>Implying /co/ is any better than /a/ or even /m/

Though i think we can agree they are all better than the current /v/

OT:HAHAHA OH WOW.
That was a good one.
That was a good troll face man.
"I would like the court to recognize that he is totally mad"

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
Yesterday I went to a Target and a clerk was explaining to a mom why her underage son shouldn't purchase Grand Theft Auto 4 but then left of course leaving it entirely up to them to make the purchase and I'm sure the young man got his game.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
BaldursBananaSoap said:
This makes me sick. A bunch of morons spouting "LOLMEMES xD xD xD xD xD" like it's their first time hearing it. Memes really aren't funny outside of 4chan, but I doubt any of you have been there because you'd know that spouting memes outside of it is obnoxious and annoying as fuck.

And to think The Escapist community actually believes that it's the most intelligent corner of the internet. Thanks again for proving that you are retarded.

Hop on over to another "WAAAAA I'VE LOST FAITH IN HUMANITY EVERYONE BUT ME IS STUPID WAAAAA" thread.
U MAD, son?

Just because you don't find memes funny outside of 4chan, doesn't mean we can't. Hell, me and my friends do this when we're outside.

TheSYLOH

Feb 5, 2010
http://www.scribd.com/doc/40744855/Schwarzenegger-v-EMA

PG 16, lines 17-19
JUSTICE ALITO: Well, I think what
Justice Scalia wants to know is what James Madison
thought about video games.

I have never been more interested in the supreme court.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
XD OMFG!!! This was by far one of your greatest Comics

Seriously this guy is my inspiration for a career in the Justice System!!

Well looks like California can't hold up much longer...

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
The Great JT said:
Grey Carter said:
So this morning, California asks this Court to adopt a rule of law that permits States to restrict minors' ability to purchase deviant, violent video games that the legislature has determined can be harmful to the development -

Justice Antonin Scalia: What's a deviant ? a deviant, violent video game? As opposed to what? A normal violent video game?

Morazzini: Yes, Your Honor. Deviant would be departing from established norms.

Scalia: There are established norms of violence?

Morazzini: Well, I think if we look back -

Scalia: Some of the Grimm's fairy tales are quite grim, to tell you the truth.

Morazzini: Agreed, Your Honor. But the level of violence -

Scalia: Are they okay? Are you going to ban them, too?

Morazinni: Not at all, Your Honor.

[http://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/5/5c/Tf_domination.wav]

And just think, the pain for their argument is just beginning. [http://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/d/df/Heavy_revenge15_This_is_just_the_beginning_of_the_pain_I_will_cause_you.wav]

Hahaha we just need a Spy to add to the Lols

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Nothing quite shows previous ignorance like satirizing something that is actually fairly common in context.

It's like satirizing the rules of football after watching just one game.

This is how Justices are supposed to work. The 30 minute lightning rounds (one for each side) are where the justices try to tear your logic apart, so when you return (if you return) you might have a better argument than before.

What gamers are (seemingly) consciously ignoring is that the same thing happened to OUR SIDE of the case as well.

It's a good comic otherwise.

Oh well. Who am I to judge satirical works? It's just entertainment.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
This reminded me of that radio show on GTA IV, Just or Unjust. I never get tired of listening to that. This made me lawl.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
Scalia be pretty damn awesome, with concerns to this issue at least. This case is definitely starting to look up. :)

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Tankichi said:
Madara XIII said:
Tankichi said:
that is awesome. I would have brought up the bible.
Oh man!! Good to anyone who can take on that challenge XD
If someone said that Games should be restricted due to violence i would start with the bible then move onto Greek Legend and eventually to history.
That's a Winner right there!! I mean reading Dante's Inferno along with H.P. Lovecraft brings about more Macabre than most games do and plus instead of displaying the images it encourages people to imagine such gruesome images.

Plus alot of incorporating God of War into your argument and it's oddly accurate portrayal of the Gods actions and attitudes. I seriously laughed when one chick was arguing that God of War encourages Satanism and that it Mis-Represents Greek Mythology on a tremendous level....

If anything I died laughing considering that the only greek mythology she probably knew was Disney's Hercules... I Studied Greek Mythology and God of War comes as close as mediums get in my experience. They just put a twist on it with Kratos instead of being an Angelic enforcer of Zues, is now hellbent on revenge.

De-Moti

Oct 31, 2010
BaldursBananaSoap said:
This makes me sick. A bunch of morons spouting "LOLMEMES xD xD xD xD xD" like it's their first time hearing it. Memes really aren't funny outside of 4chan, but I doubt any of you have been there because you'd know that spouting memes outside of it is obnoxious and annoying as fuck.

And to think The Escapist community actually believes that it's the most intelligent corner of the internet. Thanks again for proving that you are retarded.

Hop on over to another "WAAAAA I'VE LOST FAITH IN HUMANITY EVERYONE BUT ME IS STUPID WAAAAA" thread.
The Escapist: Serious business.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Atmos Duality said:
Nothing quite shows previous ignorance like satirizing something that is actually fairly common in context.

It's like satirizing the rules of football after watching just one game.

This is how Justices are supposed to work. The 30 minute lightning rounds (one for each side) are where the justices try to tear your logic apart, so when you return (if you return) you might have a better argument than before.

What gamers are (seemingly) consciously ignoring is that the same thing happened to OUR SIDE of the case as well.

It's a good comic otherwise.

Oh well. Who am I to judge satirical works? It's just entertainment.
What isn't common is the level of humour and mirth the justices are showing but thanks for your analysis anyway.

Skobvs

Nov 26, 2009
These just keep getting better and better! Keep up the good work!

(best trollface to date..)

Soak

Sep 21, 2010
basicaly best trial ever, period
if this would actually happen in reality, i would totaly go for jurisprudence... unfortunately i heard from a friend who DID something like that and got thrown out, justice and fun just wont pair in our century

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
BaldursBananaSoap said:

Yeah that thread would most assuredly suit you well.

Oh and this may be unoriginal, but quite relevent in your case...