Crazy Dunkin' Donuts lady

Phrozenflame500

Dec 26, 2012
It's moments like this remind me that for all the horrible things the internet says to people every day, that one time where it's completely and utterly justified makes it all worth it.

Please go ahead and take that one way flight to mars. It's been fun, don't come back.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Sixcess said:
I think I'd have

- Asked her politely to stop being abusive.
- Asked her to leave if she continued.
- Called the cops once she started with the racial abuse.

Although it does occur to me that in this case the workers have done even better. By being unfailingly polite and professional they make her look even worse... and now the internet will take its revenge and ruin the crazy woman's life.
You're not allowed to throw a customer out. Dosen't matter if they spit you in the face, you're only allowed to throw someone out if they steal something. And even then the cops have to see it in action.

It's a fucked up world when criminals are given more rights then hard working citizens.

lazinesslord

Jun 13, 2010
Somewhere in that video she mentions something about people pissing in her fries.
Gee whizz, I wonder why anyone would do that to such a polite, kind, and young lady like her?

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Zef Otter said:
A. this is acceptable behavior
B. Filming this and posting it on facebook...is a good idea?
I've worked retail in past but never service industry. The closest I've come to that was hosting at a small restaurant. Anyway, the woman is in public...there's really no excuse to drop any 4-letter bombs in public, that's just going to make you look bad. As for racial slurs there is no excuse whatsoever. As for B...she was right in that a ton of people would watch this. She was wrong though in assuming we would side with her.

The best part is, this is all over a receipt! She isn't complaining because of something like an obscure allergy to jam or, lemon or something...this is something as trivial as a freaking receipt. There are a million ways a fast-food order can get messed up and out of all of them, a missing receipt is the only one that really doesn't matter unless you're obsessive about keeping track of how much you spend and where.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
I've seen it a couple of times now, and also wondered why on earth someone would come to the conclusion filming that would accomplish anything other than make her look bad. You wonder if it's deliberate...filmed to go viral...but it sounds genuine. Given she had a modelling job a year or two before this that she was apparently doing fine at before she abruptly stopped showing up for jobs she'd booked, and given how erratic her behavior is and how out of proportion to circumstances her anger is, and given how skeletal she looks, I'm guessing she's got a pretty serious drug problem.

Just a guess, mind you, but I think there's sufficient evidence to support speculation.

Oct 2, 2012
RaikuFA said:
Sixcess said:
I think I'd have

Although it does occur to me that in this case the workers have done even better. By being unfailingly polite and professional they make her look even worse... and now the internet will take its revenge and ruin the crazy woman's life.
You're not allowed to throw a customer out. Dosen't matter if they spit you in the face, you're only allowed to throw someone out if they steal something. And even then the cops have to see it in action.

It's a fucked up world when criminals are given more rights then hard working citizens.
Not sure where you work but the company I work for gives employees a lot of rights when it comes to throwing customers out.
If they verbally abuse a worker in anyway, don't listen to our exact orders when it comes to rules of the establishment or if they do something else we're allowed to tell 'em to go away in whatever language we want as long as it isn't sexist or racist.
And if that doesn't work then we call the cops.
Feels good to have a more employee friendly company employing you.
But I'm guessing my employer's standards are definitely not the norm sadly.

OT: I applaud the guy that had to handle all that abuse for staying calm. Like seriously that must've taken some self control. Hope the asshole that flipped out like that feels ashamed right now.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Beffudled Sheep said:
RaikuFA said:
Sixcess said:
I think I'd have

Not sure where you work but the company I work for gives employees a lot of rights when it comes to throwing customers out.
If they verbally abuse a worker in anyway, don't listen to our exact orders when it comes to rules of the establishment or if they do something else we're allowed to tell 'em to go away in whatever language we want as long as it isn't sexist or racist.

OT: I applaud the guy that had to handle all that abuse for staying calm. Like seriously that must've taken some self control. Hope the asshole that flipped out like that feels ashamed right now.
I've been verbally abused, shown a knife and threatened with them "coming back with a gun and blowing out my brains". All on camera and yet my manager said we couldn't do anything cause they'd go to corporate and get a gift card.

Like I said, fucked up world.

Ninmecu

May 31, 2011
You all fail for not posting this sooner...

Mitch Hedberg on Receipts and Donuts

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
I can't even bring myself to watch this video, I simply read the article, and my blood is already boiling. I hate hearing about stuff like this. Why do people think it's okay to behave this way? It boggles the mind that I can see people not only treating a fellow human being in such a degrading matter, but are actually proud of it and want to show it off.

I hope the internet always remembers this video and that it comes up every single time this woman tries to get a job with that precious law degree she's trying to get.

I hope not getting that receipt was worth jeopardizing your entire future and having millions of people hating you.

Little Woodsman

Nov 11, 2012
BloatedGuppy said:
I've seen it a couple of times now, and also wondered why on earth someone would come to the conclusion filming that would accomplish anything other than make her look bad. You wonder if it's deliberate...filmed to go viral...but it sounds genuine. Given she had a modelling job a year or two before this that she was apparently doing fine at before she abruptly stopped showing up for jobs she'd booked, and given how erratic her behavior is and how out of proportion to circumstances her anger is, and given how skeletal she looks, I'm guessing she's got a pretty serious drug problem.

