Costumes of Gen Con 2010

ThreeKneeNick

Aug 4, 2009
the escapist said:
<Pic #22> The intense stare of the warrior with crazy hair. Is there nothing more terrifying?
And the Slayer is pretty fearsome too! ^^ Fantastic, the pic made my day.

The witch hunter at page 12 is also pretty awesome.

Im not sure i get the steampunk angel, pic #8, where is that from? Its an awesome costume btw

Oh the nerdgasms im having. :)

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
Vortigar said:
Warhammer and Magic the Gathering cosplay caught me by surprise.
Why? This is Gen Con we're talking about; a primarily tabletop gaming convention. I'm surprised the amount of videogame content.

lobotoja

Nov 27, 2009
I once in a gush of drunken fantasy headbutted one of those police phonebooths... they are not made of wood thats for sure.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
Those costumes are amazing. I love how the little sister stayed in character(don't tell me otherwise). I think number 20 is my favorite. Although that could just be the closest one to a naked female.

Badazzninja

Dec 20, 2009
The Toy Soldiers invaded the con? AMAZING! TOY SOLDIERS UNITE!
For those of you who don't know about Dr. Steel, you should youtube his music and his video titled Building A Utopian Playland.
not that I'm a Toy Soldier or anything... lol

Torque669

Apr 21, 2009
Quaxar said:
The last picture... shocked me for life.

But the steampunk angel was cute.
I just have to say, Your avatar is great.

Also those costumes were damn good. If I ever go to America I would definatly go to something like this dressed as the one and only Tipper. Id grow the mustache, say "Groovy" constantly and call all bald people spaceman.

SillyGodDisco

Oct 17, 2008
Doctor Who, Obi Wan Kenobi....So many good costumes!

The only thing is though the picture of the TARDIS made me miss David Tennant's Doctor. It just won't be the same without him.

Artector

Oct 22, 2008
GothmogII said:
Miumaru said:
Plus, I'm reasonably sure only three of those guys were actually dressed as Naruto characters, unless I'm mistaken, that's Mr.Popo and Vash the Stampede on either side. Neither of whom are from Naruto.
Itachi, Kisame, and Naruto. And I was Vash and you're dead on about Mr Popo

MomoHime64

Jul 4, 2010
It's a badger! Badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger mushroom mushroom!

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
There's no way that was a Drow, he wasn't savagely beating his elf slave for breathing his air.

Greg you should've posed with mister bubbles.

BlackCanaryMonster

Aug 11, 2010
sheic99 said:
The girl that was dressed as Black Canary could really use some caffeine.
I was the girl dressed as Black Canary, and FYI I wasn't falling asleep, I was midway through blinking. I actually said to the photographer "Wait, I think I blinked!" after this photo was taken.

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
BlackCanaryMonster said:
sheic99 said:
I was the girl dressed as Black Canary, and FYI I wasn't falling asleep, I was midway through blinking. I actually said to the photographer "Wait, I think I blinked!" after this photo was taken.
Did you try and ask if you could send them a picture with less blinking.

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
BlackCanaryMonster said:
sheic99 said:
Haha for real? I'm sorry. If you have a better photo, please go ahead and send it in!