Could you be attracted to a bisexual?

Comrade_Beric

Jacobin
May 10, 2010
As a bisexual person, I should hope so. That said, someone's orientation doesn't matter as long as they are at least attracted to you in the same way you're attracted to them. If someone's husband was attracted to cheerleaders and she wasn't, herself, a cheerleader, should she breakup with him or get a divorce for liking something else in addition to her? Same thing, in my opinion.

Rose and Thorn

May 4, 2012
Isn't everyone a little bit gay though?

I think it would be easier for me to be attracted to a bi/pans. Of course the idea that 'what if they prefer the other sex more than my sex!' thing would probably come up. I don't know if many straight people would go for me though. The only people I have been with have been bi, and one was gay.

Never been with a straight person...I never really thought about that before. What if I am not attracted to straight people??? Oh GOD!

shemoanscazrex3

Mar 24, 2010
To the op a lot of people seem to think a man can't be bisexual, you are automatically gay. Double standards and ting but I think if they're mature they'll be interested regardless. Me personally, I don't care. Heck you could only like women and somehow find my slight femininity to be attractive to you(actually has happened) as long as you like me then that's fine. My current girlfriend is somewhat bisexual and it works well for us

DarkSeraphim02

Feb 28, 2011
My ex is actually bisexual, didn't bother me one bit. I'm straight but I never had much of a male influence in my life and I grew up around gay people so I don't really see what the big deal is with people being gay or straight or whatever else.

Hell, I'm straight, my ex is bi, her new girlfriend is a lesbian and I'm the one that got them to start dating not even 2 weeks after she left me, if it makes her happy she deserves it and I wish her and her girlfriend the best. Though my attitude towards this has her girlfriend thinking I'm either gay or secretly a woman, and somehow I'm a lesbians wingman too (I couldn't make this up if I tried, seriously wtf?).

Captcha: no regrets

Damn right captcha.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
As a heterosexual male I would have no problem with that at all. That would be kind of awesome, actually, having a significant other who not only has her own understanding of her body, but shares, to an extent, your understanding of female attractiveness.

In fact, I don't think I'd even be uncomfortable if my hypothetical bi girlfriend made some sort of female attractiveness joke (like "i'd hit it" or something, doesn't matter). I'd give her a high five.

Aramis Night said:
Every time they bring up how they are attracted to both men and women and should be allowed to have one of each because they are bi, I bring up how i'm attracted to both brunettes and redheads and should go get one of each... just before i dump her.
I'll make sure to remember this line should I ever have the specific misfortune of dating a vain bisexual person.

BakaSmurf

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2008
I could not possibly give less of a fuck if a girl I was dating was bisexual... I fail to see why it would matter.

So yes, quite easily.

AgentNein

Jun 14, 2008
I've personally dated a bisexual girl, I had no issue with it. I mean, it never bothered me. I don't have that many hangups when it comes to that sort of thing. I do think it's unfortunately more socially acceptable to be a bisexual woman than a man though. Not that I agree with that!

I feel like an asshole saying "just be who you are", as a heterosexual guy that's easy for me to say. I do wish the best for you though, and hope you stumble upon compatible folks!

Any good advice I might have? If you're living in a small podunk town somewhere, maybe try and get yourself to a more progressively minded city. Generally speaking, more people with more open minds equals more of a chance for you to find your right environment.

chuckman1

Cool
Jan 15, 2009
Sure I could I don't see why it would be a problem.
I know lots of cute bi girls plus I'm more likely to get a ;) threeway.
*forever alone*
But ya hell I'd even be cool with her pointing out girls she thought was hot if I could do the same.

Tanner The Monotone

I'm Tired. What else is new?
Aug 25, 2010
TheNewGuy said:
I suppose the question is pretty self-explanatory but I guess I can expand a bit.

Would you get in a relationship with someone you knew to be bisexual? Or if you were in a relationship with someone and they told you they were bisexual how would you react?

So, could you be romantically attracted to someone who's bisexual? Do you find it to be an attractive trait, or an unattractive one, or maybe neutral?

I'm curious because I'm a bisexual guy and I was wondering what other people might think of that so I thought I would see what everybody here thought.
I dated a bisexual chick, so yeah, I guess so.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
It doesn't matter. I don't see why it would be an issue. I'm not attracted to person because they are hetrosexual. I've been attracted to gay guy before (not because he was gay) though obviously that attraction was not shared.

