cross-dressing as punishment?

Ryan Minns

Mar 29, 2011
It's almost summer in Australia... I'd LOVE to wear a dress in the upcoming inferno that is my country so I can't see how such a thing could be a punishment :p

Bara_no_Hime said:
Oh, and before anyone brings it up, when I say spankings, I mean open hand slaps on the butt. No punches, no belts, none of that shit - just the classic "it doesn't really hurt, but it's scary" kind of spanking.

I hate people that honestly can't tell the difference between a firm hand and smashing a childs skull in. If I have to see another TV special about 'spanking' and have it show severe physical assault that no one with any functional brain could see as real discipline I'm going to freak out.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
What the..? No. Why would i want to publicly embarass my own kid? I would rather take away his video games/tv and make him study, at least something good would come out of it.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
No, for three reasons:

1) When I punish a child, it's so that I can teach him, not to public humiliate him and possibly traumatize him for life.
2) There's really nothing negative with crossdressing. People do it all the time, and the only people who'd take offense to it are extreme conservatives.
3) If he turns out to be homosexual, that punishment would be rendered rather useless.

CorvusFerreum

Jun 13, 2011
What does it say about my that I instantly thought of a light punishment in the roman legions, where the offending legionaire was forced to stand around in camp without his cingulum militarae [http://www.imperium-romanum.info/wiki/images/9/92/Cingulum.jpg]?

Anyway, no I don't think that is an appropriate punishment. In the best case you fuck over your kids psyche by ridiculing it. A parent should not ridicule its child because that can lead in the child losing trust in its parents and not talking with them about problems out of fear of being ridiculed even more. It would also teach them that croos dressing is bad and people have to stricly adhere to their respective gender roles. Which is bullshit.
In the worst case the cild is trans or something similar and gets the impression that this part of their self is in some way bad and to be ridiculed and shunned and gets even more psychological pressure.
It really doesn't seem like something I want to put on someone I love (for which my hypothetical child would qualify, I suppose).
I also always was more a fan of flogging.

ngl42398

May 19, 2011
Congrats, you've traumatized your child! Enjoy the difficult road of raising a child with a HUGE gender identity issue.

BUT in all seriousness, that sounds really mean and I would not suggest that.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
Public shaming in general seems like an awful and needlessly cruel method of punishment. Too many parents these days seem to be awfully fond of doing it for some internet fame. "Look! I made my child hold up a sign with words on it! What a great parent I am!"
I feel it'll just reduce the amount of respect your child has for you in the future, you'll just get resentment from them thanks to the mental and emotional scarring.

And then, OF COURSE, there's the part with the prejudice and the implications that cross-dressing is bad, with sexism and the backwardness and the bad morals in the brain.

Gary Thompson

Aug 29, 2011
What's wrong with crossdressing?

Clothes can't be assigned to certain genders no more than jobs can.

Jamieson 90

Mar 29, 2010
I don't currently have any children, but when and IF I ever do I want to be as non-judgmental and carefree as possible, and while I do have some prejudices (we all do), I'm not racist or homophobic, nor do I have anything against transgender people. So really this would never be an issue for me as I'd be okay with a daughter wearing 'boys' clothes and a son wearing 'girl's' clothes, because at the end of the day clothing is just pieces of material which have social meanings applied to them; it was only a hundred years ago that it was perfectly acceptable and expected that boys wore dresses, nor was it so frowned upon for boys to wear pink as blue used to be a girl's colour thanks to its association to the virgin Mary.

Hell I'd be fine with one of my children wearing nappies/diapers if it made them feel good, because at the end of the day there are far worse things a teenager can do, you know the whole pregnancy, gangs, drugs, smoking, drink etc. So them liking to themselves younger etc is probably the least of my worries.

Having said that while I might be so accepting of this young children are not, and so I think it would be pretty unacceptable for a parent to force their son (or daughter) into clothing aimed at the opposite sex to demean or humiliate them, in fact I think humiliation is a pretty poor way of disciplining children not to mention very hurtful too, so no I wouldn't do this nor do I agree with it.

P.S for those interested you should check out Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals and Phthalates and how they're effecting young boys; it might explain why we're seeing more young boys being 'feminized,' for want of a better word. So yeah biology and genes might be a factor but I think it's naive to ignore what these chemicals (environment) are doing, especially those ones that are accelerating female puberty or those ones decreasing penis size and male fertility. Not that we can avoid them considering they're in out water and every single thing made of plastic which is pretty much everything.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
Blaster395 said:
Ldude893 said:
3) If he turns out to be homosexual, that punishment would be rendered rather useless.
Homosexuality has nothing to do with crossdressing.
Eh, my bad. I guess I meant that the punishment would be less effective if my child's having gender issues, so I meant transsexual. Even then, I know crossdressing isn't completely associated with it.

