Creative Assembly Details Total War: Warhammer's Post-Launch Content

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Creative Assembly Details Total War: Warhammer's Post-Launch Content

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1311/1311740.jpg

Meanwhile, there will also be paid DLC.

Lord Packs will include two playable legendary lords, with their own quest chains, bonuses, and items, Race Packs add either a new race or full unit rosters, heroes, lords, and legendary lords, and Campaign Packs are "supercharged version of a Race Pack" which contains a new race and a new challenge campaign. More details on each of these packs can be found here [http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War:_WARHAMMER_Future_Content_Blog].

"With both Rome II and Attila we were able to release playable factions, new formats and even a free campaign expansion as a thanks to players for supporting Total War," said Rob Bartholomew, Brand Director at CA, in a press release. "The Warhammer Fantasy Battles World is gigantic, and we're looking forward to exploring it over the forthcoming trilogy. But that incredible cast of characters and monsters also provides us the chance to make lots of interesting Free DLC to support our games over time."

Total War: Warhammer releases on May 24.

Politrukk

May 5, 2015
Same as with Rome Total War 2 and Attilla then.

Hope it's not as bad as it was with Atilla however the Free-lc seems quite limited.

I'm hedging bets and think they're going to do the Bretonnians for free after a while because they are already in the base game.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Samtemdo8 said:
Don't care about Lizard and Rat people.
Well thats a shame, because the Lizardmen and Skaven are probably the most original factions in WFB, unlike everything else ripped from what passed for pop culture at the time.

Also, Doomwheels [https://1d4chan.org/wiki/DOOMWHEELS].

Bombiz

Apr 12, 2010
008Zulu said:
I bet that the 'New Playable Race' is the Warriors of Chaos preorder bonus.
@008Zulu it's actually not. it's most probably Bretonnia or wood elves thats the flc faction. Chaos is day one dlc

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Halyah said:
That said a bigger map with more of the world would be nice too. The Total Warhammer map isn't that big, but then again I guess I've been spoiled by the warhammer fantasy mod for CK2.
There is a warhammer fantasy mod for CK2? Looks like i got no reason to buy this game now and will just play that!

ron1n

Jan 28, 2013
Politrukk said:

Hope it's not as bad as it was with Atilla however the Free-lc seems quite limited.

I'm hedging bets and think they're going to do the Bretonnians for free after a while because they are already in the base game.
Yeah almost certain it will be Bretonnia. Their army is the least complex and has one of the smaller unit rosters, so makes sense they will be the free inclusion.

As much as people will gripe about this stuff, I think most of the race packs etc should hopefully be good value given the how unique each of the base factions are. The legendary Lords and Units on the other hand, probably will be a rip off.

Bombiz

Apr 12, 2010
Strazdas said:
Halyah said:
That said a bigger map with more of the world would be nice too. The Total Warhammer map isn't that big, but then again I guess I've been spoiled by the warhammer fantasy mod for CK2.
There is a warhammer fantasy mod for CK2? Looks like i got no reason to buy this game now and will just play that!
@Strazdas I don't see why you wouldn't still buy Total war warhammer if you're playing CK2. They're 2 totally different games.

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
This actually doesn't look too horrible. Free dlc are always nice, however insubstantial they might be. On top of that new Factions in this game will most likely be different enough to actually be somewhat worth their price. Not Rome 2's "Pay 15 Euros to play these people with spears wearing slighly different clothes to the other people with spears."-dlc.
That being said I still heavily doubt that I am going to buy Total War - Warhammer any time soon with both Stellaris and Hearts of Iron 4 coming out around the same time. Those should be more than enough to scratch my Grand Strategy Itch for quite some time.

Politrukk

May 5, 2015
ron1n said:
Politrukk said:

Yeah almost certain it will be Bretonnia. Their army is the least complex and has one of the smaller unit rosters, so makes sense they will be the free inclusion.

As much as people will gripe about this stuff, I think most of the race packs etc should hopefully be good value given the how unique each of the base factions are. The legendary Lords and Units on the other hand, probably will be a rip off.
The Warhammer setting lends itself to be diverse, if they drop the ball with this I'll just give up on them honestly.

Allthough they've already let it slip by only going with such a small number of factions in the base game, they're pawning it off with the notion that this other dlc and these other games are being funded by the current dlc.

However it irks me a little that they've dialed back the FreeLC this much.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Halyah said:
I'll be completely unsurprising and say I want Neferata and her vamps as a playable faction in their own right. They're pretty much my favorites in warhammer fantasy.
Empire, Dwarves, Greenskins and Vampire Counts are the 4 confirmed races.

Maybe we will get Tomb Kings. That'd be nice. Might be too much to hope for Nagash himself as a playable Lord. Still, Bone Giant vs Chaos Giant.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Samtemdo8 said:
The only factions care about is Bretonnia, the 3 Elven factions, and Ogre Kingdoms.

Oddly enough, the only factions I care about are the lizard and rat people. You can keep your metal heads, pointy ears and big fat guys.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Worgen said:
Samtemdo8 said:
The only factions care about is Bretonnia, the 3 Elven factions, and Ogre Kingdoms.

Oddly enough, the only factions I care about are the lizard and rat people. You can keep your metal heads, pointy ears and big fat guys.
I want my fantasy genre to be pure and traditional.

Lizardmen and Skaven are lame in concept they are not unique fantasy creatures they are just anthromophized animals. (Though admittedly the Lizardmen looks badass)

Besides If you want new original creatures in Fantasy look at Morrowind or Planescape Torment or Burning Crusade World of Warcraft.