Could Jesus stop bullets?

Chase Yojimbo

The Samurai Sage
Sep 1, 2009
Jesus walks on water, Chuck Norris swims through land...

Ok i had my fun.

You believe what you want to believe :p If Jesus Christ was the ultimate basketball player and you believed that, then it was so. Wait, then that means Michael Jorden was...

Vern

Sep 19, 2008
Of course he could, he's the son of God, real question is "Could Jesus create a bullet with such a high velocity that even he couldn't stop it?".

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Marcosn said:
Twilight_guy said:
Anyways, I suppose yes he could, but obviously he wouldn't since "turn the other cheek" and all. and he never actively opposed the people who killed him.
is it wrong that when i read this i imagined a roman coming up behind him and "popping a cap is his arse"?

I think he could dodge them and that he's the agent smith of this world! (not saying hes the bad guy...)
A roman wouldn't just shoot somebody, that's far too quick. Romans are famous for devising elaborate and excruciating torture. A simple bullet is just too simple.

Apr 29, 2010
Simalacrum said:
Oh cmon, he couldn't stop the Romans with their pointy bits of metal. You really think ol' Jebus could stand up to the ways of the 21st century?
Wait, I thought his plan was to die on the cross for everyone's sins.

Sn1P3r M98

May 30, 2010
Ekonk said:
I guess he could, because he's an avatar of fucking God.

All you guys talking shit about him not being able to stop the romans nails need to be quiet because you all know he did that on purpose.
This.

And yes, he can stop bullets. He is God incarnate, he can do anything.

crystalsnow

Aug 25, 2009
Of course. He'd stop them in midair and then reflect them back at his attackers. Or he'd just jam their guns and whack them over the head with a newspaper to prevent the conflict in the first place.

TonyVonTonyus

Dec 4, 2010
He's not Neo or even Gandalf (who I'm pretty sure can stop bullets if they existed in Middle Earth). But then again he does have a beard and gods or god-like things that have beards usually can do a lot of things such as Odin, Zeus or even Grizzly Adams which I'll count as a god for this moment though I'm not quite sure what he could do constitute being as god other than having a beard.

Mr spank

Jan 30, 2010
well since jesus was the first zombie or vampire, depending on how you look at it,(he supposedly came back from the dead) i would think that if he didn't dodge them, they probly would bother him about as much as a mosquito bite

eastinfecter

Apr 12, 2010
Forget about bullet-stopping Jesus and focus on the Jesus-stopping bullets!
Quick people, before he`s back.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Quiet Stranger said:
If you can dodge a nail you can dodge a bullet.
If you can dodge a bullet, you can dodge a ball...

And now I've just had a vision of the guy in the wheelchair shooting Justin Long. Hehe, murder is funny... :)

Anyway, I'd imagine Jesus probably could stop a bullet, if he really did work miracles. However, as a Christian who also tries to reconcile faith with science, I see Jesus as being nothing more than a man who somehow, don't ask me how, had a much greater understanding of science than humans have ever had before or since. Especially considering that at least one or two of the 'miracles' he performed have since been proven as possible by science. If that's the case, then Jesus probably couldn't stop a bullet even if he was the son of God... :p