Just a guess, mind you, but I think there's sufficient evidence to support speculation.
Not a bad speculation....what really struck me watching the video is that at the start, she is very demanding
but not insanely so, and her demands are being met *without* *question*. Then at a little past the half-way
mark it's like someone in her head flipped a switch, and she went from just being demanding to "on the train
to Crazyville".
My immediate speculation was that she was on prescription medication for a mental condition and her prescription
had changed recently. I've been unfortunate enough to see that happen to a friend, and the results were similar,
though she was lucky enough that it was never filmed and put on the internet. Also seen the opposite with another
friend who was on a prescription that *didn't* work well for him, and when it was changed he stopped being a jerk
and turned in to a very likeable guy.

gyroscopeboy

Nov 27, 2010
The one good thing that should come out of this, is Dunkin' Donuts taking the "free meal" clause off their receipts. What a daft ****.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Strain42 said:
I can't even bring myself to watch this video, I simply read the article, and my blood is already boiling. I hate hearing about stuff like this. Why do people think it's okay to behave this way? It boggles the mind that I can see people not only treating a fellow human being in such a degrading matter, but are actually proud of it and want to show it off.

I hope the internet always remembers this video and that it comes up every single time this woman tries to get a job with that precious law degree she's trying to get.

I hope not getting that receipt was worth jeopardizing your entire future and having millions of people hating you.
It's because they're allowed to. Until laws are passed that say you can't treat a person doing their job that way then it'll continue.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Dead Century said:
Sociopath? I can't think of much else to explain that one. Maybe she just wants 15 minutes of fame. That's awful. I believe in the golden rule. And karma. Not that I wish ill on people, but was there any repercussions for her actions?
I do wish ill on her, and I'm happy to report that she was fired from her job just the other day.

Ashadowpie

Feb 3, 2012
well, apparently when she posted the video on facebook people called her out by being rude back and putting her 15 minutes of fame to 3 days of shame. the stupid ***** finally deleted her account. servers her right. its a freaking receipt, who the hell cares. you got your order right. are you serious about not getting a piece of paper?

oh and, yah, have fun in Mars, we cant even have people live on the moon and its closer. it's defiantly going to be a one way trip.

Adeptus Aspartem

Jul 25, 2011
RaikuFA said:
I've been verbally abused, shown a knife and threatened with them "coming back with a gun and blowing out my brains". All on camera and yet my manager said we couldn't do anything cause they'd go to corporate and get a gift card.

Like I said, fucked up usa.
Fixed that.
If you even remotely try to pull something like this off around here, you'll be thrown out of the shop faster than you can say doughnut.

Oct 2, 2012
RaikuFA said:
Beffudled Sheep said:
RaikuFA said:
Sixcess said:
I think I'd have

Damn that sucks. The people you work for are terrible.

Jinxzy

Jul 2, 2008
Adeptus Aspartem said:
RaikuFA said:

Like I said, fucked up usa.
Fixed that.
If you even remotely try to pull something like this off around here, you'll be thrown out of the shop faster than you can say doughnut.
Your one tough cookie, I just make them take a time out. Yes, I told a customer who was twice my age to "Sit down and take a time out. When your done yelling we can talk like normal adults and I can take your order." Until they can act like a normal decent human bean, they are not getting anything from me.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Beffudled Sheep said:
RaikuFA said:
Beffudled Sheep said:
RaikuFA said:
Sixcess said:
I think I'd have

Damn that sucks. The people you work for are terrible.
Luckily I left and moved to CA. Trying to get a new job now. Hopefully not in a place that has coupons(the source of all those attacks).

Bomberman4000

Jun 23, 2010
I used to be an assistant manager at a movie theater and have heard everything from "you changed the times so i would miss my show" to "we planned our entire night around this show and it's sold out? are you gonna give us free tickets?" to "you're a racist because I had my phone out during the movie and an usher told me to turn it off" to "you're a communist" but fortunately I was in the position to do a little something about it. I've even had one belligerent drunk woman AND her teenage (like 13-15) kids removed from a theater by a cop.

And every single fucking time, my manager and district manager ripped me a new one because of it. I told my employees "you do not get paid enough to put up with this shit, come get me." And when they come get me, I try to address things calmly but there are some people who just want to be heard. They want to put on a show to try and make the employees look like the bad guys. And when I could not reach an amicable conclusion to the problem. I asked them to leave.

Without fail within the next 24 hours I heard from my manager and district manager saying I should've given them something for free. And each time I told them they're insane. I'm not rewarding someone for treating my employees or me like that. And I still stand by that statement. Customers that came to me politely and calmly, EVEN IF I DISAGREED WITH THEM I did something to appease them. Anger may work with some people, but it will not work with me. Ever.

My advice to this woman: grow the fuck up. Seriously, this level of immaturity from a college graduate is unfathomable.