Create your L4D2 gamemode

Rahnzan

Oct 13, 2008
Twilight_guy said:
Just for all the people complaining about the game not being hard enough:
Suicide mode.
-one health pack at the beginning of the level.
-tank punch is an instant Incap.
-Smokers and hunters can incapacitate in 10 seconds.
-regular zombies do 20 damage.
-2 incaps and your dead.
-witch kills instantly.
-one pipe bomb and one moly per level
-more frequent horde attacks
-two random tank spawns per level.
-no additional ammo besides safe rooms.
-friendly fire is an instant incap(pistols do 50 damage).
-The finale has a horde spawn with the tank.
1) Not a good idea, I've not seen one invidivual not go through less than 2 med kits or a whole lot of pills since the game came out.
2) Expert
3) Expert no?
4) Expert
5) 1 less than 3, not much of a shlep.
6) Expert
7) Pretty much expert until you hit a safe room or get lucky.
8) Expert
9) Expert
10) Fair enough, have fun pushing zombies for 3 quarters of the level.
11) Fair enough. I wouldn't appreciate it so much. But then you did call it suicide mode.
12) Expert

IxionIndustries

Mar 18, 2009
Hmmm.. Here's my idea.

You or one of your fellow survivors is infected with the virus, and the survivors must find out who the infected one is, all the while fighting off other infected from the outside.
Kinda like the Parasite maps in WC3.

SamuelT

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2009
Country
Nederland
IxionIndustries said:
Hmmm.. Here's my idea.

You or one of your fellow survivors is infected with the virus, and the survivors must find out who the infected one is, all the while fighting off other infected from the outside.
A shotgun-blast to the face would make that problem go away fast.

orangebandguy

Elite Member
Jan 9, 2009
British mode, where you take on a more British approach to survival and lock yourself in the nearest pub and share one gun between the whole group.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Rahnzan said:
Twilight_guy said:
Just for all the people complaining about the game not being hard enough:
Suicide mode.
-one health pack at the beginning of the level.
-tank punch is an instant Incap.
-Smokers and hunters can incapacitate in 10 seconds.
-regular zombies do 20 damage.
-2 incaps and your dead.
-witch kills instantly.
-one pipe bomb and one moly per level
-more frequent horde attacks
-two random tank spawns per level.
-no additional ammo besides safe rooms.
-friendly fire is an instant incap(pistols do 50 damage).
-The finale has a horde spawn with the tank.
1) Not a good idea, I've not seen one invidivual not go through less than 2 med kits or a whole lot of pills since the game came out.
2) Expert
3) Expert no?
4) Expert
5) 1 less than 3, not much of a shlep.
6) Expert
7) Pretty much expert until you hit a safe room or get lucky.
8) Expert
9) Expert
10) Fair enough, have fun pushing zombies for 3 quarters of the level.
11) Fair enough. I wouldn't appreciate it so much. But then you did call it suicide mode.
12) Expert
I was trying to make it reasonable(although I would have more pills randomly scatter about) but I suppose the possibility of multiple tanks and no visual warnings for anything(not even damage arrows) could be added. Possibly no hero closets(revive dead players between maps still). Other then that, It's hard to add something that isn't flat out unreasonable. Maybe for those crazy "MAKE IT MOR HARDIER!" guys that still think that's too easy, they could just remove the incaps and make 0 hp = death. That'd make things challenging. Still, I honestly have no idea how people think expert is a cake walk unless they play the game constantly and have twitchy reflexes like some mouse ninja.

Bob_F_It

It stands for several things
May 7, 2008
One hit-point hero. That way I won't have to remind people to take their medkit fom the saferoom.

thejrade

Jun 16, 2009
I would love to see a 'Living Dead' mode (from the graphic novel) where you gather other survivors and carve out a safe zone to live in in the post Z-day world. Not really a game mode so much as a set of persistent sandboxes saved on your computer that you can go and play in every now and again. Hmmmm... perhaps we should call this mode 'Zombie Crossing' instead :)

Chunko

Aug 2, 2009
josemlopes said:
They for now have 4, the campaign, versus, survival and realistic. What game mode would you like to see Valve add to the game.

I would like to see the oposite of realistic, it would be called Mayhem. It would need new (and crazy) guns like miniguns, rocket launchers, grenade launchers, etc. It would be played like survival with the players trying to survive the longest time but when the survivors died the number of zombies dead would add points to the score and the number of zombies would increase (A LOT) of course. There could even be powerups spread arround the map, like more damage, faster reload, infinite ammo for a period of time, etc.

It would be a chaos and that was the point of the gamemode, explosions everywhere and all that shit. Kind of like a Duke Nukem game, or Serious Sam.

Now, you dont have to agree with me but I sure would like to beat the crap of those zombies with miniguns lol
How about a big sandbox map where you need to constantly move around to find food, and supplies. Or another map where you can build turrets and barricades to stop an increasingly tough horde of zombies.

SomethingUnrelated

Aug 29, 2009
Zombie campaign. You and a group of others must locate and infect any survivors. The closer you get to them, the brighter they'll appear on your zombie-dar. There is limited number of survivors, but they're hard to kill. Killstreaks earn you higher levels of zombies.

IxionIndustries

Mar 18, 2009
Samuel_of_Saruan said:
IxionIndustries said:
Hmmm.. Here's my idea.

A shotgun-blast to the face would make that problem go away fast.
Oh, yes, certainly, but not without consequences.
If you shot everyone down, thinking they were the infected ones, then you would soon be overrun by the infected outside.

If you killed a survivor who wasn't infected, then the infected hordes outside would get stronger. That would be the penalty.
So no shotgun blasts all over the place, or you wind up zombie food.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Jezzascmezza said:
(By the way, what exactly happens in realism mode?)
Essentially it'sjust L4D2, except all thelittle hints and convieniences are gone.

Such as you don't get player outlines when they are behind something, weapons/items do not glow and there is no prompt or sound effect when a special gets you, just like real life...

It sounds frickin' hard to be honest, like a step up from expert.

Kevlar21

Dec 18, 2009
Tank Wars

8 Players
All tanks

Free for all, and u have to kill each other.. last one remaining wins! =D

Liberaliterr

Mar 24, 2009
Race Mode

Two teams of survivors start at opposite ends of a big map, each team of 4 players must race an equal distance to an extraction point, but only one team can use it - the winners. Each route is similar and littered with AI infected and special infected, so basically it works as playing co-op like usual but as fast as you can against another team of survivors.

The extraction point will be through locked doors which can only be opened each side by their respective teams, this way if one team is ahead then they can't get to the extraction point and then hunt down the other team before they get there, both teams can however fight at the extraction point.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
I dunno what I'd call it, but it would be an extension on realism mode with a few changes:

1) Swinging melee weapons causes you to become tired. Each swing after the first gets progressively weaker until you take a minute or two to rest.

2) Normal infected act more like Hunters, but you can fight them off solo. Instead of just slowing you down, when they all start attacking they will literally take you down and start chewing on you.

3) Special infected don't all come in waves and at the same time. My biggest problem with L4D2 is that as soon as you see one special infected, there's sure to be 3 more right around the corner. I'd remove that predictability. You can be attacked by any special at any point in time, and they rarely if ever function in waves.

These changes would make it much more, well, scary than it currently is.

Zombie Pie

Jul 7, 2009
I do not know if someone has cleared this up yet or not, but In realism mode objects and survivors do not have the glow around them to help you see them and zombies can only be killed with head shots like in the movies.