Critical Miss: Children of Steam #7

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
How the hell could you kill Chad (Lance?) like that and have noone be upset now? I mean Lance (Chad?) kind of stares into the horizon a bit, but c'mon.

Why Chad? Why!??!

Galad

Nov 4, 2009
where's the "thrilling confusion" line from? Sounds vaguely familiar..

Wandrecanada

Oct 3, 2008
Scrythe said:
Wait... Purple and gold? Gabe Newell is Ozymandias [http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r117/robster001/Ozymandias.png]?
Purple and gold are the colors of the Emperor in Dune as well. At least... it's house Corrino colors.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Scrythe said:
Wait... Purple and gold? Gabe Newell is Ozymandias [http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r117/robster001/Ozymandias.png]?
OH $HIT!!! He's gonna wipe out the gaming consoles of the world and then people will have no choice but to unite and turn to Steam....

Wow I'm such a dork for coinciding the Plot of Watchmen with this XD

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
I just started playing Bioshock today for the first time in a while, then this comic shows up...

Creepy...
Hehehe I geeked out the moment he said the following line "Is not a man entitled to a game?"

I almost hyperventilated that I actually got that reference.

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
I find it funny how Gabe asks "Is a man not entitled to his own games?" and then promotes a service and distribution method that essentially takes away ownership of games from the consumer. :p

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
Tom Phoenix said:
I find it funny how Gabe asks "Is a man not entitled to his own games?" and then promotes a service and distribution method that essentially takes away ownership of games from the consumer. :p
It's taken from the perspective of the artist, not the consumer.

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
JEBWrench said:
Tom Phoenix said:
It's taken from the perspective of the artist, not the consumer.
Yeah, I understand. Sort of like how Ryan promoted the right of man to the benefits of his own work, but it only ended up applying to the scientific and business elite in Rapture.

monkey_man

Jul 5, 2009
Xpwn3ntial said:
Bioshock reference. Yes.
This went through my mind when I saw it.

Brilliant. The comic made me laugh. (although Gabe would never shut off steam. he would just eat all the users who make fun of his weight.) (oh dear He is coming.)

LogicNProportion

Mar 16, 2009
The Cheezy One said:
For once, I am not crying "Glory to the God-Emperor!"
HERETIC!

Also, have been loving this entire series...but it's starting to drag on. Conclude with some epic big comic, no?

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
No says the man who developed them I have copyright and I deserve to be paid for my hard work!

Alternately, All the pirates and hackers we look up and shout "make a game for us" and Gabe will look down and whisper "no".

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
I loved the BioShock reference, great story arc, looking forward to see how this will end bro.