Critical Miss: Derezzed

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
D Moness said:
HankMan said:
Grey Carter said:
Raydell and Carter got a flat screen monitor forty inches wide, they believe that your says "Etch-A-Sketch" on the side.
My what?
Lol reference to a song

Weird al - All about the pentiums

Though Magnatek ninja'd me on that one
Want to be hackers, code crackers slackers? All about chilling out Hewlard packard, run cyber space and crunch numbers like I do.

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
teh_Canape said:
lesson learned

you don't fuck with cybernetical avatars that live inside your computer and have access to everything you have

for the record

I loved that movie: 12/10

<..>
lol what he said. Don't fuck with Clu xDDD

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
well moviebob recommeneded it so I'll give it a shot sometime

i mean not that i don't already know how awesome it is already :/ loll

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Fronzel said:
A strip with two creators does a monologue by "we" and then depicts two people in the last panel who are acting in accord with the monologue.

So is it Cory or Grey who has the big tits?
Probably me. :(

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Dectilon said:
It was a good movie... if you like pretty lights, and ONLY pretty lights. And Daft Punk I guess.
You trying to say something bad about Daft Punk?! HUH?!

*Rolls up my sleeves* I shall not have you slander such a great band, we shall engage in fisticuffs. Have at thee good sir!

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Palademon said:
OVER 9000!!!!!!/10

I hope they leave me alone ;_;
That depends.....Do you really mean that? Or shall we put our threats in effect?
*Hands you a napkin with a crudely drawn map on it*

You're computer is being held hostage here. If you can decipher the map and make it to said location within 5 hours we will spare you.

If not.....MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

Just remember, No Google Maps, No Cops, No FBI. FINAL DESTINATION

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Grey Carter said:
Rationalization said:
Wait, so is it or is it not great?
It's a dumb movie with beautiful visuals and a great soundtrack based around a completely ridiculous concept that makes absolutely no sense under even the most basic scrutiny.

Much like the first film.

Also. Normally not a "go see it for the actors" kind of guy but holy shit Olivia Wilde. Also, Jeff Bridges as a bizzaro world Obi Wan Kenobi.
What was that?! Sounded like you said a "Dumb Movie"...

Consider you PC a target as of now. MWAHAHAHAHA

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
I was actually disappointed by Tron: Legacy, I saw it more as a cash-in then anything else. It really annoyed me that, beyond updating the graphics, they didn't really try to upgrade the universe at all, besides the whole 'creating life' nonsense. I really liked all the old references to computer concepts in the old Tron, but the new one completely ignores that. You could've completely modernized the concept and related it to the new technology we've developed in the past two decades since the original, but instead we just got a rehash of the first one for nostagia purposes. I guess I was just expecting something a bit deeper, not a hollow action movie with Uncanny Valley Jeff Bridges.

So bring it on, you scumbag avatars, your movie sucks.

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
I loved the original movie. In fact, I have the 20th Anniversary Edition DVD. But it seemed to me that the movie plot was a rehash of the game released in the 2000s. Only with Jeff Bridges' son having to go into the computer rather than Alan's son (as in the game), and so I was more resistant to seeing it. I may see it for the spectacle, but I am not considering it to have the greatest plot.

As the MCP would say... END OF LINE.

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
I thought that the new Tron movie was actully quite good.

Though just to be on the safe side...20/10. It was that good.

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
Nice.

Tron is a failure, just like the 80's even though brought in millions, video games that brought in more millions and spawned Dreamworks and Pixar with the talent that worked that movie.

Hell Disney had more failure like Tron, they'd never go broke.

The movie was good for what it was. Now the console games... no threats could ever make me give that thing praise...

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Damn, guess I better go see it then. D:

Hehehe, I love the looks of worry on Erin and her bossess faces as they give the movie two thumbs up.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
The movie failed because it was segregated from the computer world. There has been 30 years of growth in both the industry, infrastructure, and general acceptance and understanding of computers.

The tanks were actual game tanks, the "people" were all programs running on the Encom mainframe and related systems.

They took the visuals from the first movie but none of the exploration and sense of wonder that made it meaningful.

Also no MCP gives me a sad.

flightofeternity

Dinosaur hunter
Apr 19, 2010
Its definitely a terrific soundtrack and some great visuals, but I doubt these get recognized by the Academy. You know how they hate giving awards to those eeeeevil genre films. I'm sure it will be nominated but I'd say the prize goes to Inception.

Oh right, OT; Hilarious comic as always, thank the users I enjoyed the film.

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
More accurate comic: replace "io7" with "Gawker", replace "Kotaku" with "Gawker" and replace "Tron: Legacy" with "Anonymous". Pretty much the same punchline.

Dana22

Sep 10, 2008
6 out of 10 for me. Mediocre acting, mediocre story, cool visual effects and CGI.