Creature Caster Masters: Bloopers 1-3

AngryPeanut

Apr 1, 2010
I really hope this show stays around. It has a lot of potential and it looks like you guys have fun making it.

Mariena

Sep 25, 2008
So much hate. So many demands. Pretty unreasonable, if you ask me. Just hang back and wait for episodes to appear.

If you have no expectations, you can't be disappointed.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
Toasty Virus said:
While funny, I feel this is a bit of a cop-out, I want more proper episodes!
I'm really surprised that people didn't get the part in the beginning where it said that they have a technical issue that needs sorting out and so instead of nothing you get a blooper reel.

It's almost like you guys weren't watching it >.>

Khada

Night Angel
Jan 8, 2009
You need to stop!.... HAMMER TIME!!! (thought the whole vid was quite funny)

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
I guess I don't get the sense of humor that many Escapists have. Usually when I find a video funny, I go into the thread and people complaining and say it wasn't funny.

I didn't laugh once at this one, not even a cracked smile. So I expected the complaining to be worse, and here I find for the most part, it was a smash hit and people found it funny. I don't know, maybe I didn't laugh because I don't find animated blooper reels to be genuine.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Ellen of Kitten said:
Doralingus got plenty of comments, hits, and praise. The crew stopped so they could do a feature, and then return to DaA.
I don't even know how anybody couldn't know that that is what they are doing and are going to come back. The last PSA said that that was the case. Though they did royally burn the horribly insane and demanding fans with the animated representation of a fan with his head up his ass.

It was getting out of hand with the complaints of, "Oh no, there is no reason you should have to make it bi-weekly", or "There is no excuse for a 4 minute episode when last weeks was 8 minutes".

People these days need to appreciate that they get anything at all; the makers of Doraleous and Associates could just as well say, "Screw you fans you are just too demanding", and I wouldn't blame them if they did.

uguito-93

This space for rent
Jul 16, 2009
Anyone else notice how nearly every series on the escapist that starts bi-weekly or becomes bi-weekly starts suffering setbacks and eventually just ends? Its happened to unforgotten realms, doraleous and associates, ENN. I just hope its only a onetime thing for this, would hate to see it end before its had a chance to get some momentum going.

Thedarkness77

Oct 24, 2010
People need to stop complaining these series are free and the makers don't get payed and even if they do its probably not that much, just be thankfull for what we get.

templargunman

Oct 23, 2008
Wow... this is pretty pathetic, you can't really make a blooper reel for an animated show, I'm kind of sick of this whole thing, I'm not really sure why I'm still watching, I guess now unless I'm really bored I'll just be done with this show forever.

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
Thedarkness77 said:
People need to stop complaining these series are free and the makers don't get payed and even if they do its probably not that much, just be thankfull for what we get.
They do get paid. What the heck made you think they didn't? Second, if you don't criticize something, how is it ever supposed to improve?

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
I can relate to this very well. I supply a voice for an online series as well so by the time I get a recording I like, I've already made several dozen mistakes.
I'm starting to enjoy this series. can't wait for the next one.

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
I think next weeks should be a blooper reel too. (sorry I mean the week after's episode)

I can see why some people are finding the idea of this episode being a blooper reel annoying and to be honest I can too. The whole "free entertainment" argument doesn't hold much water with me as I endure the adverts on this site and a member of the publishers club pays for high quality videos. I loved Dorealeous and ass. but when it went Bi-weekly I stopped watching, the narrative shows really need to be weekly and stuff like ENN, zero punctuation would be fine because there is no running story and bi-weekly really gives time for polish. Someone mentioned a having a backlog and I am really suprised that there wasn't one.

I think what annoys me most is that someone gets a fantastic opportunity to make a show for a site like The Escapist and it fizzles out so quickly, a week late and a bloopers episode? I work in the media and me and many of my co-workers would kill for an opportunity like this. In T.V. and Film you can get fired for being a day late and I have had to beg, borrow or steal computers and work through the night to finish a project for a deadline.

I know that sounds preachy or ranty or that the authors might not read this but I think all criticism of content aside this show is using up a lot of good faith from it's audience in a highly competitive market.

There is no reason any show on this site can't be as successful as the guy who makes yellow stop motion animations in window movie maker

Wolfenbarg

Terrible Person
Oct 18, 2010
Swifteye said:
Toasty Virus said:
While funny, I feel this is a bit of a cop-out, I want more proper episodes!
I'm really surprised that people didn't get the part in the beginning where it said that they have a technical issue that needs sorting out and so instead of nothing you get a blooper reel.

It's almost like you guys weren't watching it >.>
Getting extras in-between episodes for Doomsday Arcade made a lot of sense. Their episodes ran quite long, had great production values, and really had us engaged through the process for each and every week, so when they started taking huge breaks and teasing us with extras when the episodes were running even longer while leading up to the finale, we all sort of understood what was going on. This show has only run for three proper episodes before hitting its first major speed bump. When you have an issue of this scale before your show has even come into its stride, you've ruined a lot of early impressions.

NiceGurl_14

Aug 14, 2008
Ima842 said:
icyneesan said:
You need to stop.... hammertime...
<youtube=otCpCn0l4Wo>
Related (for some strange reason)
Its funny, but i want to see more of the story, anyways it's still an awesome series.
Do I get extra points for watching the whole music video?

OT: I like the series so far and the blooper reel was funny. I'm still hoping to see more funny things from this series. I'll give ya the benefit of the doubt and hold out for more.