Crafter Crafts Minecraft Within Minecraft

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
I'm still getting double doors to work... I'm pretty sure you get a million dollars and a prize if you create a machine inside of a machine that is more powerful then the machine its running on.

standokan

May 28, 2009
Wow everytime I think "they can't make something more awesome" and then something like this comes along.

Aardvaarkman

I am the one who eats ants!
Jul 14, 2011
The article is misleading where it says it is a computer that can *play* Minecraft within Minecraft. That would imply that it is a computer that is able to manipulate the game it is running in. But it's not. It's just a simple mini-game constructed within Minecraft. It requires human user interaction. So, while it might be possible to *run* a simple game within Minecraft, this "computer" can't *play* anything.

LostTimeLady

Dec 17, 2009
This is pretty darn sweet (I watched the tour of the inner workings too).

What a guy, this is amazing. I love minecraft for things like this. It puts even my most ambitious projects to shame. And I don't mind in the slightest.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
Even though I have enough engineering skills to make something similar, I always feel stupid after watching this kind of videos.
I suck at space management to do this. :(

Critterbot

Nov 19, 2010
Now to create a computer that plays minecraft within minecraft within minecraft...yes I'm horrible.

Corpse XxX

Jan 19, 2009
Proverbial Jon said:
Yo Dawg, I heard you like MInecraft, so we put your Minecraft in your Minecraft so you can mine while you mine.

But seriously, the things some people can do in terms of programming is amazing, especially when it gets down to this sort of level. However my brain is hurting trying to comprehend it all :S
My thought exactly.. how many post until someone makes an exzibit reference.. Not many :)

ImmortalDrifter

Jan 6, 2011
orangeapples said:
Can he build a computer in his minecraft-playing-minecraft-computer? And will it be able to play minecraft?
Dammit man he already divided by zero, DON'T MAKE HIM DO IT TWICE!

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
fryzee said:
Didn't seem that great to me....
Either you're an amateur troll or you have never played minecraft. Or know what it's about.
I mean do you have any idea how much work a project like that is with the limited resources available in minecraft? Plus, it looks like it was made completely without mods. Apart from inventory/worldeditor obviously because that would have been sheer madness to farm and place every single block by hand.

I can't make any joke though, everything was already used. I am sorry.

El_Chubba_Chubba

Mar 13, 2009
He should build a computer within the minecraft thats within "normal" minecraft. That would get f*cking complex.

roostuf

Dec 29, 2009
If this gets anymore abstract, it will create a fucking paradox through time and space!

Mettking

Mar 17, 2011
Someone cut this guy a check before he makes skycreeper and blows up the world

silasbufu

Aug 5, 2009
It's really impressive and all, but I'll be honest, Minecraft news is beginning to be really boring and repetitive.
I get it, some people have imagination and fucking shitload of free time on their hands.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
buy teh haloz said:
RT-Medic-with-shotgun said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
I believe this is what you were looking for:

:)
And we are picking up reports of the universe imploding at the outer edges.
We're also recieving reports confirming that a group of exploding bush-monsters are the perpetrators behind the attack. More on this story as it develops.

OT: Kinda looks like a game being played on those massive switchboards. You know those ones. They look kinda like this:

Still, that's pretty awesome. Although now I feel kinda dumb that I've only created a massive wooden cabin and he's managed to build the game within the game.
Visit a library, pick up a couple of books on electronics where you can learn all the nuances on circuitry, OR/NOR circuits and such, and I bet you will come up with ideas. It's really just taking that one more step from cabins to toasters.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
The idea of building computers out of a component as basic as the redstone is nice, but I can't help but wonder if modding in various component blocks to save on space would kill the magic, or make bigger projects more feesiable...

Lordpils

Aug 3, 2009
It's only a matter of time before someone takes this minecraft within minecraft and starts putting other games on it until finally we have minecraft within minecraft within minecraft and the computer bursts into flame because the universe doesn't like that.

Chaos-Spider

Dec 18, 2009
Now the next step is to make a computer in minecraft that can run minecraft to an extent that you can make a computer in minecraft that can play minecraft...

Onward dear comrades to mathematical impossibility!

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
Who cares anymore. People build all kinds of things in Minecraft and by now I am just tired of hearing about it.