Could you kill someone if you had choice?

zombiesinc

One day, we'll wake the zombies
Mar 29, 2010
If this stranger is going to die regardless, I figure it's best to shoot him. Two dead bodies is worse than one. Though, I no doubt would struggle to cope with the situation for the rest of my life.

Curious, does my captor actually let me live after having shot the stranger?

Shadowfaze

Jul 15, 2009
zombiesinc said:
If this stranger is going to die regardless, I figure it's best to shoot him. Two dead bodies is worse than one. Though, I no doubt would struggle to cope with the situation for the rest of my life.

Yep, you can just walk away.

zombiesinc

One day, we'll wake the zombies
Mar 29, 2010
Shadowfaze said:
zombiesinc said:

Yep, you can just walk away.
I better! I just killed a man...

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
"I never would"

AvsJoe said:
Yeah, I'd shoot him.

First I'd check how many bullets are in the gun (hopefully there's more than one ;p). I'd shoot the guy in the right kneecap, and take in the screams of pain as if they were the songs of the sirens. I'd let him cry for about 10 seconds before I shoot his other kneecap. I would wait until his screams die down before hitting him in the face with the butt of the gun; hard enough to break his nose but not hard enough to knock him unconscious or kill him. About 30 seconds will have passed by then.

Depending on how many bullets I had in the gun, I would use all but one in the next couple of seconds, shooting the guy in his stomach, left hand, and testicles. After a short wait I would press the busines end of the gun onto the man's skin (wherever's convenient) and watch his flesh sear and scald from the heat. At this time I would only have a few seconds left so I would point the gun at his face and stand silently for as long as I dare, letting the man soak in fear (unless he's too busy with his pain). Then I'd shoot him in whichever eye I choose at the time and watch him drop with a smile on my face. Of course this is all assuming at no point does he pass out; that would suck.

:D
............. now that would make a good video game!

Umwerfer

Nov 3, 2008
What happens if you hide behind the man, so that he is positioned between me and the sniper? Although, snipers are known for being somewhat lack-witted, only mastering the point'n-click aspects of fps'. One of them being a mastermind, you say? I'd shoot myself i the knee for being outwitted by him in the first place.

Oh, and no. I would not kill someone.

PoliceBox63

Apr 7, 2010
AvsJoe said:
Yeah, I'd shoot him.

First I'd check how many bullets are in the gun (hopefully there's more than one ;p). I'd shoot the guy in the right kneecap, and take in the screams of pain as if they were the songs of the sirens. I'd let him cry for about 10 seconds before I shoot his other kneecap. I would wait until his screams die down before hitting him in the face with the butt of the gun; hard enough to break his nose but not hard enough to knock him unconscious or kill him. About 30 seconds will have passed by then.

Depending on how many bullets I had in the gun, I would use all but one in the next couple of seconds, shooting the guy in his stomach, left hand, and testicles. After a short wait I would press the busines end of the gun onto the man's skin (wherever's convenient) and watch his flesh sear and scald from the heat. At this time I would only have a few seconds left so I would point the gun at his face and stand silently for as long as I dare, letting the man soak in fear (unless he's too busy with his pain). Then I'd shoot him in whichever eye I choose at the time and watch him drop with a smile on my face. Of course this is all assuming at no point does he pass out; that would suck.

:D
Noice! :p

llew

Sep 9, 2009
ye, but only because if i live i can find the person who made me do it, if i didnt i would assume we would both die

Kenko

Jul 25, 2010
Mackheath said:
If I don't know them? Without a seconds hesitation.

Sorry, but no strangers life is more important than my own.
Yeah pretty much what i'd do to. After shooting him one can only hope that hte unseen mastermind type doesnt shoot you anyways ;)

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
I dont want to, I think that no one should have the right to claim another human beings life.

But survival instict wins out in the end. Anything for survival. Thats not ideology, thats instinct.

AlexinChains

Sep 18, 2010
Wouldn't give myself the time to think; just drop the gun and run like the clappers, praying the guy doesn't hit me.

AlexinChains

Sep 18, 2010
I'd assume the maniac with the rifle wasn't going to spare me anyway, so I wouldn't give myself the time to think; just drop the gun and run like the clappers, praying the guy doesn't hit me.

Defective_Detective

Jul 26, 2010
AlexinChains said:
I'd assume the maniac with the rifle wasn't going to spare me anyway, so I wouldn't give myself the time to think; just drop the gun and run like the clappers, praying the guy doesn't hit me.
I think I'd agree.

Personally, I'm not going to give this sick person the satisfaction of destroying my sense of honour and self-respect by killing an innocent, when more than likely they'll kill me anyway.

Presumably, this handgun has only one shot. I know it's stupid, but if I can, I need to try and make a run for it, and hopefully get a chance to fight back later.

It would really help if I knew more about the hypothetical environment.