always right, and are always self-justifying.
SickBritKid said:
4. "Got away"? SHE WAS RUNNING FOR A BUSY INTERSTATE!
So what? You pretend she was suicidal. There's no sign of that. She's running away from a lengty prison sentence over a small infraction. A sensible thing to do in her case, and pretty much how the game is played. If the fat obese slob of a cop had let it go, it would've taken them ten minutes to catch her at most. An hour if she hides. Everybody gets caught, or report themselves because living like a fugitive sucks.

You don't murder someone for taking a few steps.
I understand the points you're bringing up, but you're making your debate less accessible by jumping to such extremes all the time.

You act as if this cop's intent was to murder this woman. If that were the case, he would have reached for his gun. The fact that he used the tazer gives me a good glimpse into his decision making.

Second, the part I bolded, he didn't imply she was suicidal. From what I can gather, she was coked up and her decision making would clearly have been impaired in that case. I'm sure the cop saw this a potential threat to anyone driving on the highway, as I would have.