Critical Miss: #13

Dec 14, 2009
Mr Companion said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Ashley is not a girl's name! Stop belittling me! ARGHHHH!
I've met more guys in England called Ashley than girls, only the US seems to see it as a girl's only name.

/rant
I have lived in England all my life and I have never met a male named Ashley, is your name Ashley? I know a guy called "Ash" but never "Ashley". Because that would be effeminate, girly, sissy and blouse wearing. I really hope your name isn't Ashley now....
>.>
<.<
-_-

Yes. My name is Ashley...

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
I've met more guys in England called Ashley than girls, only the US seems to see it as a girl's only name.

/rant
Ashley is actually an Englishman. Hence the ... gender confusion of his name. I hope that makes you feel better... Ashley...

LunarTick said:
Ah! A reference to the album "The Seldom Seen Kid" by Elbow. I... I actually like the song "the fix" better?
Ashley might get to be a personal favorite to in the future.
The fix has a wonderful french, dive bar/sleazy english bookie vibe and it's an excellent song but I like 'grounds for divorce's angry, anthem like riff. Duhn dun dun dun DUUUHNN.
My favourite song of theirs though is probably 'Weather to fly' which always makes me nostalgic for NE England where I grew up.
"Pounding the streets where my father's feet still ring from the doorways" beautiful line.

Lono Shrugged said:
Ha! Spider Jerusalam is in this.
Spider Jerusalem is fucking awesome but the look of Clutch is actually inspired by Billy Zane in the (hilariously bizzare) horror film 'The Mad'.

SonOfIkaros

Oct 6, 2009
Is that bear a Harvey Birdman reference? 'Cause that would be so awesome.

Anyway, great comic so far, I've loved almost every episode.

Tirnor

Sep 3, 2009
Points for Scary Penny (who needs to be a unrequited love interest for someone), Tri-force tattoo, and "...shrill, titless harpy." especially in the context of winning an award for incomprehensible rage.

- Tir

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
Hey, I'm partially in the comic....>.> (The first half of my RL name literally means Bear)

Kalezian said:
It is my belief that every office, everywhere, should have atleast one bear on payroll.

Bears are natures accountants you know.
But I'm not good with numbers....

LunarTick

Mar 1, 2010
Grey Carter said:
[
The fix has a wonderful french, dive bar/sleazy english bookie vibe and it's an excellent song but I like 'grounds for divorce's angry, anthem like riff. Duhn dun dun dun DUUUHNN.
My favourite song of theirs though is probably 'Weather to fly' which always makes me nostalgic for NE England where I grew up.
"Pounding the streets where my father's feet still ring from the doorways" beautiful line.
I agree with all this. Except it is impossible for me to get nostalgic for NE England. Perhaps I could get semi-nostalgic or meta-nostalgic for England.
Well, it's an excellent album, anyway.

zombiejoe

Sep 2, 2009
Tirnor said:
Points for Scary Penny (who needs to be a unrequited love interest for someone), Tri-force tattoo, and "...shrill, titless harpy." especially in the context of winning an award for incomprehensible rage.

- Tir
lols

Karlaxx

Oct 26, 2009
Has anyone else noticed that the standard quip made by an introduced character of shocking appearance is always the same?

"'Sup."

daemon37

Oct 14, 2009
Great comic. Bears are easily one of the most awkward, intimidating, yet lovable creatures to place in a urban setting.

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:

/rant
I don't see why; Bruce Campbell played a Guy named Ash, which I have heard was short for "Ashley".

Nothing Feminine about Bruce Campbell.

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
Little Miss Critical was the best joke you had so far besides the brosposion thing, and you totally missed a chance to work it! Agh! It was South Park meets Yahtzee, how can you make a joke like that and then devote the rest of your panels to unfunny banter and a talking bear?

I personally didn't find anything else with this issue funny. Ooh, the bear can talk. What a surprise to find anthromorphic characters in a strip we've already identified as being unrealistic.

Dok Zombie

Apr 24, 2008
Dang, I was starting to enjoy this then...

Look a bear! how random LOL!

Ugh, it wasn't funny when The Cleveland Show did it and it and it aint funny now either.

Although I did enjoy "shrill titless harpy", I shall have to remember that one...

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Yes! Surge T-shirt! I love that drink!

This comic has now earned an additional point with me.

Sep 1, 2008
Litte side note:
The "Surge" t-shirt comes from the soda Surge, but originally it was named Urge in scandinavia where it first were tested. They changed it because it was to easily connected to sex. Norway is currently the only country still selling Urge.