Critical Miss: Deus Ex - Sucrose Revolution

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
Yeah, I read all those lines in the character voices... I've seen too much Deus Ex: HR recently. xD

Phishfood

Jul 21, 2009
Stay out of the womens bathrooms, but hey help yourself to EVERYTHING that isn't nailed down?

unwesen

May 16, 2009
Phishfood said:
Stay out of the womens bathrooms, but hey help yourself to EVERYTHING that isn't nailed down?
Isn't that the way the real world works?

Nov 12, 2010
Stop beating down on Jensen already, sure he's a blatant Dirty Harry rip-off, yet he's still more complex than 99% of all gaming protagonists, thus he deserves better. The first time wasn't funny, neither is it this time. Pointing out something obvious does not make you funny.

Versuvius

Apr 30, 2008
CrawlingPastaHellion said:
Stop beating down on Jensen already, sure he's a blatant Dirty Harry rip-off, yet he's still more complex than 99% of all gaming protagonists, thus he deserves better. The first time wasn't funny, neither is it this time. Pointing something out does not make you funny.
Is this the mating call of the fanboy i hear? I think it is!

Nov 12, 2010
Versuvius said:
Stop beating down on Jensen already, sure he's a blatant Dirty Harry rip-off, yet he's still more complex than 99% of all gaming protagonists, thus he deserves better. The first time wasn't funny, neither is it this time. Pointing something out does not make you funny.
Is this the mating call of the fanboy i hear? I think it is!
No, I just don't like Critical Miss and the unfunny "humor" she (they?) produce(s?). Jensen was hands down the best thing about DXHR. Even though I enjoyed it a lot, there were numerous flaws that got in my eye, such as terrible and absolutely convoluted endings. So I am hardly a fanboy, since I do not fit into a definition of fanboism.

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
hah, does he actually get called out for going into the women's restroom at some point in HR? I was waiting for it to happen thanks to the original, but no one ever reprimanded me :(

lol, someone's having a bad day

ltmarcos

Jan 25, 2010
I also love DX:HR but also know I can find the humor in some of the absurdities of it as well without getting upset. That's what makes Rifftrax so great some of my favorite movies they have done are of movies I really like like the Dark Knight, Lord of the Rings or the Original Star Wars movies. All movies really enjoy but realize some parts are a little absurd or silly.

MurderousToaster

Aug 9, 2008
Stop beating down on Jensen already, sure he's a blatant Dirty Harry rip-off, yet he's still more complex than 99% of all gaming protagonists, thus he deserves better. The first time wasn't funny, neither is it this time. Pointing out something obvious does not make you funny.
A joke about the ability to go into the opposite gender's toilets, steal things and throw vending machines and apparently they're hating on a character?

Gee, sure is fanboy around here.

Nov 12, 2010
ltmarcos said:
I also love DX:HR but also know I can find the humor in some of the absurdities of it as well without getting upset. That's what makes Rifftrax so great some of my favorite movies they have done are of movies I really like like the Dark Knight, Lord of the Rings or the Original Star Wars movies. All movies really enjoy but realize some parts are a little absurd or silly.
That's not quite my point. My point is actually that games are full of absurdities like this. As I already said: pointing them out does not make for a funny joke. My bar is set high when it comes to humor: I read all of the Critical Miss' comics and I never laughed once and really Jensen was more of an excuse to summarize what I think about the comic in general. A last drop that made a bucket overflow, if you will. Sorry, I just don't get why people like it.

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
ltmarcos said:
That's not quite my point. My point is actually that games are full of absurdities like this. As I already said: pointing them out does not make for a funny joke. My bar is set high when it comes to humor: I read all of the Critical Miss' comics and I never laughed once and really Jensen was more of an excuse to summarize what I think about the comic in general. A last drop that made a bucket overflow, if you will. Sorry, I just don't get why people like it.

You read ALL of a humour comic you don't even find funny? Eh?

DoW Lowen

Exarch
Jan 11, 2009
ltmarcos said:
I guess you're one in a million. Even my girlfriend who never plays games finds Critical Miss hilarious (albeit sometimes a bit of explaining is needed). You're welcome to your opinion, although if you don't find the the blend of critical thinking, satire and occasional well placed dick jokes that CM offer funny, than I guess you are just deviant from everyone else and we probably won't find humour in the things you like either.

EDIT: That's not an invitation for you to rant on about all your favourite things. Was merely making an observation.

Nov 12, 2010
Ragsnstitches said:
Yeah, call me a weirdo, but I like to double-check on my assumptions.

DoW Lowen said:
EDIT: That's not an invitation for you to rant on about all your favourite things. Was merely making an observation.
Well I'm not here to defend myself either, just to make an opinion heard. Seriously, it had to see the light of day, sometimes it just has to. That's the sole reason I write: to get something off my chest.

TheAmazingHobo

Oct 26, 2010
DoW Lowen said:
I guess you're one in a million. Even my girlfriend who never plays games finds Critical Miss hilarious (albeit sometimes a bit of explaining is needed). You're welcome to your opinion, although if you don't find the the blend of critical thinking, satire and occasional well placed dick jokes that CM offer funny, than I guess you are just deviant from everyone else and we probably won't find humour in the things you like either.
Yeah.... no.
I like critical miss and all, but it´s really not as good as you make it sound to be.
"Blend of critical thinking, satire and occasional well placed dick jokes" my arse.
It´s mostly pretty run-of-the-mill observational humour with a REALLY good art style.

Never laughing ONCE at any CM is pretty weird, but you make this stuff sound like the second coming. Which is isn´t.
That would be Jesus.
Just wanted to let you know.

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
Ragsnstitches said:
After a 143 separate strips, you're well past double checking... just saying.

Nov 12, 2010
Ragsnstitches said:
Ragsnstitches said:
After a 143 separate strips, you're well past double checking... just saying.
Had it been that many already? You're right: it's more than just a double-check. It's the law of large numbers.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Im probably missing alot since i didnt play HR.

However, just remembering from the original deus ex, it was always odd how you walked into the women's restroom and they just kinda stared at you.

Still, vending machine kill sounds like it should be an achievement.