Creature Caster Masters: It Begins

cinch-2

Nov 9, 2010
Duffeknol said:
Please please PLEASE let someone redo the show's themesong with an actual guitar. Thank you.
It was created with a real electric guitar on a distortion effect.

Duffeknol

Aug 28, 2010
cinch-2 said:
Duffeknol said:
Please please PLEASE let someone redo the show's themesong with an actual guitar. Thank you.
It was created with a real electric guitar on a distortion effect.
Really? Then fix up the recording quality a bit, it sounded like one of those Fruity Loops guitar emulators.

cymonsgames

Dec 17, 2010
Josdeb said:
cymonsgames said:
So this is the new series? Pokemon/Yu-Gi-Oh knock off jokes with crappy flash animation? I worry about the writers here.

Lemme know when Yatzee does his obligatory cameo.

And before you guys go off defending it, my problem is only one thing. It's unoriginal. Yes, so was Doraleous and Associates, and I didn't watch it either. Why make rip off stories when original ones are so easy to make. Here's a few:
o Kids from the future play a VR game of the past, which is to say our time, scoring experience points for going to work and navigating traffic, with the quiet one in RL doing all the GTA side quests in game.
o Flinstonesque cavemen attempt to invent a new form of entertainment making a different classic video game with primative tools and creatures in every episode.
o Space pirates NPCs in a TRON like video game. Each planet or space port they land at pokes fun at a different video game trope, like they're browsing someone's MAME directory.

I could keep going.
Then stop complaining and make one? Learn to use an animation program, write up some scripts, either voice-act them yourself or find friends who can, and enter it to the Escapist?

Personally, I like your first idea, I'd watch it.

As for the show that is actually on the site, I am enjoying it. I was a little worried it would be a bit too slow paced, but it made enough jokes and at the right time for me to be interested.
I shall watch
There is a ring of truth in what you say. I actually have got animation "skillz" having studied the art for 18 months before realizing the institute I was attending was little more than a shake down operation. However, having those skills I realize the cost going in (in terms of time and money). How much do I stand to gain making animations for the escapist? I'm a busy guy, working full time, getting my masters, plus a family. Unless I graduate or drop out or lose my job I don't know where I'd find the time.

Maybe if I stop commenting on forums online.

Plus, the other thing I'm worried about is what WaderiAAA pointed out. Animation and idea aside would I be able to pull of the funny and delivery necessary to make with the funny? Survey of my past work says..... maybe not.

shufflemonkey16

Mar 7, 2008
The humor has some potential, but it's not living up to it right now. The main problem is that it seems as if the dialogue was written by one really uninspired and unoriginal writer. Get some more writers working on this.

eyedonutkair

Feb 6, 2009
So, the first 30 seconds, i was like 'what is this crap...'
After I realized I watched it all and was entertained, I think I will not be missing an episode of this ever.

Kenzinator

Feb 11, 2009
Hmmm, not really my bag. I kind of missed the pokemon thing, so maybe I just don't get it. Good luck with your new show.

templargunman

Oct 23, 2008
I'll watch it for a few more episodes, give it time to improve, but right now I didn't find it that funny, maybe it's been too long since I played a pokemon game.

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
By the way, this is going to be nitpicking but one of the jokes in this really bothers me. At 3:11 the main character comments on the "wikidex" giving him useless information. I can see two possible jokes here; the first one being that wikipedia is an unreliable source for information. This is a jokes that has been done millions of times before, and considering that wikipedia is a lot better than it used to be it doesn't make much sense now. The second one being that the pokedex never gives you helpful information. This jokes doesn't make any sense though, since the purpose of the pokedex is to annalyze pokemon to learn about their habits, physical appearance, and other things as biologist would be interested in. It's not supposed to tell you how to fight them in battle. So regardless of which joke you were going for, it still failed.

If you're wondering why I'm nitpicking this joke in particular, it's because it to me represents a serious problem; you couldn't even parody Pokemon properly. After spending god knows how much time on the internet, you still couldn't make a proper joke in a pokemon parody. That's honestly pathetic, and it doesn't bode well for the rest of the series.

Also, enough with the 8-bit music. Just because music is 8-bit does not mean it's funny or nostalgic or whatever it is you were trying to go for. Music of such low quality died out a long time ago, so shoehorning it into this series makes little sense. Furthermore, please put more effort into the monster designs than a blue blob with eyes. Seriously, a third grader is more imaginative than that.

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
This definitely has potential. Maybe some tighter editing would help, it seems kinda slow I guess. The item system jokes were good though, more of those.

I'll be checking back on this. It needs work, but it could be interesting.

Pumpkinmancer

The Pumpkin is our salvation!
Sep 20, 2010
I thought tis would be terrible, but it was alright. I found some moments to be hummus. I'll stick with it and see if it actually goes anywhere.

Perja

Dec 14, 2010
awesome sauce
Definitely be watching
hope it's weekly
though bi-weekly works too

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
Jimtopia said:
Thanks for all the comments and feedback guys! Glad a lot of people seem to be enjoying it, and to those that didn't (and actually gave feedback), I'll be sure to keep your criticisms in mind as I continue producing episodes.
Just remember, humor is made better when it's punchy. ;) Fast, and relatively unexpected. Like Explosion! That made me crack up where everything else did not. ;)

Blayze2k

Dec 16, 2009
Well, there were a couple good jokes in there.
I'll be watching to see if things get better or worse.