Crazient/Oddest/Worst Userbase on a Forum?

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Warlord Timmy said:
The Escapist forums. Filled with ignorant users who think they're intellectuals, lots of annoying nihilist kids and an atmosphere of "No Fun Allowed". Also overly-strict mods who, in all likeliness, will suspend me just for making this post.
Really? If you dislike this community so much, then why are you still here?

I admit there are a few too many nihilist kids but if you think "No Fun Allowed" then you evidently haven't been on the right threads.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
iamjonah said:
Honestly, if you want to see the worst in people, go to any vaguely political news forum. Left vs right "debates" devolve almost immediately.
You mean like this?

On failbook.com the comments people leave are just trolling rubbish from the very first post. I occasionally forget and go to the comments if I don't understand a joke, but am invariably met with a barrage of utter crap, not even funny, just crap.

Jailbird408

Jan 19, 2011
Korak the Mad said:
Jailbird408 said:
I wish I was the Only Sane Man in Youtube, but I think its stupidity is rubbing off on me.
Oh, sorry, do I have to say something else?
That is why I usually never read the comments on Youtube, so many people insulting one another, over the slightest transgression.
Um... I actually got into a fight like that once. His name was RaVexSLB or something like that, he argued with me because I was a "comment whore" and his spelling and grammar was ATROCIOUS. He even managed to screw up a genuinely good comeback by misspelling it ("...your name shouldnt be jailbird it should be jailbat"), and when I likened it to hitting the ball out of court in tennis he called me a fag. Oh dear. I guess I'm as much to blame as he is for aggravating him. Then again, I'm getting passing grades in English.

The Rookie Gamer

Mar 15, 2010
JoJoDeathunter said:
Warlord Timmy said:
The Escapist forums. Filled with ignorant users who think they're intellectuals, lots of annoying nihilist kids and an atmosphere of "No Fun Allowed". Also overly-strict mods who, in all likeliness, will suspend me just for making this post.
Really? If you dislike this community so much, then why are you still here?

I admit there are a few too many nihilist kids but if you think "No Fun Allowed" then you evidently haven't been on the right threads.
Masochistic tendencies? Banning fetish? Or just bitter about something?

OT: Youtube is where any slight probability of civil discussion burns a hellish death. It is the cesspool of the internet.

Crazy_Dude

Nov 3, 2010
IMDB forums I dont care on what movie board you are. But there are always trolls and more weird Off Topic posts then actual discussions.

GoAwayVifs

Aug 5, 2011
Everything here [http://www.somethingawful.com/d/weekend-web/] more than qualifies. Of those the furries are probably the worst. Most of these are varying levels of NSFW so click at your own risk.

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
The most fucked up userbase on a forum?
Has to be either youtube comment section or /b/ and despite /b/ beeing /b/, i think youtube actually wins...

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
Wow, what's the point in asking a question if you mod people for giving one of many possible answers? Doesn't that seem insecure? Seriously, if you can't handle criticism, just lock the topic already.

I think Yahoo News has the worst userbase ever, but I'm not a big fan of the one that people keep getting modded for mentioning.

Itsthefuzz

Apr 1, 2010
Any forum that has a large portion of people who obsess over one thing. So basically anyone like Bronies, hard core RPers who get seriously mad if you break the immersion, hardcore fanboys... etc.

Jun 11, 2008
Rawne1980 said:
Bioware forums are bizarre.
Youtube ...... I have no comments. I've never seen such a collection of stupid in one place before.

I can't say IGN after the giggle I had there once. PS3 debate going on and I lobbed in that PC's were better .... the rage was hilarious.

And any gaming forum that has threads about my little pony. I get that people like it, one of my daughters loves it. However. Not everyone does, those of us that don't like it don't want to hear about it and what the fuck is an "everypony". Seriously, I get that you love the show and thats great but stop forcing it on the rest of us or i'll start forcing my love of Fraggle Rock on you.
Did you at least do something like this? I know this is a bit offensive so I don't mean it to people in general. Ok console tards imma let you finish but PC is the best platform of all time.

Some stuff on some 4chan boards can be out there but it isn't a 100% bad place just a bit chaotic.

penguindude42

Nov 14, 2010
Warlord Timmy said:
NO FUN ALLOWED. ANYONE CAUGHT HAVING FUN WILL BE OBLITERATED.

mcpop9 said:
I'm a furry and i have to say, half of the fandom is completely crazy, trying to convert people and shove their pride down others throats. Why can't they be like the rest of us and just be cool with it?

so half of the furries on any forums.
This, 1000x. Those nutters are an embarassment, not unlike the modern NASA.

Yes, I seriously made a joke out of an old news post.

~TOM<3

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Personally I think Youtube fields massive troll armies.
penguindude42 said:
Warlord Timmy said:
NO FUN ALLOWED. ANYONE CAUGHT HAVING FUN WILL BE OBLITERATED.
This is incorrect. You'll just be thrown in where the interns are thrown or the basement. Hard to say which is worse actually.

genericusername64 said:
Wow, this thread is like target practice for moderators
LINE THEM UP AND KNOCK THEM DOWN!

Jofizzm

Aug 26, 2009
Wow, the mods here sure take offense to hating on mods elsewhere...

Youtube has to be the worst, at least you know what you're getting if you go to 4chan.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
ExileNZ said:
FATAL.
Just FATAL.
Or should that be F.A.T.A.L (kinda like S.T.A.L.K.E.R except without any redeeming features whatsoever).

The community (if it can even be called that) is full of douchebags. The game itself is shit. The writer/creator is not only a rabid misogynist but also clearly batshit insane.

As RPGnet puts it : It is even worse than the hype makes it out to be, which in itself it rather amazing.

I'm not even going to link it. Google it if you dare.

It's like if /b and goatse made an RPG.

(also, my apologies to humanity as a whole for even referencing this in a public place - some of you will never, ever be the same for it and I'm sorry)
I looked it up on TVTropes.

Is it bad that I've never laughed harder all freaking year?

"Roll for the size of your anal orifice" (?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!)

"Rolling the Slut trait increases the size of your lower orifices by 30%"

"If what you just rolled makes no physical sense, please re-roll"

There's more, but I'd feel really dirty (and risk suspension) if I continue.

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
The Off-Topic/Spam section on any given forum is usually the worst place. When people do not have carefully structured guidelines they must follow they will do as they please and see how far they can push their boundaries before they begin pushing back. The older members tend to form a sort of "heirarchy" where they are the rulers and anybody who is new and does not fit into what the heirarchy views as an acceptable new addition to their surrounding pile of worshippers will be shunned and torn to shreds by just about any other member.

Of course they all turn into little bitches whenever the mods start swinging the banhammer. If you're gonna be a trollish dick, you have to be smart about it.

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
staika said:
I'm surprised that no one said the Bioware forums yet, that place is just the creepiest place you could ever go to. Almost everyone there is a massive douchebag and will complain about every little thing and some of the stuff they talk about is just plain sick. Seriously a lot of people there are obsessed with tali to the point they made a thread about her sweat!

Edit: Heres the link [http://www.somethingawful.com/d/weekend-web/bioware-social-forums.php] to a site that shows more of the conversation if you really want to know >.>
I wonder what would happen if I went there and told them that I still haven't played any of the Mass Effect games yet?

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
teisjm said:
The most fucked up userbase on a forum?
Has to be either youtube comment section or /b/ and despite /b/ beeing /b/, i think youtube actually wins...
/b/ isn't a forum...

It's a black hole.