Crap that STILL bugs you.

JeffBergGold

Aug 3, 2012
Every "meme" with the exception of: Spurdo,"Come at me bro", and "Do you even lift?"
Bronies: It saddens me to know that I'm in the same generation as these males it's a disgrace imo.
Avatar the last Airbender: Animation sucks, characters suck, voices suck. It's just a bad show.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
I'm still mad at the fact that I never had a single friend during school, and the fact that my mother had me institutionalized. Do those count?

If not, uhh... tired of hearing about MLP and the other crap the boyfriend insists I watch.

Rayne870

Nov 28, 2010
IPunchWithMyFists said:
Mine is 'Repo: The Genetic Opera'. I have no reason to still get pissy about that movie, but I so do. It's so awful.
Man I loved Repo, but I watched it shortly after a documentary titled "how much is your body worth" I dunno I guess it just hit me at the right time and with the right mentality.

Borat still bothers me a fair bit (due to my slut of an ex that used to quote it all the time), Napoleon Dynamite grew on me (Blame WoW for making me love the dance) though I haven't watched the whole movie in a few years now and have no desire to.

My fiance HATES Steve Zissou The Life Aquatic, while I'm pretty much infatuated with it, the dark humor really works for me.

...somehow at the end of this I feel like I haven't contributed anything to the discussion, oh well pressing post anyway.

PuffinBox

Aug 29, 2011
Lord of the Rings: I find boring as hell, I don't like the world, or the characters or the fact that its a nine hour movie. I also made a point of watching it all so my hate wasn't unfounded...it wasn't.

The King Kong Movie by Peter Jackson: It's boring as well and King Kong dies in the end(I never knew this) I waited 2 and a half hours for that damn monkey for him to die in the end.

The Hobbit: Awful book in general and the only book I have never finished

IPunchWithMyFists

Feb 14, 2011
Addendum.

Oh, and only not an original post edit because it's not that important, just to take notes.

By "no real reason to stay angry", I mean shit that would make a cancer patient kick you in the face for complaining about.

One thing that's not heavily media related:

People who close their eyes singing 'Proud To Be An American' like it's a goddamn hymn.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
White_Lama said:
Borderlands.

I liked the game until I got to the most utterly shitty ending I have ever seen in a game.
It destroyed all the fun I had gotten out of the game until that point.
haha..reminds me of that certain other game...

Deus Ex:HR..

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
I'm still a bit pissed at Halo for replacing all the hard work that had gone into console fpses up until that moment and set a new lowest common denominator standard for how to make them. I admit I have in later years come to recognise that Halo CE and Reach were extremely well made, but dude... Perfect Dark still kicks their ass in ten different directions.

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
Bronies. I like the show but for fuck sake stop showing me all the music, animation and pictures you make. It is embarrassing for to me to deal with your fan creations and it's embarrassing on yourself because it makes you look obsessed. Being obsessed over any TV show is also annoying

Catie Caraco

Jun 27, 2011
For me, it's that Twilight and it's bastard, fanfiction offspring 50 Shades of Grey are such huge, commercial successes. I don't mind that they are out there, and that some people choose to partake in them, but I'm damn pissed that they are held up as the height of modern literature by their rabid fanbase. The writing in them is just atrocious, editors went at them like they were made of glass when they needed weed whackers. And they glamorize physical and mental abuse of a woman by her love interest and hold it up as the height of romanticism. Stalking is not sexy. Being talked down to is not romantic. Being threatened is not sweet. Being bound by zip-ties is PHYSICALLY DANGEROUS.

What especially bothers me about 50 Shades is that it teaches people the S&M lifestyle... the wrong way. A dangerous way. See above zip-ties snippit.

What bothers me the most, though, is that my mother, who is in her mid fifties, gobbles up this schlock like it's a gourmet meal and then is disgusted with ME for not finding Edward amazingly romantic and tragic. She once, when I refused to watch the movie with her, told me I was just jealous because I wasn't dating Edward. >_< This is coming from a woman whose read all of Anne Rice and the original Dracula, so she KNOWS good Vamp writing. I... I don't even know. I'm so flabbergasted I don't have words.

May 14, 2011
Mine I'm sure is Starcraft, WoW, Diablo and any other games by Blizzard. My God, one of my former friends used to compare every single RTS to Starcraft and every single MMORPG to WoW like they were the fucking best games ever made. I'm not saying they were bad but this guy annoyed the shit out of me. It was like Blizzard was the all-powerful benevolent creator of awesome and everybody else were either ripping it off or just doing a shittier job.

And now... I don't play any RTS games, MMORPGs or games published by Blizzard. And I'm also not friends with that guy anymore.

