Critical Miss: #1

tetron

Dec 9, 2009
lol that was pretty good, I didn't keep up on the whole webcomic thing so I didn't see this new addition coming. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Ho ho, Mr. Decoy, congradu-ma-tations. I will definitely continue to look into this, looks nifty so far.

EDIT: And yes, I am WAY behind the times. Hell if I know when this actually happened, but whatevs.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Decoy Doctorpus said:
SIDE NOTE
Just so you know guys we're not going to be running the rest of the entry strips. We just needed this one to set up the character and give people a clue as to what's going on.

On Friday there'll be a completely new strip never ever seen before. Unless you're me. Or Cory. Or Both.
That's good, I was fearing you'd do exactly that. Although I think the entry strips should be added to the archive somehow. They were pretty good, especially the 'power of brofist' one.

Nevyrmoore

Aug 13, 2009
I'm glad this is here, but I don't like the name change.

But that's only because it reminds me of a British roleplaying webzine I've been waiting for ages to update.

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
I'd like to critique the artwork a little bit, if that's ok?

It's pretty good, for the most part. I like the design for the main character. The colors are quite nice. It's just in a couple parts that it falters - like the panel on the subway. It doesn't "read" very well, with the, I guess, goth kid standing in front of lady (as far as I can tell?) And then Erin's hamster(?) friend just seems to suddenly appear in the last panel. But then again, I really like the first panel - the pattern of shadow and light is great.

So anyway, despite my nitpicks, it's generally good. And it is the first installment, after all - I'm sure it'll tighten up in future ones.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
EBHughsThe1st said:
This won!?
I'd hate to see the losers.
I'm pretty amazed at the number of people who seem to find it funny. I'm hoping that it is just because they had to get the introduction out of the way and that the subsequent stuff will be funnier. I'm also mighty suspicious of the title "Critical Miss", which sounds like a cynical attempt to exploit the "novelty" of a female actually being an expert on the subject videogames.
"Oh wow...a girl?...who is...a game critic?" What next? "Single Female Lawyer"?

Dogmeat T Dingo

Sep 4, 2008
You know, videogame comics may have been done to death but a videogame journalism comic strikes me as unique and full of potential. Definitely going to keep an eye on this one, nice concept!

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
Heh, I have a new phrase to randomly shout when in a crowded area..."OH FUCK YEAH! DONUTS!"

That line right there gives this comic tons of potential, I await eagerly for the next one :)