Creative License Makes For Gorgeous GlaDOS Cosplay

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
Hagi said:
Also, why exactly is this in the news section?
Truly. Pointless articles like this are diluting the dominance of the Mass Effect articles. We demand more Mass Effect articles. Also podcasts.

subtlefuge

Lord Cromulent
May 21, 2010
The lack of any real split-personality distinction (which with the half costume thing should be really easy) kinda ruins this. She is very pretty, and the photography is a little bit better than average.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
That's why it's so impressive that this GlaDOS cosplayer was able to humanize the malevolent AI, while retaining recognizable features of the original design. The overall effect is at once immediately reminiscent of Valve's creation and quite aesthetically pleasing.
She stuck GlaDOS' face over her half of her own. I mean, kudos to her and all, it's certainly an above average cosplay, but... Well it's not so amazing that you need fawn over it like this.

Although to be fair, the only human GlaDOS I've ever liked is the one in this animated video:

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Oh dear... yet another fetish to add to the pile... im turning into quite the varied pervert.

ThePenguinKnight

Mar 30, 2012
Honestly I find it pretty boring. I always thought it'd make an interesting story if Glados built herself a humanoid body and went on the run, maybe begin interfering with the Half-Life world more.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
If you look in the "Planned" section of her other costumes, she also has a Companion Cube-themed one coming (I say "themed" because it doesn't seem to me like she's going to just make a big cardboard cube to walk around in; it'll be more "in the spirit" of the cube than a literal representation, like GLaDOS here).

Personally, I'm more looking forward to the Weeping Angel costume though...

RThaiRThai

Jan 13, 2010
Lumber Barber said:
Earnest Cavalli said:
How do you cosplay a character with no recognizable human features?
Actually...
Exactly! I'm not disappointed in any one person for not knowing this because it's not immediately obvious, but I'm disappointed in you as a group for only one person having pointed this out.

This isn't just a fan idea; this is from Portal's in game commentary too. Here's the Wikia article:
http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Glados

I'm not all that upset, but I'm annoyed that people don't realize GlaDOS was already somewhat humanoid.

Also, like what some others said, the costume is perfectly nice but nothing amazing. In person I'd certainly be very impressed if someone wore this costume, but the standards are a bit higher in this context.

Thaliur

Jan 3, 2008
pdgeorge said:
6SteW6 said:
I dunno if it was her poses, the costume or the models figure/hair but it all came off very...lady gaga to me :S
I agree, none of it reminds me of GLaDOS, the head was sort of well made, but the close up pictures shows how meh it really is.
The dress she's wearing doesn't look ANYTHING like GLaDOS and it doesn't look like anything special in the slightest.
That's pretty much what I was thinking. Apparently, If I dress up in blue and red, and put a metal plate in front of my mouth, I have built an Optimus Prime costume.

I won't deny she looks a lot better than me, though. It's just that the costume is kinda... lazy? Lazy might be the correct word.

The Human Torch

Sep 12, 2010
revjay said:
Had they not pointed out this is supposed to be GlaDOS, I would've had no idea what they were going for. I guess the costume designer gets points for.. making a costume but I'm just not a fan. Sorry, nice try kids.
Pretty much this, it's only recognize because of that mask that covers half her face, the rest speaks nothing of Glados. It's black and white, but that can be almost anything.

Still, a pretty girl.

purifico

Oct 29, 2009
I dunno. She just does not have the Glados feel.She's pretty and has an android body and has a Glados piece stuck to her head for some reason. But no, she's not Glados. Nice try though.