Create an RPG Class

Aug 25, 2009
I want a batman villain forced to work on the side of good, yet he continues to build his giant doomsday machines.

Actually, fuck it, I want Batman as a character class, a gritty anti-hero with no explicit powers, hugely intelligent and able to psychologically terrify his victims by dressing like some sort of creature.

feather240

Jul 16, 2009
lasherman said:
I can't think of a cool name for it, so just call it a Shielder. He would wear the thickest and heaviest armour and have the highest defense out of all characters, but lowest agility. Instead of traditional weapons he attacks with shields, using them to slam into his enemies. Sort of like a Spartan shield, but maybe with spikes around the edges, or razor-blade edges. Spells would be mostly defensive and stuns, so very good in a party as a tank, but has no ranged or healing spells.
I'd like that, but instead with fists. He would just tear enemies apart. Kind of like a Tank from l4d, but with Armour and a bit more sluggish looking. By sluggish I mean like a sleepy bear.

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
Pistolero.

Weapons: 2 revolvers with infinite ammo cheat.

armor: Chuck´s Hat (+1337 awesomenes).

spells: double-dealer, triple-deal, revolver rave, wheel of misfortune, Valkyrie Veil (cookie for the reference), boom to the head.

Susano

Dec 25, 2008
Philosopher: Be able to use philosophers theories to your advantage

e.g: Zeno's Paradox: Stop projectiles
Solipsism: Make it so that you are the only real person and the universe is your own creation (You can't alter it now, however) If you die, you're taking the universe with you
Dualism: Separate your mind from your body to reduce physical damage.
Occams Razor: Reduce the effectiveness of magic, as it relies on assumptions.
Nietzscheism: Similar to the "Fear" spell. Completely demoralize the enemy by making them think they are in a cold, uncaring universe and that their god is dead.
Your spells get extra power if you can justify them/ know who first thought of them.

This is blatantly put together from a certain webcomic. 27 cookies for the reference.

CloggedDonkey

Nov 4, 2009
I think a bunch of realistic classes would be nice. like in an apocalypse RPG.
Worker: someone like you and me, goes to work, has dinner, the nukes fall, runs to the gun store. Uses pistols
Hunter: someone who hunted in life, good at it to. Uses shotguns and rifles.
Inmate: a hardened murderer who will work with you, but would kill you for a twinkie. Uses the shiv(normal through electro) and fists.
Raider: hates working with people who don't support the killing, raping, and stealing lifestyle, but you have guns, and in this world, guns are nice. Uses all weapons, but not as good as the specialty classes.
Soldier: was sent in to control the riots, now the barricades are empty and he has an automatic weapon, and that armor helps to. Uses automatic and laser weapons(not the laser sword or laser shiv)
Knights-man: has gone insane and thinks he is a knight of old, good with a sword and shield, luckily, he has armor. Uses swords and shields(no shivs or general melee weapons) can only use metal and chain mail armor.
weapon classes:
laser: laser rifles and pistols. special weapon: laser sniper
shotguns: slow and powerful weapons. special weapon: auto shotgun
rifles: more powerful than that than the shotgun, but slower and in some cases, has to be reloaded after every shot. special weapon: MI garand
pistol: standard, revolver, and high caliber pistols. special weapon: 50 caliber pistol
automatic: assault rifles and sub machine guns. special weapon: mini gun
Shiv: a makeshift knife. special weapon: electro shiv
sword and shield: swords and shield, as the knights once used. special weapon: laser sword
general melee: clubs, knives, and other things that you hit people with. special weapon: titanium bowie knife

I know this is more of a RPG system, but I still think this would be a cool thing to make.

Jake0fTrades

Jun 5, 2008
Con Man/Negotiator/Backstabber

I've always preferred playing the stealthy characters, but I'd love to disguise myself as the enemy or talk my enemy into fighting for me, and afterwards shooting him in the back of the head with a suppressed M1911 .45 ACP.

Basically, I talk people into trusting me and doing my dirty work, then once they have outlived their usefulness, I blow their fu<k1ng head off.

Zallest

Sep 25, 2008
Kalezian said:
Zallest said:
Definitely not enough RPG games with Sharks and Polar bears.

if your into table-top [pen and paper] RPGS, I invite you to sit around with our GURPS group.

cybernetic land sharks with hand-saws is all I need to say.

as for a specific class in rpg's, I want a begger.

imagine it, you might have a big ass sword, but I could ask anyone for money and buy a better sword. also, it would be lol worthy to beg to a boss monster for money, maybe add innate confusion.
never played a PnP table top before, always wanted too but I just never put the effort in to find groups.

Duck Sandwich

Dec 13, 2007
Psychomancer - A class that uses psychic attacks, such as levitating objects/enemies, mind control, and telekinetically wielding melee weapons that they are not physically strong enough to carry. As they level up, they can upgrade their melee ability to wield more weapons, as well as do things that a conventional melee fighter cannot, such as making their weapons orbit around them and damage enemies that get too close, as well as launching weapons at enemies, using them as makeshift boomerangs.

quiet_samurai

Apr 24, 2009
Sidekick

+0 contribution to the advancement of the hero and his collective party.

+5 to menial tasks like polishing hero's boots and sharpening hero's sword.

+6 for some comic relief.

Remains with horses or carriage while hero enters dungeon for at minimum of one hour with only a 30 second cooldown.

+15 at hiding under tables when a fight breaks out.

-20 for avoiding being kidnapped by villian to be used against hero.

50% chance of death while finally attempting to do something heroic.