May 14, 2011
Greenstripe0 said:
Oh let's see. *scans through pages of rage* seems like most people covered everything for me. Huh. What do I do now? Well, time to possibly make a huge chunk of this entire website hate me. Ahem. I HATE Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World. That movie may have been the biggest waste of my time AND cash that I have ever experienced regarding cinema. And I have seen some awful movies. Hell, I sat through The Room BY MYSELF to prove a point. But nothing, NOTHING makes me more angry than Scott Pilgrim. I loathe it. Also, moviebob's rants are slowly getting up there for me. Hell, let's just throw on really preachy youtubers and internet personalities in general. There we go. I feel better now.
You think Scott Pilgrim is worse than The Room... As Yahtzee said "Your opinion is wrong!"
If you dont like moviebob or the like than why do you still watch them? Are you trying to find reasons to get mad?

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
zehydra said:
Big Bang Theory tv show. It's about how "funny" nerds are.

Yep. Can't say I enjoy it.
Oh, this, so much this. I think the the part where I found out the guy penny always dates is a model in real life.

That's right, even in a show about nerds, the one who is a model is the one who gets the chicks.

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
xmbts said:
Console team fortress never getting a single update.
Heard dat, then again, the closest thing to Team Fortress on console was Brink, and that failed miserably, so it's a strange one to guess at.

Connor2224

Feb 21, 2011
Trezu said:
Hunger Games : i liked the movie, i liked the books. BUT I HATE THE FANS. im sick of seeing this

Napoleon Dynamite is a very unfunny film that only seems to please lobotomites with half a brain cell. at least that seems to be the general census of people who tell me its the best film of all time

Harry Potter: Yes its a good book/movie now please stop banging on about it like its a bible
I was going to argue about Napoleon but then i saw your profile pic and i can not argue with that...

OT: avatar: the legend of korra
yes i am sure its very good, no that does not mean i want you to talk about it non-stop especially to me who is not a fan of this series

blizzaradragon

Mar 15, 2010
Skyrim: I still can't understand why people keep flocking to Bethesda games when they are usually bug ridden messes, and saying GOTY on top of it. Sure the map is big so you can explore a lot, but what's the point when there aren't really any consequences for your actions and everyone there came straight out of uncanny valley? I'll admit some of the mods are fun(slapping around Randy Savage as Pinkie Pie for example), but between the normal Bethesda problems and a god awful interface for PC players I don't see why it gets so much praise. Hell, only reason I have it is because I got it as a gift from a friend who wouldn't shut up about it.

Final Fantasy VII: Why is this so popular? Simply because so many people played it as their first Final Fantasy? The characters are crap(except Red XIII, who is pure flavors of awesome), the story is meh, Sephiroth is one of the worst Final Fantasy villains ever and WAAAAAAAY overhyped simply because he has a giant sword, Cloud is the worst main character in the series, I could go on and on. It gets even worse when people refuse to play the other Final Fantasy games because "You can't get better than VII, so why bother?" I'll admit it's still structurally sound and is alright to play, but there are SO MANY BETTER ones to play and thus it stays near or at the bottom of my Final Fantasy favorites list.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Tiberiu Paul Iordache said:
Mine I'm sure is Starcraft, WoW, Diablo and any other games by Blizzard. My God, one of my former friends used to compare every single RTS to Starcraft and every single MMORPG to WoW like they were the fucking best games ever made. I'm not saying they were bad but this guy annoyed the shit out of me. It was like Blizzard was the all-powerful benevolent creator of awesome and everybody else were either ripping it off or just doing a shittier job.

And now... I don't play any RTS games, MMORPGs or games published by Blizzard. And I'm also not friends with that guy anymore.
To be fair...comparing something with the two biggest games in their respective genres isn't exactly a massive stretch. Granted you shouldn't write stuff off just because it's not as "good" as Starcraft or WoW, although with the latter it needs to be at least close to being good as that to even have a chance of surviving.

I mean most bog standard fantasy MMOs /are/ aping WoW, and are generally shittier version of it. You're not going to stop playing WoW to play WoW with shitter and less functionality, that's just silly.

I mean a fantasy MMO comes out and it gets compared to WoW, that's how it works. Mainly because a lot of people bill it as the next WoW killer... like that's ever going to happen.

But OT: people who say lol, and by that I mean people who use it as punctuation and people who say it in real life. It's a fucking acronym for laughing! IF YOU THINK SOMETHING IS FUNNY FUCKING LAUGH, DON'T SAY LOL BECAUSE YOU LOOK LIKE A FUCKING SPASTIC! *grinds teeth*

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Dragon Ball: Evolution

Oh hey, a live action Dragon Ball movie, cool. Seeing Goku in real and shit.

NOPENOPENOPENOPENOPE.

Part of Goku's charm was that he wasn't raised around normal civilization, he had to learn about that stuff from Bulma.

The movie just made him the unpopular kid in high school.

Aeon_COR

Mar 1, 2010
I have the opposite, I love TimeShift, but everyone else seems to be of the opinion its crap.
I've played it through three times with it having zero reward for second playthroughs, and I never do that even when there is incentive.
Varied and creative guns, interesting cut scene integration, fun and semi-strategic time powers.
Only complaint is it ending abruptly, just seems to be missing its act 3.