Could You Date A Transexual?

Oct 2, 2012
Zachary Amaranth said:
Thank you for taking the time to read my response.
I would like to say that it seems you are wasting your time. Those you argue with don't seem to be willing to budge in their beliefs and simplistic views of gender and the human body. Unless you enjoy or are unaffected by the this "debate" I'd advise against continuing so you don't get overly frustrated.

I think this forum needs more doctors and scientists to give some people a real science. Too much uncited crap being thrown around in this thread.

xmbts

Still Approved by Shock
Legacy
May 30, 2010
Country
United States
AngloDoom said:
Read this title as "Could you defeat a transsexual?

To answer both questions, I'm new to the idea so I'm not sure: I suppose it depends what equipment they're carrying, I guess.
See now I'm wondering which answer goes with which question. xD

It's nice seeing a response in here that isn't total flame-bait.

Oct 2, 2012
LittleThestral said:
I'm disturbed at how many people make "able to make/help create babies" a top priority for a lover. Is it really that impossible to, say, fall in love with someone, find out they're incapable of having biological children for one reason or another, and still love them enough to stay with them? Hormone fuckups happen constantly, plenty of women have disorders that make them incapable of bearing children (or, at least, able to carry to term), all kinds of shit can happen.

For that matter, what need is there to have biological children? Why is that so important? I'm not trying to be a dick here, I'm genuinely mystified at how many people feel such a pressing need to spawn even more people. I don't get it.
I can't really explain it but it is just something that I kind of feel. For some reason I have this need to reproduce, a strong niggling at the back of my mind telling me to not pull out or to take the condom off during sex. I'm no expert but its probably just the instinct to reproduce and keep natural selection going.

Although as I pointed out in my previous posts it is a poor excuse to not be with someone since you could always just have another woman carry the child and and then give to you and your infertile spouse to raise.

Beautiful Tragedy

Jun 5, 2012
Rawne1980 said:
Well, it's nice to see the thread managed to stay on track with no verbal abuse whatsoever.

In fact, i'm bringing the Penguin back out....

Awwwww so cute! Thanks Rawne :D

Bigsmith said:
I can say I could. But as far I know I'm Bi so I really couldn't care what gender a person is/was when it comes to it.

Although I wouldn't mind it if i dated a MtoF that decided to keep their junk. A Girl with a dick? Yes please. XD

If it's someone who went under the knife, it would probably take me a while to get used to their more private areas and as long as the person understood that then it'll be fine.

I would think most of us would be very patient..acceptance is vitally important, and it goes both ways. :) Open minded, accepting people are the ONLY people I care to have in my mind.. weather you wanna date me, or just be my friend.

Beautiful Tragedy

Jun 5, 2012
Da Orky Man said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
An open question to those who keep saying they want to have kids: Do you screen ALL your romantic partners for childbearing capacity? My ex has a problem with her uterus. While she's born female and has all the right parts, she can't have kids barring some medical breakthrough. Do you ask people if they're childbearing before you get into a relationship, or is this a trans-only issue?

BloatedGuppy said:
All transsexuals may not aspire to be beautiful women, but I rather expect they all aspire to be convincing women.
As opposed to this "unconvincing" women we were just talking about?
I may not know many transexuals, but I doubt they aspire to look like this:

OMG NO! LMAO

No I have spent a LOT of money having all of my facial hair lasered off, taking hormones that are changing my body and eventually tens of thousands on SRS (or GRS). I started transition SO late in life I will never be a beautiful, stunning woman, but passable is all I ask. And as far as the public is concerned in my area..I am that.. I doubt all those guys hit on me are just "being nice" LOL

Yuno Gasai

Queen of Yandere
Nov 6, 2010
Yes.

If I fall in love with a transexual, I fall in love with a transexual.

Why does gender matter, as long as we make each other happy?

Beautiful Tragedy

Jun 5, 2012
Ahri said:
Yes.

If I fall in love with a transexual, I fall in love with a transexual.

Why does gender matter, as long as we make each other happy?
This is the perfect answer... love has no boundaries...you love who you love.

Relish in Chaos

Mar 7, 2012
Also, isn't it funny how transphobic people only ever seem to be care about which chromosomes determine what gender you are in the case of whether or not they'll fuck them? Just saying. None of us are scientists here; everyone reacts differently to people based on their gender, so people should quit imagining that they have X-ray vision to see "what's really inside that woman".

