Critical Miss: Skyrim Tales

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
That's the problem I have with Skyrim. The only trade skills that are worth leveling are Smithing and Enchantment. Any other ones will get you reamed by the super powerful...everything. Enchantment breaks the game wide open, though. Hello +5000% one handed damage and 0% Destruction Magicka Cost.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
I've ran into Dragur Deathlords at like, level 8. I don't much think that their appearance is scaled.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
How did you have a first character that specialized in speech-craft? I have tons of junk to sell, and I sell a lot of it, but my speech is still under 50 after 50 or so hours x.x

Magnalian

Dec 10, 2009
I was wondering about the level scaling.. It's too bad you can kind of work yourself into a corner like that. My character for example has very high stealth compared to her other stats, which pretty much guarantees that I have to use sneak attacks, because in a straight up fight I can only take a few blows to the face before taking a permanent nap on the floor. I don't really mind though, sneak attacks are friggin' sweet!

Mar 30, 2010
Too true! I had to shelve my Khajiit Nightingale due to that exact problem. And Dwemer Spheres. Plus that perk that makes sneak attacks with daggers do x15 damage looks good and all, but against more than one opponent it's not worth the paper Ra'Viir's obituary is written on.

Daemascus

WAAAAAAAAAGHHH!!!!
Mar 6, 2010
What is with her eyes in the smithing part? Too much skooma or just loot crazy?

Marohen

Jun 30, 2009
Kopikatsu said:
That's the problem I have with Skyrim. The only trade skills that are worth leveling are Smithing and Enchantment. Any other ones will get you reamed by the super powerful...everything. Enchantment breaks the game wide open, though. Hello +5000% one handed damage and 0% Destruction Magicka Cost.
Yeah, pretty much that, only I went restoration so I could spam power attacks thanks to the Respite perk.

I find alchemy is -sorta- useful, but only in regards to potions that buff your blacksmithing and enchanting, and you can find/buy those potions which do that job well enough.

Still, very fun to bend the games mechanics over and give it the beating of the century. Final boss? PSHHT, dead!

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Furioso said:
How did you have a first character that specialized in speech-craft? I have tons of junk to sell, and I sell a lot of it, but my speech is still under 50 after 50 or so hours x.x
Do Calvicus Vile's quest and get the Mosque of Calvicus Vile. If you can pick up a +15 Speechcraft necklace/ring on the way, more power to you. Then just keep buying, selling, then rebuying things until you have tons of Speechcraft.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Does either Grey or Cory actually have a hamster?

Also, how long does it take to forge armour that small?

Grape_Nuts

Mar 23, 2011
Speechcraft is easy to level up compared to alteration. As a mage I almost never find a use for its spells but I'd like the protective perks. Kind of sad that I'm probably going to have to buy my way to it.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Smithing + Enchanting 100 = Extremely overpowered. I don't know what you guys are talking about XP

CaspianRoach

Jul 10, 2011
I got 1400 armor in Dragonscale Light armor set thanks to 250 blacksmithing, 125 enchanting and 170 light armor.

SoopaSte123

Jul 1, 2010
No matter what my goal at the start, I always end up with a similar character: some weapon skill, some armor skill, smithing, restoration. The farthest I've strayed is an assassin character, so that just replaces restoration with sneak haha. But since combat is always my goal, I've never encountered your Deadly Draugr scenario.

Did anyone ever take perks in speech or lockpicking or pickpocket? I've found all those perks to be useless (and the pickpocket skill itself).

Belaam

Nov 27, 2009
I would love to see enemy leveling only tied to combat skills. Or at best, only count non-combat skills as if they were half their level.