Critical Miss: #4

Nincompoop

May 24, 2009
Brotherofwill said:
Wow, didn't expect a bit of ultra-violence from this comic. This think the punchlines aren't strong enough. Visual humour is getting there (Nice Just Cause 2 hamster).
How perceptive of you. Made the comic better. I thank you.

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
Littaly said:
Man, you missed an opportunity for a CSI Miami gag.
It looks like Clive...

*Puts on shades*

Put some thought into that game.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

searanox

Sep 22, 2008
Great... I start up a blog at the beginning of this month with the name Critical Miss, post a link on The Escapist forum, and surprise, a couple of weeks later I notice that there's a new webcomic posted with the same name. Not claiming infringement at all, since it's not exactly the most original name ever, but... talk about taking the wind out of my sails.

hamster mk 4

Apr 29, 2008
I love this commic and the author's sense of humor. This is a great addition to the Escapist.

Nimbus said:
Vice Versa? I don't get it.
He put more thought into this title than the developers ever did.

Vice Versa

The developers put more title into his thoughts than he ever did.
(because there is a logo wedged into his brain)

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Wait, the female is in the fridge but is alive, while the male is outside the fridge but has been gruesomely killed? What kind of messed-up comic is this? :)

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
That was so wrong....yet...i cant.....stop....laughing...

PFFFAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Nice one, keep it up!

Mar 16, 2009
Roboto said:
Hurr Durr Derp said:
The girl's B^U face in the last panel is an accurate summary of my feelings towards the strip.
Are you on the same boat of people that have to have a solid visible punchline to enjoy a comic?

99% of gamers on a couch comics have that, I'm sure I could pick one out for you -.-
Keep in mind that the second strip is gamers on a couch.

Orange Monkey

Mar 16, 2009
Wow, are you sure Erin isn't Maltese? Cos that's EXACTLY the type of politically incorrect crap we come out with all the time.

and it's still awesome ;)

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
zombie711 said:
what is the name of the main character?
I can't remember either. I'm used to the old days, when comics had the main character's name in the title (like Desperate Dan). But then comics in those days were funny too. Maybe I'll stop coming back each week to complain about this comic, but then all we'd end up with is a thread full of blazing compliments.

If something wasn't worth their time, I think people are less inclined to comment at all, as opposed to those who think something is really great/absolutely terrible. I wish they did comment. It is far more helpful.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Sir Kemper said:
Littaly said:
Man, you missed an opportunity for a CSI Miami gag.
It looks like Clive...

*Puts on shades*

Put some thought into that game.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
Way to phrase the joke, better than the comic ever did.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
maninahat said:
zombie711 said:
what is the name of the main character?
I can't remember either. I'm used to the old days, when comics had the main character's name in the title (like Desperate Dan). But then comics in those days were funny too. Maybe I'll stop coming back each week to complain about this comic, but then all we'd end up with is a thread full of blazing compliments.
Please don't. We couldn't get by without the extra page views you provide.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
That was a tragic loss of a great fishing simulator. Rapala Pro Fishing Move Edition, you will be missed.

Oh, uh, it sucks for redshirt guy as well. Who wants a donut?

Roboto

Nov 18, 2009
I read his and enjoy it.

Referring to other people's work as vomit, though, I do not enjoy. Constructive critisism goes a long way further than comparing it to stomach acid with bits of chewed muffin in it.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
The Random One said:
That was a tragic loss of a great fishing simulator. Rapala Pro Fishing Move Edition, you will be missed.

Oh, uh, it sucks for redshirt guy as well. Who wants a donut?
I do! But not one of the shiny ones. Too crunchy.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
DTWolfwood said:
best to not have continuations from previous strip <.<
Plenty of comics have an on-going story to them, it isn't necessarily a bad thing. Sometimes the story is very obvious, and other times it's a more subtle story. On top of that, EVERY comic (save for single-panel comics) has times when it continues from the last comic for a brief while before going back to just random events. One comic I read seems to have one on-going story per week, then it starts over with something else on Monday and keeps to that theme for the week, with the Sunday comic just being some random event.

But I digress. It's too early in the cycle to say if this comic will have a continuous story or not, but I doubt it will. I mean, the first two comics were fairly separate from 3 and 4.

Mr. Grey

I changed my face, ya like it?
Aug 31, 2009
Must have been the Snakehead Edition.

I meh'ed on this one. I appreciate the effort... but I think you may have used too many words. Could have ended it on the third panel... or you could have just let the guy embrace Clive crying until he remembers that they took a life insurance policy on him.

I just can't laugh at this one, not sure if I'd laugh at my examples either. They're pretty poor.

Question: Is Clive the equivalent of a Red Shirt?