So long as the person doesn't try to pull the "I'm bisexual and I need to have a partner of each gender so it's not cheating on you" thing which a friend of mine had her gf try then there is no problem.

cthulhuspawn82 said:
I think males are more likely to respond positively on this because of the "two girls are hot" mentality. I don't believe girls think that way (i.e. "two guys would be hot") they are more of a monogamous bunch.
Spend 2 seconds on Tumblr or deviant art and you'll see how untrue that is.

Stasisesque

Nov 25, 2008
DementedSheep said:
cthulhuspawn82 said:
I think males are more likely to respond positively on this because of the "two girls are hot" mentality. I don't believe girls think that way (i.e. "two guys would be hot") they are more of a monogamous bunch.
Spend 2 seconds on Tumblr or deviant art and you'll see how untrue that is.
Yyyyuuuup.

It's rare I'm attracted to straight guys, to be perfectly honest. I'd even go so far as to say bisexual guys are a turn on for me, so to answer the question, yes I could be attracted to a bisexual male.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
What? Why is this even a question? Unless you're massively homophobic, I don't see why it would be any deal at all. To me this is almost as pointless as asking if you'd date someone if they ate mushrooms. Though saying that, if you don't like bacon....that /could/ be a deal breaker.

Dark_Reaction

Apr 14, 2010
As a straight male (well, mostly - I follow the 'If its pretty, f*ck it' school of sexuality, and only females have fit the bill thus far), no, I have no issues with being in a relationship with a bisexual woman. In fact, that's about the only context - in a relationship w/ a bisexual female that I really like - in which I'd be comfortable with a 3-way as anything other than debauchery without a shred of love/romance.

On the flip side, I personally find gay male sex to be gross - I don't have any moral quandaries with it, I support gay marriage and similar issues, I've had gay male friends and relatives, but I find the act itself rather disgusting.
Like pooping, or childbirth. Or, a combination of the two, really.
As Dave Chappelle once put it: "Sorry, I just find it to be gross."

That said, if I were theoretically a woman?
Well, theoretically, I'd probably not be too keen on dating a bi-sexual guy, just like I wouldn't be too keen on dating someone who was into any of a wide variety of sexual preferences/fetishes that I don't share - if that's your thing, cool, more power to ya!... but it would not be my thing, and it would likely really turn me off to know you have/will/would like to engage in that kind of sexual activity (namely, in this case, male-on-male sex); doubly so if I felt as though I was holding you back from exploring such scenarios.

Of course, that's all theoretical, but I make that judgement based on the fact that, non-theoretically as my straight-white-male self, I've avoided relationships with women because they were into things I distinctly was not and could not be into - and knowledge of that interest was a turn-off in its own right.

To be honest, I feel as though there is no right/wrong answer on something like this - its entirely up to the individual, and how they perceive things, and making the decision one way or the other can be driven by any of a variety of motivations.

Nov 24, 2010
manic_depressive13 said:
I wouldn't care at all if the person I was dating was bisexual.

I have a friend who is gay and he told me that he wouldn't want to date a bisexual because, since their dating pool is larger, they would be more likely to cheat. Or something. Anyway, we had an argument about that and I think I convinced him of the absurdity of such a belief by the end.
yeah, sadly i remeber more gay people with such attitudes towards bisexual than heterosexual (well, the one i asked.)people are people, i think everybunny has ze´s own share of prejudices.

well, i am bi myself, so no i won´t have any problem. why shoul´d i?

dmase

Mar 12, 2009
At the moment I am attracted to a bi-sexual, we'll see where it goes. It doesn't particularly bother me. Everyone jokes about how it's going to be awesome because you could have a threesome... ha. Having dated a bi-sexual in the past that won't happen, turns out people are jealous and won't actively try to see their significant other in bed with another person even if they are in the same bed. I'm sure there are instances where that happens but it's far and few between as far as I've been able to tell.

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
My first GF was at least bicurious and I've slept with 'properly' bi girls before. To be honest, I think it's a bonus. There's nothing like watching Avengers with a girl and noticing that she's admiring Scarlett Johannson's ass as much as you are.
It does bother me that a lot of bi people seem to catch a ridiculous amount of flak. Even more than gay people, even. Don't really understand why.