Critical Miss: Dark Souls

SoopaSte123

Jul 1, 2010
That it does, that it does. But then you get the lightning spear and life is good.

And I vote for patching the fog ring to only provide invisibility, not prevent lock on. Controls in this game really suck without lock on.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
otakon17 said:
I concur. Had my first real RAGE moment last knight. It involves a very small catwalk, and two archers that fire spears at you. I'll let that sink in...
Oh man, fuck those guys!

I died so many times trying to run past the guy on the right, it was insane.

"Hey Bob, maybe we should fire arrows at that trespasser."

"Hmm, you're right Dave, but this guy looks tough..."

"You mean?..."

"Yes Dave, break out the fucking spear bows."
Designer 1: "The player has to walk up this narrow area, how do we make that hard?"
Designer 2: "We have Black Knights firing arrows at the player."
Designer 3: "Too easy. Make them super arrows that knock the player backward when blocked!"
Designers: "Brilliant!"

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
Out of it's original context, "cursed by a frog" sounds really weird. Especially since you said it's something that's not so bad. It peaks my interest anyway.

cynicalsaint1

Salvation a la Mode
Apr 1, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
otakon17 said:
I concur. Had my first real RAGE moment last knight. It involves a very small catwalk, and two archers that fire spears at you. I'll let that sink in...
Oh man, fuck those guys!

"You mean?..."

Just wait till you meet the Wheel Skeletons ...

*Sees one coming at you*
"Hah! Not this time!"
*Dodges moves in for the kill*
*Just as you close in a second one comes from out of nowhere and gets you from behind*
"FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-"

Kasawd

Jun 1, 2009
[/quote]

*Sees one coming at you*
"Hah! Not this time!"
*Just as you close in a second one comes from out of nowhere and gets you from behind*
"FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-"[/quote]

Dear pinwheel skeletons,

Love you, too!

Dec 14, 2009
cynicalsaint1 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
otakon17 said:
Oh man, fuck those guys!

"You mean?..."

*Sees one coming at you*
"Hah! Not this time!"
"FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-"
Yeah, those guys are a pain in the arse, if you're shield doesn't have great stability they will just chew apart your stamina.

Elyxard

Dec 12, 2010
Oh man does it get worse. I'm heading towards the tail end of the game and it is pulverizing me much more than the first half of the game. The tomb of the giants is probably one of the most evil places out there, makes the Valley of Defilement seem like a cakewalk.

Though like all Dark/Demon's Souls locations, you eventually get used to it. Loving the heck out of it.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
otakon17 said:
Agreed, that part was absolutely brutal, I dread to think what it's like for someone not using a spear.

dancinginfernal

Sep 5, 2009
I saw that Miracle of Sound reference. It made me very happy.

As for the comic, I completely agree. What a fuck-you game. I tried it at my friend's house the other day and yelled at the first "boss" because I thought I was supposed to die like in Demon's Souls. I thought the game was glitching out until I found the door.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
RJ Dalton said:
Out of it's original context, "cursed by a frog" sounds really weird. Especially since you said it's something that's not so bad. It peaks my interest anyway.
Funny thing is, that is the most devious thing listed. Curse insta kills you and halves your health when you respawn until you cure it. That cure runs you 4k.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
Yeah, those guys are a pain in the arse, if you're shield doesn't have great stability they will just chew apart your stamina.
If you're using your shield at all for those guys, you're doing it wrong.

Dec 14, 2009
Jadak said:
Daystar Clarion said:
If you're using your shield at all for those guys, you're doing it wrong.
I know that now.

I have the Great Shield of Artorias now though, they can try and get through my defence all day.