Critical Miss: #4

BobisOnlyBob

is Only Bob
Nov 29, 2007
I didn't spot the hamster the first time (too busy being startled by the violence). Liked the bad pun though, it's worryingly true.

That hamster had better keep that grapple/parachute, even long after Just Cause 2 is a memory, just because the idea of Rico-hamster is too good to stop.

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
SteelStallion said:
Punchline was a bit lame, and it wasn't that funny.
There was one of those?

AstorSapolsky said:
I appreciated the fridge reference... wasn't roffle worthy or anything but it got a smirk.

Hurr Durr Derp said:
The girl's B^U face in the last panel is an accurate summary of my feelings towards the strip.
I have to agree. With someone named Hurr Durr Derp. That's no good for my self esteem.
There is no shame in agreeing with HDD. He's one bad mutha.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
DTWolfwood said:
best to not have continuations from previous strip <.<

Love the ones that won the contest. but not so much these new ones t.t
Well, the #3 was good. #4 was pretty unfunny, as opposed to the second contest strip. I WANT IT BAAAACK!!

Also, background action reminds me of old Scrooge McDuck comics, where there would be so much going on on every panel, you usually had to read the dialogs, then look for animals or other characters in funny situations, poses, or doing other hilarious stuff that isn't relevant to plot. Hamster on parachute - awesome.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Abedeus said:
DTWolfwood said:
best to not have continuations from previous strip <.<

Love the ones that won the contest. but not so much these new ones t.t
Well, the #3 was good. #4 was pretty unfunny, as opposed to the second contest strip. I WANT IT BAAAACK!!

Also, background action reminds me of old Scrooge McDuck comics, where there would be so much going on on every panel, you usually had to read the dialogs, then look for animals or other characters in funny situations, poses, or doing other hilarious stuff that isn't relevant to plot. Hamster on parachute - awesome.
Heh. You made me notice it. Thanks.

Roboto

Nov 18, 2009
Hurr Durr Derp said:
The girl's B^U face in the last panel is an accurate summary of my feelings towards the strip.
Are you on the same boat of people that have to have a solid visible punchline to enjoy a comic?

99% of gamers on a couch comics have that, I'm sure I could pick one out for you -.-

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
You had me laughing in panel one when she Indana Jonse'd out of a lead 50's fridge :p

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
Roboto said:
Hurr Durr Derp said:
Are you on the same boat of people that have to have a solid visible punchline to enjoy a comic?

99% of gamers on a couch comics have that, I'm sure I could pick one out for you -.-
It's not about visual gags, it's about unfunny jokes and bad writing. If this is the kind of thing you enjoy, good for you. But please don't go assuming that just because someone thinks any particular strip sucks it's because it's not similar enough to other gaming comics. If anything, it's too much like other gaming comics. Perhaps the setting is at least vaguely original, but that's pretty much it. This particular strip reaches Tim Buckley levels of badness, hence my B^U remark (also because that's what her face looks like in the last panel).