Creepy Hospital Droid Watches You When You're Sick

Citrus

Apr 25, 2008
For most of the video you can tell she's a robot, but there's actually a few spots where she could pass as a human being no problem. For example, 1:47-2:00.

Crazy stuff.

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
It must be destroyed for the good of mankind!

Or at least given a less creepy skin-tone.

tharglet

Jul 21, 2010
I watched the video, but it didn't creep me out lol...
Then again I know my uncanny-valley response is somewhat broken lol.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
I would rather have Bender monitor me than this thing. At least I know I can't trust him.

BlueHighwind

Jan 24, 2010
I was expecting the robot to stand up at some point, lift its arm, open its mouth, and then just let out an inhuman noise: RTRTRETRRTRRTRTRTRTRTRRRTRTRTRTRTRTRT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then while the scream paralyzes you, another robot appears from nowhere with a hacksaw. It will collect your brain, whether you like it or not.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
To all robot designers:

Whenever you come up with a new idea for a robot, ask yourself "What would this machine's role be in a Doctor Who episode based on it?". If the answer is: 'Creepy murderous alien robot', then you've failed in making a comforting and lifelike representation of a person.

Well done.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
Instead of making it look like a realistic human and giving us an uncanny valley meltdown while we are sick in hospital, can they make it look pretty without the human features, like a huskey pup, or possibly Jessica Rabbit?

Personally I find the SR-71 black bird spy plane to be pretty, couldn't I have one of those look after me next time I'm in hospital?

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
I have to admit, at first I didn't think it was a robot.
But then it moved...

I really wish it hadn't, because it freaked me right the hell out. Somone please just stop it now!

Joe Deadman

Jan 9, 2010
It actually looks ok... until it moves anyway 0_o

Also was I the only one who thought Japan as soon as I saw the first 3 words of this articles title?

Hookman

Jul 2, 2008
As someone who spends most of his time in hospital, Damn robot, you scary! I'd probably wake up in the middle of the night, think its about to attack me and batter it to death with an IV stand!