Could you kill a person?

Trasken

Mar 30, 2010
I've been doing martial arts for almost 8 years and i always tell the new guys this: If he comes at you with his fists hurt him, if he comes at you with a stick cripple him, if he comes with a knife fuck him up or for life, if he comes at you with a knife and keeps coming after he's been crippled? It's your call but i would not feel bad if he dies

blazeion212

Dec 17, 2009
The only way i could see myself bringing the end of a life, was either to stop them from something bad, or to end the suffering of that person.

Trasken

Mar 30, 2010
To Generic Gamer:

No, due to honor and mostly because running leaves you way too open, this is mostly my opinion though some would rather run, but if you turn your back to someone with a knife or a stick you better be sure you can outrun him, im not a runner don't have the speed for it, so i'd rather take my chances in a way where i can see him.
And regarding the trying to have him back down, that is something i agree on, never will i instigate or start a fight but i sure as hell will try to finish it when it starts

TheAceTheOne

Jul 27, 2010
Kaisar said:
They say you change after killing a person no matter what the circumstances. It is the ones that show no outer effects that are the truly evil ones. I could do. There are people in this world that are already dead, they just don't know it, and I could easily fix their living "issue". People that rape others. Anyone that harms a child in anyway. These people are already dead inside. Why not make the outside match? It would be doing them and everyone else in the world a favor.
Pretty much... Although I do think it wouldn't be right, if I did (and I'd seriously consider doing it if I could), then I'd probably change inside enough by doing it that my morality would warp. Like him.

WazzizFace

Jul 28, 2008
I think I could only kill either to defend myself or someone I cherish, and only if there was no other option.

For example, if I were in a hostage situation and the bad guy had threatened to shoot me next (or say, my friend) and he presented me with an opportunity to kill him, i'd bloody well take it. Even then i'd be probably pretty fucked up afterwards.

Seives-Sliver

Jun 25, 2008
I think about it every day, but all in all I couldn't do it, it'd be way too much trouble on my end, no matter who the person is, they cannot evoke an emotion strong enough in me to warrant their murder.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Response 1: Why, are you lookin' for a guy? And if so, haven't you been watching all those news stories about people getting put away for trying this crap over Facebook?

Response 2: If you really want to find out, keep bothering me...

Response 3: Yes. I'm not saying it's something I would do whimsically or lightly, or that I wouldn't try to avoid it, but if, say, someone was threatening my family and the fastest and most certain way to end that threat was, say, to shoot them, I would shoot them. I'm not saying I might not feel bad about it later, but that feeling would probably occur sometime after the second reload.

Every day people die who don't deserve to, and in many cases, people who have done nothing wrong. If you show me that you are the kind of person who will use lethal violence for your own gain or amusement, and imply your willingness to use that violence against me or those I care about, I do not feel your departure from this mortal coil is a net loss.

Braeburn

Aug 3, 2011
Ah'd never do that t'another living thing, worst i'd do is throw a pie at 'em, never could kill 'em

Gasaraki

Oct 15, 2009
I highly doubt it, considering that last night I had a dream in which a murderer rapist pedophile was hunting me down, and when I thought that I'd unintentionally caused his death, I started feeling really guilty. But then he came back and tried to kill me with the shadow of a river, and all was good again in dream land.

nunqual

Jul 18, 2010
SecretsOfMoon said:
Yes, murder is actually on my bucket-list.
....Why?

OT: Possibly, yes. If it was a situation where it was necessary, I don't think it'd bother me that much.

Warlord211

May 8, 2011
Only if i had a very good reason, like self-defense. No way could I kill a person in cold blood. The guilt would eat away at me.

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
Depends on the situation. While I don't think human life is cheap in general, I also don't think they have equal value. If three sadistic thugs assault and torture one innocent person, then its better to kill all three of them than to let them hurt an innocent, like that gurkha in India, who killed eight bandits on a train with his kukri because they tried to rape the girl sitting next to him. I would also kill a person if they threatened my life, or that of my friends or family, but only if they couldn't be stopped with diplomacy, or a sneaky incapacitating strike. I doubt I could ever bring myself to kill an innocent person, unless again it was a matter of saving my own life or that of whoever else he was a danger to. If I had to kill a person though, I'd need a gun, knife, or decent blunt weapon. I've never had much luck in fights, so if I had to fight unarmed, I'd need to win very quickly, with a neck snap, palm strike or non-lethal takedown before they saw it coming. I could never beat a better trained fighter than me.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
If someone walked over to me in a pub, looked me square in the eye .... then drank my beer....

Hell hath no fury like a drunkard denied his own ale, I would choke the cheeky git with his own liver.

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
If the reason was there - if they were going to harm anybody I care about, I do reckon I'd be able to bring myself to kill a person. However - I would deeply regret it and it would haunt me for the rest of my days.

Krinku

Feb 5, 2011
Definitely depends on the situation. Are they threatening me or my friends? If so, yes, but in any other situation no.