And then they turn around and say, "I'm not a bigot; I just think transsexuals are mutilating themselves." Just like someone saying, "I'm not homophobic; I just think they deserve to burn in Hell for committing a sin." Or someone saying, "I'm not racist; I just think blacks are genetically dumber than whites." I could go on.

But, at the end of the day: can't we all just get along, and respect other people's opinions, as long as they're not harming anyone? We're all human, at the end of the day, so why should we hate on our fellow man/woman/whatever for petty things like what's between their legs?

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Zachary Amaranth said:
And saying that is completely meaningless.
Not at all.

Zachary Amaranth said:
Have you ever taken a single look at this?

From your posts, I'm guessing no. Because a simple google search would be enough to turn up such cases (not to mention debunk a lot of your other specious claims in this thread), and if you went on google scholar....
Don't get annoyed with me for asking you not take you on your word and back up your claim. If its so simple to do then back up what you claimed, don't expect me to do your homework for you to back up what you said.

Zachary Amaranth said:
It's kind of sad, because you skipped right over the dude who used a basic understanding of high school science to explain how genetics aren't the part that intrinsically matters to ask me this.
I saw that, and I also saw how other people pointed out that it was inaccurate.

Zachary Amaranth said:
Let me ask you another question: If you can have an XY woman who has primary sexual characteristics, can develop secondary sexual characteristics, can mesntruate, get pregnant, and carry young to term....I shouldn't even say if, but SINCE. Since you have women out there like that, what difference does it make if they have "male chromosomes?"
The difference is that one is natural and one is artifically created. A "women" with XY chromosomes is only a "women" because they had a great deal of surgry to achieve such a status.

Also, since when can MTF menstruate, get pregnant and carry to term? How is it that they have their own uterus?

Zachary Amaranth said:
(external factors may be necessary to maintain such a pregnancy, incidentally, but that does not immediately mean a chromosome issue).
...oh, well that answers my question, huh? Like I said, these things(pregnancy, menstruation, ect.) are not natural[footnote]Before you jump to conclusions, by saying that they are not natural, I'm not talking about morality.[/footnote]. Hence there is a difference between a real women and a person who get surgery to look like one.

Zachary Amaranth said:
If your girlfriend/wife had a child with you, then was determined to be "male" by some genetic screening process, would you dump her? Tell her she wasn't a woman? What? Would you pull an Oedipus Rex when you learned the "truth?"
I would never put myself in that situation to begin with.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
MarsAtlas said:
So you're going to judge and treat people differently based on the fact that you think they look icky?
"Icky" is an understatement, those two look like something out of a horror movie. Better yet, South Park actually made me a little bit intimidated by their version Michael Jackson [http://theoccultsection.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/michael-jackson-ghost-south-park.jpg].

MarsAtlas said:
Did you miss where the photograph says "unnerving push towards uniformity"?
What are you talking about?

MarsAtlas said:
Well thats your problem. If you think you have the right way to live which is better than anybody else's, then why haven't you earned a Nobel Peace Prize yet?
Its not a problem at all, I have every right to judge a person. Its a human thing to do.

I never said I was perfect and above criticism, but that doesn't revoke my right to had thoughts and opinions on the appearance of other people.

MarsAtlas said:
You'd be surprised.
Not really, I've never been accused of being addicted for playing video games for 15 out of 168 hours.

MarsAtlas said:
No, but it does explain some of his operations so that not all of them are without what you consider merit.
In regards to surgery related to fixing his burns? Sure, they have merit. Now in regards to dyeing his skin or getting multiple nose surgeries? No, it doesn't justify them.

MarsAtlas said:
Missing out on something that is meaningful to you? Thats generally not a good thing.
That is hardly "suffering", more along the lines of first world problems.

MarsAtlas said:
I'd argue differently.
You can, but I've seen it done by people who lacked a lot of social skills, so its not unachievable.

MarsAtlas said:
No, not really. So?
So your comparison between spending too much time on video games and getting multiple surgeries when you don't need them doesn't hold up. You can make new friends, you can't get your old nose back.

