Critical Miss: #13

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
Ashley is not a girl's name! Stop belittling me! ARGHHHH!
I've met more guys in England called Ashley than girls, only the US seems to see it as a girl's only name.

/rant
Agreed. Plus Ashley becomes Ash, and that will always be an awesome word.

Also, this comic is slowly delving further into madness...I like it. I do.

Dec 14, 2009
Abedeus said:
Daystar Clarion said:
I've met more guys in England called Ashley than girls, only the US seems to see it as a girl's only name.

/rant
According to wiki, only UK sees it as an unisex name. The only bisexu... genderless... unisex (gah, the only name that is not offensive to anyone) name I tolerate is Sam. Samantha, Samuel, both make sense.

But other than UK, Ashley IS a girly name.
Ashley is an Anglo Saxon name, meaning that it originates from this country, meaning that if we intended it to be gender neutral then that is what it is.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Saw a Triforce tattoo, lol.

And the bear was hilarious! Love the series, and the narrative been set!

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
"Hi everyone... (Billy Maes, here)!"
[sub]it was the first thing that came to mind, tone and everything! I'm sorry. :3 [/sub]

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
Abedeus said:
Daystar Clarion said:

/rant
According to wiki, only UK sees it as an unisex name. The only bisexu... genderless... unisex (gah, the only name that is not offensive to anyone) name I tolerate is Sam. Samantha, Samuel, both make sense.

Ashley is an Anglo Saxon name, meaning that it originates from this country, meaning that if we intended it to be gender neutral then that is what it is.
No, it means you wanted it so, but you can't always get what you want.

A Raging Emo

Apr 14, 2009
AvsJoe said:
I know I'm going to love Charles in future comics. Also Clive isn't working hard enough. Punish him.

I know that Ashley can be for both a boy and girl and was originally a man's name, but wasn't it spelled Ashleigh? And Ashley was the girls version?

Is that poster for sale? Because I want one!
I thought Ashleigh was for women, and vice versa.

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
Abedeus said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Abedeus said:
Daystar Clarion said:

/rant

No, it means you wanted it so, but you can't always get what you want.
Just because Wiki says something doesnt mean its true.. Everyone can go change it afterall.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
... "grounds for divorce"...?

Sounds like one of the bylines Lore Sjoberg would've used before his three-word joke ones became typical.

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
From what I understand, that was the only year Yahtzee DIDN'T win that particular Webby.

maxusy3k

May 17, 2008
I'm now also trying to figure out if the artist credit line at the bottom was a song lyric last time.

This comic is shaping up ok!

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:

/rant
I have lived in England all my life and I have never met a male named Ashley, is your name Ashley? I know a guy called "Ash" but never "Ashley". Because that would be effeminate, girly, sissy and blouse wearing. I really hope your name isn't Ashley now....

Cory Rydell

Feb 4, 2010
Wow! thanks for all the positive replies guys. The narrative and character thing is going well it seems. More to come plus video games stuff

Lono Shrugged said:
Ha! Spider Jerusalam is in this.
hah almost but I wish, when designing the character I had second thoughts about the look but Grey dropped that name to get me on board with the bald/glasses look.

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
foxyexplosion said:
Wow! thanks for all the positive replies guys. The narrative and character thing is going well it seems. More to come plus video games stuff

Lono Shrugged said:
Ha! Spider Jerusalam is in this.
hah almost but I wish, when designing the character I had second thoughts about the look but Grey dropped that name to get me on board with the bald/glasses look.
Aw :( He'll always be Spider to me.....