Critical Miss: Children of Steam #1

Kelethor

Jun 24, 2008
Hey guys, cmon now. Its not cool to make fun of Gabe just cause he's abit on the chubby side.

Its cool to make fun of him because he has the attention span of a wet sponge.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
matrix3509 said:
The detail you are all missing is I'm pretty sure authentification is not a word, and if it is, it is completely the wrong word to use in that situation.

/Grammer Nazi
Are you going to tell Gabe what is and what isn't a word? He can make his own words if he wants!

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
HankMan said:
NEWEL IS STILL A FAT BASTARD!
Damn, you! You just delayed ep3 another day!! But, yeah, he kind of is.

Sounds like the beginning of a great story, can't wait to see how it ends up!

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
I remember reading somewhere that they have plans in case steam were ever to do down permanently. Of all the crap I don't actually want on my computer, I like it the most.

Ashcrexl

May 27, 2009
this comic was so terrifying i reflexively clicked on my taskbar steam icon after the 3rd to last panel. whew, still there.

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
seriously?? with the hundreds of patches to make your games work withouth Steam, i´m surprised someone actually thinks Steam is big enough to cause something simmilar to the end of the world.

but i loved the parody, it stays thruthfull but relevant :3

OniaPL

Nov 9, 2010
Great comic, didn't actually expect anything like this. Looking forward to witnessing the end of the world.

Sadly, after a long fight I had to sell my soul to Steam when Civilization V required it(and it even wasn't that great >.< ).

alrekr

Mar 11, 2010
Omega Pirate said:
If they shut down steam..... I won't be effected at all. =) Truthfully I would love to get a steam account, but there are some hurdles. My PC is old and won't run most new games, and my laptop is Mac. Steam does not yet have many Mac games on it, when it does ill get it.

So is the fat guy the director of Valve?
STEAM HAS MAC GAMES! e.g. Portal, Team Fortress 2. Their all you need.

dfcrackhead

Apr 14, 2009
Omega Pirate said:
If they shut down steam..... I won't be effected at all. =) Truthfully I would love to get a steam account, but there are some hurdles. My PC is old and won't run most new games, and my laptop is Mac. Steam does not yet have many Mac games on it, when it does ill get it.

So is the fat guy the director of Valve?
It has quite a few Mac titles actually and yeah the "fay guy" is Gabe Newell, one of VALVe's founders. I say you get a steam account now just for the future, besides there are 3 or 4 entirely free games on steam

Lawyer105

Apr 15, 2009
Woodsey said:
Irridium said:
And this is why I always make sure to have some cracks for my games handy. Because if worst comes to worst, I'll still be able to play the games I bought.
They have a patch ready if Steam ever shut down.
Do you believe that? Really?

IF Steam shuts down AND they set up servers to freely distribute the patches, THEN I'll believe it. Until then, Steam will remain relatively high on my "dodgy business practices" list... although not nearly so high as Ubisoft.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Lawyer105 said:
Woodsey said:
Irridium said:
And this is why I always make sure to have some cracks for my games handy. Because if worst comes to worst, I'll still be able to play the games I bought.
They have a patch ready if Steam ever shut down.
Do you believe that? Really?

IF Steam shuts down AND they set up servers to freely distribute the patches, THEN I'll believe it. Until then, Steam will remain relatively high on my "dodgy business practices" list... although not nearly so high as Ubisoft.
Err... And what are sites like Fileplanet for, exactly? They don't need to host their own servers to distribute it.

And yes, I believe it. Steam's been cracked a million times already so it's not like they'd have had to spend a long time on it, especially since they've got proper access to everything.

What's not to believe?

I love how suspicious people are of the studio most focused on it's community.

Unhappy Crow

Mar 14, 2010
I admit I would feel upset too if Steam were to shut down. I've been a user for almost three weeks and so far, I'm enjoying it. I can finally play the games I've missed out or can't play.

*secrectly waiting for Episode 3 of Half Life 2*

Leftnt Sharpe

Nick Furry
Apr 2, 2009
How dare you make fun of Beloved leader Newell of the glorious PC Gaming Reich!

In this scenario, half of those 'lol fat Newell' jokes are part of a secret Stardock shadow campaign to force Newell's hand and make him enact the Freeman Protocols. Thus Stardock will be able to carry out a coup d'etat on the Fuhrer and Impulse will replace Steam as the primary digital distribution network of the PC Gaming Master-Race.

Ironically, all of Valves employees would be imprisoned in workcamps as political prisoners, forced to make endless Half-Life games on little to no food and Newell would actually lose tons of weight.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Mcoffey said:
Ughhh, the very idea is scary for this poor soul with over 60 steam games. Admittedly most of them were sales, but that's still a big chunk of change now down the drain.
I have 187 on steam :)

Ithera

Apr 4, 2010
GAH! no no no no no.... I have invested to much filthy dosh in this venture! And I intend to invest more, don't leave me!