Creature Caster Masters: It Begins

PrototypeC

Apr 19, 2009
This defied all my expectations by being mildly humourous. I always noted how rarely Explosion was used in Pokemon, and what would happen if something that wasn't MADE OUT OF STONE tried to use it.

cymonsgames

Dec 17, 2010
So this is the new series? Pokemon/Yu-Gi-Oh knock off jokes with crappy flash animation? I worry about the writers here.

Lemme know when Yatzee does his obligatory cameo.

And before you guys go off defending it, my problem is only one thing. It's unoriginal. Yes, so was Doraleous and Associates, and I didn't watch it either. Why make rip off stories when original ones are so easy to make. Here's a few:
o Kids from the future play a VR game of the past, which is to say our time, scoring experience points for going to work and navigating traffic, with the quiet one in RL doing all the GTA side quests in game.
o Flinstonesque cavemen attempt to invent a new form of entertainment making a different classic video game with primative tools and creatures in every episode.
o Space pirates NPCs in a TRON like video game. Each planet or space port they land at pokes fun at a different video game trope, like they're browsing someone's MAME directory.

I could keep going.

ManaAdvent

Apr 16, 2010
This was pretty good to say the least and I thought the waffle iron part was just humorous.

prouler

Nov 24, 2009
hmmm, not a point in it's favor that I felt embaraced just watching opening, but really, it was funny. Decent show so far, I'll watch the next few for sure.

Venatio

Sep 6, 2009
Increase the animation pace and this is an instant classic. Man, all these great shows popping up on the escapist is a real gem. About time someone did some poking at the stereotypical kid-with-monster franchises.

Jimtopia

Slaving away over a hot laptop.
Oct 3, 2008
Thanks for all the comments and feedback guys! Glad a lot of people seem to be enjoying it, and to those that didn't (and actually gave feedback), I'll be sure to keep your criticisms in mind as I continue producing episodes.

Dusk17

Jul 30, 2010
I thought it was boring, unfunny, and poorly animated (that may have been the point but it is still bad).

Pinstar

Jul 22, 2009
Intelligent humor, I like it. Clean up the pacing/timing just a LITTLE bit and you're spot on. I will definitely be back for episode 2.