Could a sniper kill Magneto?

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
mad825 said:
No, Magneto can "feel" metal.
but can he feel one going 3x faster than sound and have the time to react to that?

not from 1000 meters away i bet you.

BaronUberstein said:
What about non-magnetic metals, or even something like depleted uranium? I'm sure you could make a bullet out of that.
they do for 30 mm antiaircraft canons on helicopters.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Keep in mind he also wears a metal helmet we can presume is made out of some super strong, fictional comic book material.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
kickassfrog said:
Also, can someone tell me- if captain america's shield is indestructible, how did they make it into a shield?
Isn't his shield Adamantium too? That'd mean they could melt the ore, purify it and once cooled it would be indestructable.

Mordwyl said:
That's why he wears a helmet.

What?
Uh... isn't his helmet actually to shield him from Professor Xavier's Cerebro/generally brain-tinkering?
That's what I get from the films at least.

OT However, his helmet doesn't seem to protect his medulla oblongata very well. One well-aimed crossbow and he wouldn't even be able to react after he's hit.

Jun 11, 2008
Is the bullet and casing made of a ferromagnet material? no the sniper wouldn't. Is the bullet and casing non magnetic? Then probably.

Dr_Steve_Brule

Mar 28, 2010
AC10 said:
Keep in mind he also wears a metal helmet we can presume is made out of some super strong, fictional comic book material.
Doesn't matter.
The sheer force of the impact will probably push the helmet through his skull. And besides, military snipers usually go for torso-shots anyway.

UnknownGunslinger

Jan 29, 2011
Meatramen said:
Depends, he is aware that a lot of people hate him, so he might have a strong magnetic field around him at all times... However they could make the bullet out of something other than metal and BOOM, headshot. :)
To be honest I don't know why you have to shoot him, can't you just send a squad of marines to whoop his ass.
The guy wears a cape and a pink helmet, how tough in a fight can he really be!

Sentox6

Jun 30, 2008
SNIPERFOX ft. Harry P.Ness said:
Low orbitt Ion cannon will rid him nicely.
Probably wouldn't.

Another way in which Magneto frequently uses his power is the projection of force-fields which selectively block out matter and energy. These fields are strong enough to withstand the detonation of multiple thermonuclear weapons; hence Magneto is invulnerable to most harm when surrounded by his shield and can survive in deep space thanks to it.
That's comic book Magneto however; he's a lot more powerful than any of the movie iterations.

twistedheat15

Sep 29, 2010
Valkyira said:
MrJKapowey said:
Valkyira said:
Kapol said:
Meatramen said:
Depends, he is aware that a lot of people hate him, so he might have a strong magnetic field around him at all times... However they could make the bullet out of something other than metal and BOOM, headshot. :)
Pretty much this. Though I think he can 'sense' metal in a way, which means that he'd sense the bullet coming at him and be able to stop it. I say that mainly based on the second movie where he 'senses' the iron in the guard's bloodstream and tears it out of him.
You do realise bullets aren't made of metal, right?
Yes they are. I've fired rifles and I can tell you that bullets are made of metal.

OT:

If you shot him with a diamond bullet it'd end a lot of problems...
Casings are metal the actual bullets are made of lead.
Um... Lead is a metal, won't be bothered by magnetism, but it's still a metal.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
Jegsimmons said:
mad825 said:
No, Magneto can "feel" metal.
but can he feel one going 3x faster than sound and have the time to react to that?

not from 1000 meters away i bet you.
There's no real answer as his ability allows him to have a Second sight. The limitations on this Second sight I believe is unknown, can a blind man truly know the colour yellow?

Rhaff

Jan 30, 2011
Everything is magnetic to some degree, so if we assume tthat he is able to create a field strong enough, he could stop every thing one could throw or fire at him.

UnknownGunslinger

Jan 29, 2011
FreelanceButler said:
I always assumed his silly bucket helmet was bulletproof or something. He sure can't be wearing it for fashion.

Although I suppose you could just use a wooden gun if you really wanted to beat him.

[sub]If you're after a serious answer, see anyone mentioning some constant magnetic field. That's what I'd assume.[/sub]
He wears the helmet so Professor Xavier, can't read his thoughts or influence his mind, I thought that was pretty obvious.

Srdjan Tanaskovic

Oct 20, 2010
Meatramen said:
His shields can protect him from Galactus

a bullet won't do much

BristolBerserker

Aug 3, 2011
It would be easier (and more comical) to just walk up to him naked and beat him to death with a 13in black rubber dildo.

Srdjan Tanaskovic

Oct 20, 2010
Atmos Duality said:
Polymer crossbow/composite arrow/bolt fired from a nylon-Synthetic fiberglass composite bow (or crossbow, if you're a sissy).
The shot is silent, the yard-head is more than strong enough to go through most conventional armor (and certainly through his skull).
Plus, he wouldn't ever see it coming.

Still, I know Magneto would survive. Not because of his mutant powers, but because of an even-greater power of his: Deus Ex Machina.
......Magneto does not have Deus Ex Machina

The Heik

King of the Nael
Oct 12, 2008
Brawndo said:
This thought came to me when I was watching X-Men First Class yesterday. In the movies you always see Magneto stopping bullets or missiles when he is aware that people are shooting at him. But what if Magneto was just casually walking down the street to his favorite cafe when a sniper takes an accurate shot at him from 2km away? Could he still stop a bullet he wasn't aware of?
Dude, most people could kill magneto with a gun even if he could see them, primarily because your average bullet is made of lead, which is non-magnetic. Since Magneto's power is that of magnetism (the ability to control ferrous material aka things that contain iron), he'd be a dead duck unless he knew well in advance that it was coming. The comics and movies have simply overblown the scope of his abilities because he wouldn't be so badass if he could simply be gunned down by some random granny who was packin'.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
Let's make a fifty caliber bullet out of diamond.

Fucker will never see it coming.

If all else fails, the Ion Canon will be ready to fire in 8 minuites. Atleast he doesn't posess the power of kane.

TheKramers

May 26, 2011
Kapol said:
Meatramen said:
Pretty much this. Though I think he can 'sense' metal in a way, which means that he'd sense the bullet coming at him and be able to stop it. I say that mainly based on the second movie where he 'senses' the iron in the guard's bloodstream and tears it out of him.
He doesn't 'sense' the iron in the guards bloodstream; everyone has iron in their bloodstream.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
Rhaff said:
Everything is magnetic to some degree, so if we assume tthat he is able to create a field strong enough, he could stop every thing one could throw or fire at him.
Commander Shepard would have to disagree with that.