Critical Miss: Catherine

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Irridium said:
Zhukov said:
this isnt my name said:
Offtopic: What is that bird in you avatar ? Its expression is... Odd.
I believe it's a tawny frogmouth.

Could be wrong though.
I always thought it was a Hawk. Or perhaps some form of owl.
Nah, I know a frogmouth when I see one.

I lived out in the sticks as a kid. At night we used to get them sitting on the windowsills. They'd eat the various bugs attracted by the light from the windows.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Cavouku said:
I kid though, without that, there wouldn't be a game. I just get upset sometimes, when I see people making obvious mistakes in terms of relationships, because I see the results of such simple... simple mistakes all the time. Still, video games. And while I like the more cartoony approach to the speech bubbles (I think it adds a personal touch), I too am missing the "Cory Rydell and Grey Carter ________" bit.
While it is explained later in the game (I won't spoil it), I actually like how he always ends up fucking up. He's a spineless loser for most of the game, but as it progresses, and the decisions you make affect his character (you make little decisions that affect how he reacts, not the actual choices with what he does, distinct difference), his character grows to deal with the situation at hand. How he handles it depends on what he's done, but overall I think it's dealt with better than most games with a morality system.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Sorry Vincent, the answer is not Superman, unfortunately, just stone cold crazy, or "bugfuck crazy".

Great comic, I like the new art style btw.

Wandrecanada

Oct 3, 2008
Grey Carter said:
Critical Miss: Catherine

Warning signs.

Read Full Article
Did I detect a Loony Toons reference in there? I felt like the next panel would have someone falling off a wall of blocks holding up a sign that says "Help!".

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
It is unfair, the things girls can get away with... I wanna wear my boxers outside...

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
It does look alot cleaner. The details are alot more pronounced. Im really liking it.

rancher of monsters

Oct 31, 2010
But it's a Japanese game right? Pretty much all Japanese charactershave to have some kind of odd hairstlye, I honestly think it might be one of their censorship laws.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
PunkRex said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
It does look alot cleaner. The details are alot more pronounced. Im really liking it.
Yeah, at first I wasn't too sure about it since I get nervous when a comic changes it's art style, but the last two really sold me on it.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
PunkRex said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Yeah, at first I wasn't too sure about it since I get nervous when a comic changes it's art style, but the last two really sold me on it.
Funny how scribbles turn into aesthetics.

Koios

Jul 28, 2010
Am I the only one who noticed that the comic says "axe-murders" instead of murderers?

Still, great comic.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
So is this just part of her "I see video game characters everywhere" craziness still or is she just here because someone had to be doing it?

LordBojangles said:
I would've said Quailman...
That's not just underwear though, you also need a belt on your head.

Cory Rydell

Feb 4, 2010
Experimental said:
EDIT: Can't help but to notice the Tri-Force tatoo missing...
Damn, it has been a while since I've made that mistake. Fear not, the tattoo is still there, I'm just spacey.

iron skirt

Oct 24, 2009
vxicepickxv said:
LordBojangles said:
I would've said Quailman...
Also true, but slightly more obscure.
I thinck we're all nerds enough to get the obscure referince... but perhaps Vincent isen't... I haven't played the game so I have no ideea...