Craftwork

Renegade-pizza

Jul 26, 2010
That last panel should be in the Smithsonian's game section, for how perfectly it captures the state of AAA and pay-to-win mindset.

Also, FuckYouBuyMore is obviously the name of EA and Ubisoft's customer support services

ryukage_sama

Mar 12, 2009
I enjoy the mechanic of designing and building fortifications then being placed in a 1st or 3rd person view from the trenches to defend the position like in Sanctum but preferably more customization than guns on blocks. I'm sure plenty of Minecraft fans would enjoy a FPS version. Eldritch was popular enough.

I wonder what the exclusivity would be like for upcoming Minecraft projects with Microsoft running the show now.

PapaGreg096

Oct 12, 2013
Say what you will about fuckyoubuymoregames but I still they aren't as bad as fuckyougivememoremoney arts

TallanKhan

Aug 13, 2009
I have found these strips to be a bit hit and CriticalMiss recently but I have really enjoyed the ones over the last couple of weeks.

And no your not imagining it, I did just make that pun, and yes it really was that bad.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Was there a AAA game cliche missing? Oh, yeah. Creeper-explosion-proof furniture to crouch behind for cover.

Falterfire

Jul 9, 2012
CaitSeith said:
Was there a AAA game cliche missing? Oh, yeah. Creeper-explosion-proof furniture to crouch behind for cover.
What? That's crazy talk. Of course that's not a thing.

... Not until you pay us $9.99 for the Ultra Protection Pack DLC anyways.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Nice touch with the aiming thing on the pickaxe. The guy holding that must have terrible aim!

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
I am amused by the sight on the pickaxe. It reminds me of the kind of thing I'd expect to see on the TF2 steam workshop.

Kielgasten

Oct 12, 2009
Yes, those who dare to find joy in AAA-games are indeed nothing but trained monkeys....*rolls eyes*

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
There's so much going on in that last panel; you guys literally missed nothing.

Love that the extra items slots need micro-transactions to unlock ^_^

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Kielgasten said:
Yes, those who dare to find joy in AAA-games are indeed nothing but trained monkeys....*rolls eyes*
Clearly, Grey was saying that he personally thinks you're a trained monkey.

No way was it commentary on the corporations in question.

I think we need to #cancelcarter over this injustice.

deathbydeath

Jun 28, 2010
This isn't exactly new ground for the comic (or gaming pundits in general), but I sincerely hope you don't mind if I create a game studio and call it "fuckyoubuymoregames".

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I expect any day now to see that Unturned (developed by a 16-year-old) has been bought out for ten billion dollars.

Darth_Payn said:
Nice touch with the aiming thing on the pickaxe. The guy holding that must have terrible aim!
SomebodyNowhere said:
I am amused by the sight on the pickaxe. It reminds me of the kind of thing I'd expect to see on the TF2 steam workshop.
You mean people don't commonly put reflex sights on their pickaxes? How can you be sure you'll hit what you want to hit?