Critical Miss: Riotous Anger

Reman Khaar

May 26, 2011
>_> Everyone is talking about the riots... I feel out of place in my desire to comment on Erin's dress. It's adorable. <_<

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Reman Khaar said:
>_> Everyone is talking about the riots... I feel out of place in my desire to comment on Erin's dress. It's adorable. <_<
Don't feel out of place my friend. It is.
If only she were real. ^_^

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Imp Emissary said:
JoJoDeathunter said:
Imp Emissary said:
When you break it all down, the only reason this crap is actually happening is one very simple answer.

People suck.
No that's wrong, just a few people suck and ruin it for everyone else. Don't tar us all with the same brush because of the actions of a few idiots, there are about 9 million people in London and just a few thousand rioters in total.
Now, now. Calm down. I didn't say everyone sucked equally.

However, all people do suck a some point or another. Like I said before in another comment, not all people have sucked enough to be called assholes.

These rioters however are assholes because they really really suck.
I suggest in future then you word your claim better. No-one's perfect, but to say something sucks generally implies that it's mostly bad. Take for example video games, all video games suck in some way or another because none of them are perfect but if you say a video game sucks then that means you didn't like it. You wouldn't say your favourite game sucks.

jrobin7401

Sep 17, 2010
Blunderboy said:
Reman Khaar said:
Don't feel out of place my friend. It is.
If only she were real. ^_^
Lets not forget about the Mega Man choker

Christopher Parker

Jan 13, 2011
For the first riot, I blame stupid people. For the subsequent ones, I blame people who saw the first riot and thought "We can actually get away with this shit". Still, the judges have been told to make an example of anyone convicted, so there'll probably be a lot of maximum sentences handed out.

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
For.I.Am.Mad said:
Actually, no, I won't be blaming that guy.
Can i come trash your house :3 You wont blame me right? So its all cool. Have a nice TV? I hope so. Ill be round in 30 mins. Be sure to douse it all in petrol, it makes it easier for me. Thanks in advance.

OT: Yes. These people are oppertunistic scum bags. I used to love my country. I had no idea brits were this savage. Throw these animals away. This country is for people.

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
SgtFoley said:
Not really. People just need to learn that there is a time and a place for police brutality. Large scale riots like the one in London are most definatly the correct time and place. You would not believe how fast a riot will stop when you start firing tear gas at them then move in to beat the crap out of everybody with clubs.
this, and i wouldn't stop there

anyone rioting is acting like the worst kind of terrorist
frankly if i had the power, anyone caught rioting would simply be deported to a rock in the middle of the ocean

i'm not saying people don't have the right to argue, it's basically a human need.
but there's a world of difference between trashing trade districts, looting, murder
( i'll say it again, terrorism by the people. )
and having a constructive argument ( even a protest if you want ) to reach an agreement

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
why did we not see it before?
the rioters are the ones whos fault it is the rioters are rioting.
and probably the government for the cock-ups that pissed them off, but mostly the people who are actually rioting.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
I think it's more like how have we got to the stage where the looters think that its okay to behave like that.

Blame is pretty pointless at this stage we know what the problems are, Unemployment, poor housing and education, lack of any role model or responsibility at every level of these peoples lives.

They are lazy brutalized and hopeless (meaning they are 'without hope' not useless) There needs to be action. The politicians aren't helping anything concentrating on trying to find something to blame. They need to go into the council estates and sort out these issues that have literally been ignored by both parties for years.

PiercedMonk

Feb 26, 2010
SgtFoley said:
uguito-93 said:
Its this kind of situation that has me questioning the value of freedom. Dont get me wrong, its something that i have always seen as an essential human right, but then again it also allows scumbags to start shit like what happened in London. Talk about a double edged sword.
Not really. People just need to learn that there is a time and a place for police brutality. Large scale riots like the one in London are most definatly the correct time and place. You would not believe how fast a riot will stop when you start firing tear gas at them then move in to beat the crap out of everybody with clubs.
Considering the match which ignited this particular powder keg was police shooting a guy on the ground in handcuffs, maybe -- just maybe -- we shouldn't be so quick to advocate in favour of police brutality.

Not that I'm condoning the actions of the rioters, but going in mob handed and cracking skulls can't be the best solution.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
JoJoDeathunter said:
Imp Emissary said:
JoJoDeathunter said:
Imp Emissary said:
When you break it all down, the only reason this crap is actually happening is one very simple answer.

People suck.
No that's wrong, just a few people suck and ruin it for everyone else. Don't tar us all with the same brush because of the actions of a few idiots, there are about 9 million people in London and just a few thousand rioters in total.
Now, now. Calm down. I didn't say everyone sucked equally.

However, all people do suck a some point or another. Like I said before in another comment, not all people have sucked enough to be called assholes.

These rioters however are assholes because they really really suck.
I suggest in future then you word your claim better. No-one's perfect, but to say something sucks generally implies that it's mostly bad. Take for example video games, all video games suck in some way or another because none of them are perfect but if you say a video game sucks then that means you didn't like it. You wouldn't say your favourite game sucks.
Actually, I would say my favourite game/s suck.(in some ways.)

Even my Half Life games. They work pretty much as perfect as you like, but they taunt me to no end by making me wait so long for more.

I will try to be more detailed next time, but it wasn't so bad.
If I had explained what I ment completely, we may have never had this nice "talk".

;)So that's nice, right?

gallaetha_matt

Feb 28, 2010
Togs said:
Im gonna do what I can to keep this post even tempered, but Im raging quite substantially at that comic.
I still cannot get my head around this notion that people have that riots start out of nowhere, the areas that riots started in are the poorest areas of the country, areas made poorer by the actions and policies of Mr David Cameron- these people where pushed and pushed ot the very edge where they snapped.
So yeah blame the rioters and looters for acting like animals, but dont for one fucking second make out that the blame lands solely with them.
I know right? "The arguments of both the left and the right are too over simplified, so I'm just gonna blame the rioters and nobody else."

It's like they took a half day or something. Or worse, just used the BBC as their sole source of news on this.

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
...but he just needs a hug. And an intensive 5,000 £ a week pedagogic and psychological evaluation and encouragement program, to see whether it isn't some unresolved issues with his father that can utterly absolve him of personal responsibility, because it's all society's fault that it just didn't give the father enough hugs to pass onto his son.

Or you could throw the worthless criminal scum in jail.

orangeban

Nov 27, 2009
Yeah, I looked at the BBC's coverage on the riots and David Cameron's response, and they had a bit about Ed Milliband's response to Cameron and I have to say, Milliband comes out looking pretty good, which is new.

First part of captcha: 1984

Ominous.