The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Critical Miss: Top Five Games of 2012 #2

Five days. Five of 2012's best games.

Read Full Article

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
This game is still on my "to play" list. I'll probably pick it up next time it's seriously on sale, or once I've broken my addiction to XCOM.

Any bets for #1?

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
MetalMagpie said:
This game is still on my "to play" list. I'll probably pick it up next time it's seriously on sale, or once I've broken my addiction to XCOM.

Any bets for #1?
XCom or TWD I'm guessing. They're both really popular and I refuse to believe that people who don't love TWD exist.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
Watch it be Mass Effect 3, and the site EXPLODING from rage. Even if they did think it was, I don't think they'd jeopardize readership to that level.
Grey's involved. Seriously wouldn't be surprised at that kind of thing happening.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
Ninja, Ninja, RAP! Ninja, Ninja, RAP! GO GO GO GO!
Go Ninja, Go Ninja, GO: Go Ninja, Go Ninja, GO!
Go Ninja, Go Ninja, GO: Go Ninja, Go Ninja, GO!
GO GO GO GO!

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
MetalMagpie said:

Any bets for #1?
Watch it be Mass Effect 3, and the site EXPLODING from rage. Even if they did think it was, I don't think they'd jeopardize readership to that level.
Actually even funnier would be "The War Z" given the reaction to that one. Truthfully I was kind of surprised it didn't get mentioned more in end of the year wrap ups... perhaps being the most epic trolling attempt from a game company ever (and if you think it's really genuine, it's almost funny). :)

The only game I've ever gotten a refund for on STEAM... and that in of itself makes it deserve some kind of award.

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
MetalMagpie said:

Any bets for #1?
Oh dear god, PLEEEEASE do this. I love the fireworks after ME3 gets any credit. Even if the real #1 isn't ME3, make an ME3 comic anyway and put it up with a little addendum in the text below saying "This isn't actually #1, that's coming tomorrow", just to see how many people are blinded by rage and lose they're freaking minds.

As for Mark of the Ninja, eeeeh. I played it, but I just kind of stopped. Which is weird, since I go stealth in any game that gives me the option. I can tell it's a good game, but I just couldn't get into it for some reason.

nodlimax

Feb 8, 2012
Well I tend towards TWD. I don't think ME3 is going to be goty. I saw the comic strip right after the game was released ;)

Full

Sep 3, 2012
Both Mark of the Ninja and Dishonored are tied for my favorite games this year. I've never been a fan of stealth games before, but those games have made me one. Glad to see this one the list.

Ham Blitz

May 28, 2009
I was considering getting that game but never got around to it. It sounds like I really have to now.

Also, on a side note, I thought the order of the comics was Spec Ops as #5 and Dishonored as #4.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Yes, dead guard really adds to the fung shuay(sp?).
hazabaza1 said:
MetalMagpie said:

Any bets for #1?
XCom or TWD I'm guessing. They're both really popular and I refuse to believe that people who don't love TWD exist.
What's TWD? I don't know if I've heard of that one.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Fasckira said:
Grey's involved. Seriously wouldn't be surprised at that kind of thing happening.
Is this another one of the "Grey is a troll" things?

If so, oi.

I just don't want to oi someone for the wrong reasons.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
canadamus_prime said:
hazabaza1 said:
MetalMagpie said:

Any bets for #1?
The Walking Dead. The adventure game by Telltale.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
canadamus_prime said:
hazabaza1 said:
MetalMagpie said:

Any bets for #1?
The Walking Dead. The adventure game by Telltale.
*facepalm* Oh right, of course. Brain not working this morning (it's morning where I am). It doesn't even work at the best of times.

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
MetalMagpie said:
Any bets for #1?
'Journey'. It's gotta be 'Journey', right? A game which might actually make Carter feel something? Then again, he did say that it wasn't so much a 'game' per se, so... I guess we'll just have to wait 'till tomorrow and see. (But yeah, 'XCOM' is also a pretty safe bet.)

Oh, boy, you do not know Carter very well, do you? It's not like he's ever been big on the whole 'political-machinations thing', like the rest of the media is. Believe me when I stand here today and swear: "If Jonathan Grey Carter wants to piss his entire readership into the wind, he will piss his entire readership into the wind."

Apr 28, 2008
Yeah, this game really is fantastic. I was a bit iffy playing a 2D stealth game, but holy fuck did it deliver. The benchmark by which all stealth games are now measured? Yeah, sounds about right.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
Is this another one of the "Grey is a troll" things?

If so, oi.

I just don't want to oi someone for the wrong reasons.
Nah, not so much troll more "loveable wild scamp with a heart full of good intentions behind an exterior of impish mischief"