Create your own alignment!

IndianaJonny

Mysteron Display Team
Jan 6, 2011
Dear fellow Escapists,

We know all the alignment tropes by now: Chaotic Good, Lawful Evil, Paragon, Renegade ya,da,da,da...

If, however, you were given the opportunity to create a brand new alignment, what would it be?

I would have to go with:

Fashionably Mischievous: You walk crisp, you talk crisp. Prone to taking people literally for their own enjoyment and the hero's misery. Willing to let the hero win if compensated with more screen time and perhaps a dance number. Harper's Bazaar subscriber and Eurovision connoisseur and so not 'above' gossip. Running or strenuous effort a no-no.

Faux Furry

Apr 19, 2011
Apathetic Neutral:
It's where one remains neutral not to maintain any kind of balance but because one doesn't care enough to pick sides.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
Impractically Unsure: for someone who just can't make up their mind what is going on, and who is good or bad, so they kinda work for both sides, but half-ass everthing they do in case they are in the wrong.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
A midnight, sinister and sagacious individual of mysterious and indistinct gender.

Not technically an alignment, but it's entertaining nevertheless. Echo Bazaar, by the way.

Corjha

Mar 14, 2008
Bad-curious: you play for the good guys but you pour molten lead on the orcs and eat/collect and trade their souls for devil magic.

SwimmingRock

Nov 11, 2009
Joyfully Random. I enjoy life and occasionally seem to contradict myself, but I don't let it bother me. Some days I want to hug the world and spread love and joy to all peoples and other days I just want to watch the world burn. Either way, I'm up for a laugh and good times. Possible alternative name for this alignment: Pinkie Pie.

GiglameshSoulEater

Jun 30, 2010
Corjha said:
Bad-curious: you play for the good guys but you pour molten lead on the orcs and eat/collect and trade their souls for devil magic.
I think thats chaotic good.

OT: Gigotic: fights for me and my goals, wether they are good or ill.

But mostly ill.

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Non-Stupid Evil
Where one deliberately and callously follows the 'good' path at every available opportunity in order to earn the trust of others and sow dependence, then uses that dependence and reputation for honour, justice and kindness to callously manipulate people while maintaining a facade of care for their wellbeing.

Corjha

Mar 14, 2008
GiglameshSoulEater said:
Corjha said:

But mostly ill.
Chaotic good seemed like the Robin Hood alignment to me. Serving the people without regard to what the lawmakers have said. Bad-curious is a sadist who for some reason has sided with the "heroes".

WittyName

Jan 3, 2009
Haplessly indecisive: Sat there waiting for someone else to decide your alignment for you, because you're useless at making decisions.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Hey Listen! (Hyperactive good): Technically good, but the sheer enthusiasm you put into this is enough to turn most other good characters evil. Examples: Navi, Pinkie Pie, Jar Jar Binks

GiglameshSoulEater

Jun 30, 2010
Corjha said:
GiglameshSoulEater said:
Corjha said:

But mostly ill.
Chaotic good seemed like the Robin Hood alignment to me. Serving the people without regard to what the lawmakers have said. Bad-curious is a sadist who for some reason has sided with the "heroes".
Ahh, the token evil teammate then.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TokenEvilTeammate

konor77

Aug 26, 2009
izzet?
think typical mad scientist with a large dolop of arrogance and moral ambiguity.

mb16

make cupcakes not bombs
Sep 14, 2008
intelligent-lazy

where you can do stuff, you just cant be bothered. (like my physics A-level)