Crafter Crafts Minecraft Within Minecraft

McGuinty1

Oct 30, 2010
Nobody else noticed that the video title is misleading? He actually created a computer within Minecraft that plays Terraria.

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
Earnest Cavalli said:
Admittedly, the chance for amusing, memetic repetition is the main draw for this story
I think the word you mean to use is mimetic. Sorry for being pedantic.

The second someone makes a mod that allows for a block that can change colour via input, singularity will begin...

LilithSlave

Sep 1, 2011
This topic was not dying for an "Inception" joke at all. Especially not in the first response.

Nope.

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
McGuinty1 said:
Nobody else noticed that the video title is misleading? He actually created a computer within Minecraft that plays Terraria.
That's exactly what I thought.

Now if only Terraria could play Minecraft...

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Snooder said:
Twilight_guy said:
I can't help but feel as if someone just discovered 30 year old computers and suddenly felt inputting machine language by hand is fun. Weird.

That's interesting but as always I am left wonder what would happen if you took that energy and put it into a programming/creation techniques that is "useful" in the real world as opposed to just to Minecraft players. (Oh yeah and technically since Minecraft is running in Java on a JVM onto of your OS, this seems silly to me).
Honestly? Not much probably given that most of what is being done with redstone is retreading the basic techniques that people learned 50 (or more) years ago. I mean, it's amazing work, but as far as practical application, about as useful as a guy who specializes in hand-made swordsmithery is to modern metallurgy.
Yeah but knowing the basics of how a computer is structure and put together in abstract makes you perfect for working with Assembly and integrated circuits. Different techniques to make the item but the same theory. Replace redstone with wire and pixels and add some electrical work and he could have made a handheld game from scratch. It's not practical in itself but if that knowledge was applies to the actual field I'm sure those skills could be useful. (Even if we use high level stuff in electronics today somebody still has design the circuits).

mocruz1200

Jan 17, 2009
doggie015 said:
All it needs now is a Liquid Crystal block and we'll be able to get ACTUAL pixels onto this bad boy!

Next project: Duck hunt!
liquid crystals? all you need is differently colored torches!

Ziadaine_v1legacy

Flamboyant Homosexual
Apr 11, 2009
I cant even get a silo door to work, and this guy builds a computer WITHIN a computer game WITHIN a computer. :<

crepesack

May 20, 2008
Ziadaine said:
I cant even get a silo door to work, and this guy builds a computer WITHIN a computer game WITHIN a computer. :<
BWARMMM BWARMMMMMMM BWARRRMMM BWARRRMMMMMM.

Neat..although I wonder what this guy does professionally.

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
Proverbial Jon said:
Yo Dawg, I heard you like MInecraft, so we put your Minecraft in your Minecraft so you can mine while you mine.

But seriously, the things some people can do in terms of programming is amazing, especially when it gets down to this sort of level. However my brain is hurting trying to comprehend it all :S
programming is amazing. this is down right witchcraft. he made a GAME using nothing but redstone wires! thats like designing an analog computer out of pebbles

steeple

Death by tray it shall be
Dec 2, 2008
but can it play minecraft in minecraft, inside minecraft?!

Notsomuch

Apr 22, 2009
These people are not going to rest until they have made a minecraft computer that can use linux.