Critical Miss: The Bad News...

'Record Stops.'

Sep 6, 2010
Deathfish15 said:
I work for a phone company and when the price of one of our top-of-the-line phones dropped just after Thanksgiving last year (the phone launched in June, mind you), people had a **** fit. I had to deal with so many people who were totally **** off at me personally because they thought I was "ripping them off" and they demanded a refund for the price difference.

Our society as a whole has devolved (yes, evolution has been proven and we're now in the phase of going backwards). Most people have become self absorbed, selfish jerks who demand that everyone bow and bend to their every will. Companies aren't there to provide an innovative product, oh no, they're there to appease those greedy consumers who think the world revolves around them.
I just don't see the ****ing problem... PRICES going down is a good thing, yes?

WHAT is everyone upset about? Lower prices, means more people can access it, and that means more potential buyers, isn't that it how goes? I'm young, but doesn't a drop in a price mean that it's more easily avaliable?

Lordpils

Aug 3, 2009
From what I understand he apologized that it wasn't selling well and they HAD to reduce the price. It was more of an apology to the shareholders again from what I understand.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Lordpils said:
From what I understand he apologized that it wasn't selling well and they HAD to reduce the price. It was more of an apology to the shareholders again from what I understand.
Nope, two separate apologies. The latter of which was specifically directed at those annoyed by the price drop.

subtlefuge

Lord Cromulent
May 21, 2010
As an early adopter, the only thing I'm pissed off about is that the GBA games are going to be exclusive. I was hoping to be able to play some Super Circuit with friends who will be taking advantage of the price drop.

I mean there's Mario Kart 7 coming out, but I still love the GBA one.

Anyways, even though I know I would not have bought all the games they are releasing, I would have wanted to buy all of them, so I guess I should thank Nintendo for not allowing me to be stingy, and filling half of the tiles on my 3ds.

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
Not G. Ivingname said:
Grey Carter said:
Well most of the people that are complaining are the people who bought the thing on launch, not knowing it would have a price drop in 6 months. It is like the people who bought TF2 the month, week, or day before it went free, they would of held out if they knew it would be cheaper.
The fact that it had a price drop in 6 months is irrelevant. If it had a price drop the day after it'd be irrelevant. If it had a price drop 6 frickin seconds after you left the store it'd be irrelevant. Bad luck, but as a consumer you have no right to get mad. You should pay as much as you feel it's worth, and wait 'till the price drops accordingly.

I wasn't mad when tf2 was free at all, it was already fantastic value when I bought it, and it just brought new players. There was the hacker issue, but the fact that it went free didn't annoy me in the slightest. I guess it's one of those human irrationalities I've somehow managed to avoid. Also, you couldn't have bought tf2 the day before it went free, vale already had a 'free week' in place before the update was announced so people wouldn't rush to buy it. It was actually damn decent of them, they could have squeezed a few more sales out but they didn't.