Giyguy

May 3, 2011
Why? corporal punishment (a.k.a spankings when young) and then grounding (creating a mental leash for an older teen by using his or her stuff as collateral) are far more effective and cause less emotional scars.

it's cruel to do to a boy since all it will achieve is getting him mocked due to straight male society still being unrelentingly cruel to men who are feminine in any way, so it will cause lasting mental damage AT BEST.

it won't work for girls, because women wear all types of clothing, so a girly girl suddenly showing up as a tomboy will be teased at worst, it isn't an effective punishment in either case.

the kid will hate you and do something terrible at worst, like harm the rest of your family or someone outside of it.

this is what we call, in a court of law, CRUEL AND UNUSUAL PUNISHMENT, and it will get social workers and the state justice on your ass immediately, as it should. get a paddle and threaten to take their stuff, it worked for my parents and I turned out fine enough, i would think.

you aren't trying to psychologically torture the little misbehavers, you're supposed to teach them of the consequences of their actions!

Relish in Chaos

Mar 7, 2012
No, because that?s fucking child abuse (not to mention sexist, for obvious reasons). You should never use humiliation to discipline a child; plus, it could damage his self-esteem later in life and encourage bullying, if a boy?s schoolmates see him walking around in matching clothing with his mother (you know how cruel kids can be).

?Crossdressing as punishment? is something that should only ever remain as a ?forced feminisation? fantasy.

Slenn

Cosplaying Nuclear Physicist
Nov 19, 2009
As a person who's dressed to the nines as both genders for Halloween and anime conventions, the idea of making any one of my hypothetical future kids crossdress as a punishment is ridiculous. If he doesn't want to wear a dress, or she doesn't want to wear pants, then fine. The people who support that idea don't have any sound logic to me. From what I've seen they support the idea of a guy wearing a dress and they oppose the social stigma that's against it. But yet they recognize that social stigma as means for public shaming and then subsequently use it for public shaming via crossdressing. If he doesn't want to crossdress, then don't force it on him. If he does, then don't oppose, just only warn that there's gonna be people who will oppose this.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Public embarrassment, along with physical harm, seem like something a bully does, not a responsible parent. That kind of stuff leaves scars, and this could even affect other people's perception of you.

Gary Thompson said:
What's wrong with crossdressing?

Clothes can't be assigned to certain genders no more than jobs can.
Cross dressing is fine as long as it's your choice, however there is still a lot of negative cultural stigma around it, it's an unfortunate reality, and in this case it's being used as a punishment.

Queen Michael said:
I'm a tranny. To me, it's a reward.
Then I guess your punishment is you have to dress like normal?

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Uh... no. Probably not. I can't see public humiliation being a good punishment. Spank them. Empty out their room. Ground them. Besides, what kind of weirdo sits down and says "yeah, that will make them a stable member of society."

Plus I'd feel embarrassed about being a huge ass hole in public. People won't be judging the kid for wearing a dress in public, they'll be judging me for being an evil person and humiliating my own kid. This is how serial killers are made, seriously, look it up.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
The weird thing is that, unlike the OP, for me this kind of thing is a fetishistic idea. As in, with me being humiliated through being 'forced' to crossdress and so on, not a child obviously.

But, and this is a big but, that is not how I feel the real world should function. It's not healthy to treat a child like that, or to treat cross-dressing as shameful. It's a roleplay thing, pure and simple, and I'd never do it with someone who genuinely though that such a thing is shameful (and to be honest, I doubt that anyone with those kinds of views would want to do it either). I don't think it's any more right to do in plain, day-to-day life than declaring ownership over someone, or hurting them, or calling them a whore, but if that's what you want and you do it in a safe space and with full understanding of what it means, then go right ahead.

Crossdressing can be anything the person who's doing it wants it to be really, since ultimately it's just clothes. Even just for me, in different contexts and with different clothing I can find it any mixture of empowering, submissive, arousing, perfectly normal, or even plain dull at times.

Anyway. I think it should go without saying that something I find an arousing fantasy is not something I want to see done to children.

Bestival

May 5, 2012
Nah, I'm too old fashioned for something like that.

When my kids need some punishment it'll be the belt for them. Like my daddy taught me!

Seriously, my dad made me wear some ludicrous fuckin' belts, it's not even funny. One of them was pink, with 3 plastic suns as a buckle. I JUST WANTED TO FIT IN WITH MY GOTH FRIENDS, DAD!

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I don't have a clue honestly...I think it would be a neat punishment for older people but only men and only if they're force to wear women's pants (but it would only punish men like me who use all 4 standard pockets).

I think forcing a kid to wear a diaper would be a better punishment than forcing a boy to wear a dress. I don't think you could really punish a girl by making her wear boy clothes though...if anything the little girl would realize that pockets are awesome and she's getting screwed over.

I like pockets, OK!?