MarsAtlas said:
Let me compare this situation to marriage. Its "til death do us part", right? But whats wrong with a marriage that is very happy for 30 years that doesn't make it worthwhile? Why can't it be twenty years, or ten, or just five years, if its five years that improves the lives of the people involved? People call that a failure, five years of happiness, because of the fact that you're technically considered divorced now, something irreversible. So what if somebody has an operation that improves their life, but it doesn't do so for the rest of their life. Does the fact that it worked out for them for ten years, and then because the person suddenly feels its not longer beneficial, mean that part of those ten years of their life where the alteration drastically improved the quality of their life were somehow wasted?
Carpe Diem, really? I guess I would consider that person short sighted for living for the "now" and disregarding the future when it involves something as serious as facial plastic surgery.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
MarsAtlas said:
Okay, at least you're honest and not trying to cloak yourself in the respectability of science.
I never claimed it was scientific fact that the people were ugly, I'm pretty sure I made a subjective statement about their appearances.

MarsAtlas said:
I'm guessing you don't see the irony in referencing some plastic surgeries as "done right" when the caption implies that its unsettling that everybody is pushing for this stnardard of beauty that others are setting for them.
I said that they were done right in the sense that they still look like people and don't look like something from the Uncanny Valley after their surgery. If you don't like that picture, here [http://wuphysicians.wustl.edu/graphics/assets/images/FileUpload/5667image.jpg] is another example of plastic surgery "done right".

As for the text and the criticism it has for South Korean women, it has already been pointed out how ignorant and hollow the criticism was [http://www.racialicious.com/2013/02/06/on-south-korean-superficiality-we-are-deeper-than-you-want-to-know/]. Feel free to read the article, it was written by a Korean American women in response to the article that Jezebel[footnote]That is the website from where I got the picture you were referring to.[/footnote] published.

MarsAtlas said:
Yeah, just come out and say that. I wouldn't have wasted my time with you, and I'm sure other wouldn't have either.
I think you went into this debate assuming a lot if you think I thought I was perfect in every way. I never claimed such a thing, but I find it foolish and an ad hominem to say that because I'm not perfect, I can't form an opinion on the appearance of another person.

MarsAtlas said:
He paid the money for them, and he had the desire for them because it was with the intention to omrpove the quality of his life without causing bodily harm to anybody else. Seems pretty justified by anybody who gives a rat's ass about rights.
How does dyeing your skin and making your nose thinner improve the quality of his life?

"Justified"? No, I don't think so, but his right to do so? Sure, I'll agree that he has a right to do it, but there is certainly nothing justifiable about dyeing your skin and getting multiple nose jobs until there is almost nothing left.

MarsAtlas said:
They're not disregarding the future. Everybody I know that has had any kind of non-life saving surgery has gone in with the knowledge that they may regret it, with the fear that they might regret it as soon as they wake up. Despite that, they choose to have the surgery. Seems pretty responsible to me.
You have a fear that you could wake up with a mutilated looking face and you choose to do it anyways? No, that isn't responsible. If anything, it would completely embody the mentality of YOLO.

EclipseoftheDarkSun

Sep 11, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
EclipseoftheDarkSun said:
You can't just slap "science" on your beliefs either.
How fortunate I am neither slapping science on my statements nor erroneously calling them beliefs.

You are free to continue your insistence, but that doesn't give your superstitions any inherent validity. I'm sorry, sweetie, I really am. This is why those people who do all those surgeries, those doctors who recommend and screen them, all seem to disagree with you on the concept of gender.
Shared delusions of those with vested interests perhaps..

Just because you say they're not beliefs doesn't automatically make them so.

But at any rate, just because I have opinions that differ from your own, does not automatically make me 'superstitious' or 'ignorant'. At least, no more or less than yourself. And I'm not trying to force you to live a particular way, I do not give a damn what you do to your body and I understand that the body and brain are out of alignment in transexuality which is why you want to align them, but a definition of what sexuality is, is obviously partly based on biological reality and partly based on what people have mutually agreed upon. i.e. some of it is ideologically-based and some of it is simply linguistic.

But believe what you like, it's not like you're going to kick down my door and tell me what to do or vice versa.

And I don't appreciate the apparent condescension in your use of the word sweetie. Just thought I'd mention it, whether or not you give a damn.

JarinArenos

Jan 31, 2012
I'm pretty sure yes, assuming all other attraction was there. I just don't think it would end up being that big of a deal in the long run.

Lindsay94

Sep 14, 2013
You know not all of us get surgeries, if lucky, like me, we start estrogen at 15 and just develop a woman's body.