Critical Miss: Mass Effect 3

Shjade

Chaos in Jeans
Feb 2, 2010
Venereus said:
Wait, we've actually done this before. In Starcraft 2 you watch weird stuff grow waiting for upgrades.
No you don't...?

You can check logs on a thing having grown between missions, but it doesn't actually grow if you watch it. It grows from the research you collect on missions.

Optimystic

Sep 24, 2008
Fun farming = Hammerhead, with thicker armor than the tissue paper they gave it in ME2. You can't tell me that screaming through a canyon, wiping out a geth outpost and stealing all THEIR eezo wouldn't be a blast.

Or you blaze over some nodes and tag them, and Li- I mean, the Shadow Broker, sends in drones to pick up the ones you discover and supplies you with the upgrades you need in return.

Biodeamon

Apr 11, 2011
I HATE MINING FOR MINERALS! And the WORST part is that they are actually important if you want to upgrade your ship and get the best ending in mass effect 2! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

0megaZer0

Jun 26, 2009
The new animation is still very much the same, but it's... crisp. (aka GOOD)

And yet... I find myself missing the old style.... (that lower lip really IS hideous... it makes Erin seem like a prostitute... or like she's constantly pouting...) :/

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
hey..I had more fun scanning all those planets in ME2 than I did mucking around the inventory system in ME1 lol

Stevepinto3

Jun 4, 2009
Mineral scanning got infinitely better once you got the upgrade for the speed of the scanner. And once you started a new game and began with 50000 of each resource.

I hope they go with Yahtzee's idea for 3. Jetpacks and Laser-Wolves!

Dhatz

Aug 18, 2009
manythings said:
Venereus said:
manythings said:
Did i stray into an alternate reality where the Mako wasn't the biggest most pointless thing you did in the Mass Effect universe?
Excuuuse me, sir. The Mako had GUNS!
Extremely lack-lustre ones.
Would you shut up lame assholes? mako had guns that killed thesher maw like nothing and it had thrusters, it's only your fault if you couldn't drive it.

I intended to comment on the comic, but its so true, manual probing is the biggest BS of all ME.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
Dhatz said:
manythings said:
Venereus said:
manythings said:
Did i stray into an alternate reality where the Mako wasn't the biggest most pointless thing you did in the Mass Effect universe?
Excuuuse me, sir. The Mako had GUNS!
Extremely lack-lustre ones.
Would you shut up lame assholes? mako had guns that killed thesher maw like nothing and it had thrusters, it's only your fault if you couldn't drive it.

I intended to comment on the comic, but its so true, manual probing is the biggest BS of all ME.
Then I killed one on foot in about half the time. It takes maybe three minutes to scan a planet and if you stick to richh planets only you could finish an entire cluster in the time it took to get that god damn mako to cross the map.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
TheAmazingHobo said:
AbstractStream said:
TheAmazingHobo said:
Sparrow said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Sparrow said:
Sparrow said:
LadyRhian said:
Sparrow said:
So I guess you could say...

...they should take a leaf out of your book.
Ugh. Beyond be-leaf.
At least they twigged it though, that must have been a tree-t.
Yeah, atleast they're branching out.
So you're hedging your bets?
Of course! I'm really root-ing for BioWare.
At least they lichen to their player base. Although with EA involve we may just have to weed 'em and reap.
Yeah, I guess you could say EA's part in the game is... fruitless.

[sup]I'm a terrible person for making that pun.[/sup]
God, I can´t believe I actually laughed at this.
I feel like such a sap.
No, no. I laughed too. I guess I just took a lichen to these puns.
Wow...that was terrible.
Yeah, this thread is going downhill fast.
Maybe we should make like a tree and get outta here.
HISHE?

OT: Bioware decided to delay ME3's release date after new problems had turniped during production

XandNobody

Oh for...
Aug 4, 2010
I pine for the day when all these puns will finally be rooted out from the thread, you can say that I shall be rather releafed when that happens.

Sorry, that's all, really, I'm done now. I mean, I'd have to work overthyme to try and come up with any more.

Boxinatorizore

Mar 25, 2009
klasbo said:
Sparrow said:
LadyRhian said:
Sparrow said:

Ugh. Beyond be-leaf.
The new mechanic might be fruitful, but maybe they should consider going back to roots. Either way they'll have to reap what they sow, but you can be sure they'll always be gard'n their decision on what de-mow-tivational mechanic they choose to implement.

I think we should start to grow up now...

EDIT: you people are so much faster than me. You shoot these so rapidly...
Oak-ay, that's enough for today guys.

Burningsok

Jul 23, 2009
The Artificially Prolonged said:
klasbo said:
Sparrow said:
LadyRhian said:
Sparrow said:

Ugh. Beyond be-leaf.
The new mechanic might be fruitful, but maybe they should consider going back to roots. Either way they'll have to reap what they sow, but you can be sure they'll always be gard'n their decision on what de-mow-tivational mechanic they choose to implement.

I think we should start to grow up now...

EDIT: you people are so much faster than me. You shoot these so rapidly...

WARNING! WARNING! PUN OVERLOAD!
Goddammit you people, I only have so many sunglasses to hand out, geeezzz XD lol

warfjm

Nov 14, 2007
You load sixteen tons, what do you get?
Another day older and deeper in debt.

Zolem

Jul 28, 2008
Except for a lack of Ezo, scanning was actually kind of fun. I don't get why so many people act like it's the worst thing ever.