Critical Miss: Harry Potter

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
I'm sure Google was straining under the weight of all the people who rushed to search for "Yiffing" oh hold on... I expect it's one of the most searched terms, mostly by people who DO know its meaning!

Are there Bronies in Hufflepuff too?

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Knowing that kid loves yiffing is disturbing, but I was laughing too much to let that fact sink in and bother me.

Burck

Aug 9, 2009
Hilarious comic. Too true about the housing system at Hogwarts. Although the part about Slythirin has been done before, I like how you made the Sorting Hat be the narrator- you make his disgust marvelously conspicuous. That and the repugnant, "Aw! Aw Jesus! HUFFLEPUFF!" was just an awesome way to end. The furry kid smiling further sweetens the punchline.

That's some good shadenfruede right there. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCQGQ5qBQTA]

Hey, Hogwarts... wow that kinda sounds silly when you think about it. (Still love HP though).

legopelle

Nov 11, 2010
I'm a little uncomfortable with all of you posting how yiffing (and in extension furry) disgusts you, expecting others to find it amusing.

Everybody have right to their sexual preference, and name it whatever they want.

Think about this: would you post "Oh god, I just looked up gay sex..." in the same way? Didn't think so. Furries are totally legit like any other sexual niche, and you do not get to insult them for it.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
Rationalization said:
I looked that up. You people should be ashamed of yourselves!
Welcome to the internet, you can leave you innocence in the dust bin over there.

OT: Haha! XD Oh man that had to be one of the funniest you guys have put out to date.

Mannayz

May 6, 2010
The last two panels of this comic made me explode in delicious laughter.

Mostly because I relate to him in a way...

The kid, I mean...

Crap...

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Judging by the comments, you just introduced a large number of people to the concept of yiffing.

I can practically hear the corruption of innocent young minds.

Mannayz

May 6, 2010
Zhukov said:
Judging by the comments, you just introduced a large number of people to the concept of yiffing.

I can practically hear the corruption of innocent young minds.
... And, quite possibly, the turning of a few "mundanes" into furries.

rickynumber24

Feb 25, 2011
The Gentleman said:
So, let's get the system down:

Slytherin: Assholes

Gryffindor: Assholes in therapy

Hufflepuff: Rejects

Ravenclaw: apparently the only group that actually came for the education
Actually, more or less in your theme, I'd say it's more like this:

Slytherin: Selfish assholes
Gryffindor: People with more courage than sense
Hufflepuff: People with more determination than skill
Ravenclaw: Brooding geeks

Admittedly, this follows the apparent demonstration of the books, not what was suggested in the strip. Let's reduce that to the important amendment: Ravenclaw -> brooding geeks. (... although "hipsters", as suggested by someone else, is not far off from that.)

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
The Gentleman said:
So, let's get the system down:

Slytherin: Assholes

Gryffindor: Assholes in therapy

Hufflepuff: Rejects

Ravenclaw: apparently the only group that actually came for the education
So it seems

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
legopelle said:
I'm a little uncomfortable with all of you posting how yiffing (and in extension furry)disgusts you
This is where you're going wrong. A dislike or aversion to a particular sexual practice does not indicate a dislike or aversion of the people performing the act. In the same way I like to think that, like myself, my readers are generally in favour of gay rights but they wouldn't want to see two people of their gender having sex.

Snowden's Secret

Apr 4, 2010
To all the people who actually went and Googled "Yiffing" after reading this comic: You are silly buggers. All of you. :p

Baradiel

Mar 4, 2009
I'm genuinely surprised that so many people didn't know what Yiffing was...

Seriously, you're on the internet.

PerfectDeath

Mar 21, 2009
ace_of_something said:
Aren't they supposed to be like 10 years old when they get hatted? The asshole looks 18.
Still... very funny.
well, they get the actors who are 18 but get loads of makeup to make them "look" younger to please fan girls.

Ih8pkmn

Apr 20, 2010
Wait... the Hufflepuff kid's only a first year... that would make him only 11 or 12 years old... I'm sorry, but if he knows what yiffing is, that's messed up.