Critical Miss: Origin

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Dr. wonderful said:

*DANCE SLOWLY*

Join me, folks!
*Begins to dance with her laptop*

Also, Erin, if you wake up with your hair on a keyboard you don't remember going to bed with, that is a good time to upgrade to a new computer... without Origin...

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
..So yoa'll need to hide yo' kids, hide yo' wiv.....

*ahem* Yes what was that? Cliched meme? What cliched meme?

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
I don't want to sign up for your stupid server, I don't want to make an account on your damn website, I just want you to take my money and sell me a product.

And I won't buy it if it is a product I have to ask permission to use*, or rats on me to your server when I'm using it.

*actually I might buy it second hand so you don't see any of the money, then run a crack so it doesn't talk to your server anymore, so it works like a purchased product should

RikuoAmero

Jan 27, 2010
Vrach said:
You know what's the actual hilarity of it? Them advertising the program as being "always there" and "living where you live" - and then region blocking areas. So if you move to a region blocked area, it's actually not there and doesn't live where you do.
Wait, what? As in, region blocking PC GAMES? Why? Region blocking is being less and less used these days (I just imported the U.S. version of Catherine for my PAL PS3). Can you give us a link or something?

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Grey Carter said:
Critical Miss: Origin

Every step you take and every move you make...

Read Full Article
Marvel vs Capcom 2 will forever be the greatest arcade game in existence.....Come At Me Bro!!

But in all seriousness, you've got me interested in this Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet I am gonna give it a look.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
RikuoAmero said:
Vrach said:
You know what's the actual hilarity of it? Them advertising the program as being "always there" and "living where you live" - and then region blocking areas. So if you move to a region blocked area, it's actually not there and doesn't live where you do.
Wait, what? As in, region blocking PC GAMES? Why? Region blocking is being less and less used these days (I just imported the U.S. version of Catherine for my PAL PS3). Can you give us a link or something?
Can't give you a link, but was told to me last night by an EA customer service rep. I was looking into whether it was possible to get The Old Republic in Serbia via Origin by having a friend from UK buy it for me and pass me the account info. Apparently, Origin'd just IP block my arse >.>

winter2

Oct 10, 2009
Vrach said:
RikuoAmero said:
Vrach said:
Can't give you a link, but was told to me last night by an EA customer service rep. I was looking into whether it was possible to get The Old Republic in Serbia via Origin by having a friend from UK buy it for me and pass me the account info. Apparently, Origin'd just IP block my arse >.>
Huh? Can't he just gift it?? Or are you saying that The Old Republic is region blocked in Serbia??? EA??? WHAT THE HELL???

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
winter2 said:
Vrach said:
RikuoAmero said:
Vrach said:
Huh? Can't he just gift it?? Or are you saying that The Old Republic is region blocked in Serbia??? EA??? WHAT THE HELL???
Game's not region blocked, but Origin itself is apparently.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Heh, great as always. Also, it's nice that you didn't keep the font you had before. Now I can read properly again.

Bogwhiskers

Nov 29, 2009
loodmoney said:
...is that a meerkat wearing headphones? Man this web-comic is trendy as heck.
I'd say it's a ferret.

I really want that shirt. Only without shoulder straps.

akibawall95

Mar 30, 2010
Creepy, glad I'm not using Origin.

I played Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet at PAX East, it seemed pretty interesting. Unfortunately I did not get to play it for very long. Another Summer of Arcade title I played at PAX was Toy Soldiers Cold War which look like alot of fun.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Irridium said:
Origin offers nothing interesting compared to Steam, gives no good reason to install
But the annoying thing is that they do...

They hold the Battlefield and Mass Effect series to ransom, and I have to use their pointless online service if I ever want to see them again.