Crowdfunding Campaign Aims to "Besiege" Valve with Gabe Newell Impersonators

Ragnar47183

Mar 5, 2014
joshuaayt said:
Employee #9421: Wait... President Gaben! I think we've made a mistake! It looks like people actually DO want HL3 after all!

President Gaben : Well, shit. Guess it's time to scrap ep 3 and move on.
I got a good laugh from that. Thanks.

Ill start a kick starter for internet awards and youll be getting the first.

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
I maintain that I want the next released Half-Life game to be Half-Life 4, with the entirety of the campaign making references to things that would have occurred in HL3. No explanation, no context, just a sudden new area, all new weapons, and Gordon Freeman learning to connect with the poet inside of him.

Seriously though, pushing for a product's release before the devs feel it's ready rarely makes people happy. See Duke Nukem Forever, Rage, and even Battlefield 4. This kickstarter seems like a fast way to waste 150k, albeit in an amusing way.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
I don't understand these people. Do they really still care about this series or is this a meme ("Half-Life 3 will be released soon" along the lines of "Duke Nukem Forever will never be finished") gone rogue? I'm not trying to be "edgy" or anything, so don't even bother bringing it up, but I've stopped caring about Half-Life relatively shortly after finishing the second game. The first one was good, but has aged terribly. The second one was competent, had some nice ideas and was graphically quite good for its time. But the story was weak at best and the second one was a complete non-sequitur from the first. Neither games were that enthralling that I need to know what happens next. At least the first one had some mystery about the alien world going, but the second was a very standard alien invasion/human resistance story. Why do people care so much about it?

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
I hope they don't do this, these guys are interns at the company they're going to hire to do the campaign; so this is more about them getting jobs at the end of it then actually wanting to get half-life 3 sorted.

ailurus

Aug 25, 2010
Well, if people want to spend their money on this, they're free to do so.

But, the only idea they have that doesn't sound like creepy stalker stuff is the $150k goal. Hijacking the ads on every valve employees search results? Having impersonators and trucks camping outside the corporate offices? I just don't see end well.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
How stupid,are they trying to bribe Valve? Dont they realise game development cost millions? lol. If Valve wanted to make HL3, they would have made it by now. Personally i would prefer Portal 3.

Adultism

Karma Haunts You
Jan 5, 2011
Pretty sure these guys just want to line their pockets. The idea is nice but valve doesn't really care about our opinions they will always do what they do.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
epicdwarf said:
I don't get it. Egging on the developer like this will not get the game out the door. In fact, valve may just "cancel" HL3 if they go through with this.
I don't think Gabe cares either way.

The existence or non-existence of HL3/Ep3 is not dependent on people bugging them.

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
You know I think performers when out and about should be respectful and say hello and sign some autographs fans may have, but they still have the right of say having a meal without fans bugging them constantly.
This is even worse than that, no one likes crazy pushy fans.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Elijin said:
Im pretty sure knowing how much people apparently want HL3 is why it doesnt exist.

Its been long enough that no matter what comes out, it wont be good enough for the internet.
That and there's infinitely more money in a marketplace rife with broken, unplayable, and unfinished games.

Scorpid

Jul 24, 2011
Kaymish said:
i think there comes a point when you just have to let something go with HL3 that time was after October 2010
just let it go guys its just getting sad now
Not only that but its not like there aren't any good games out there or that no game has since come close to the bright shining majesty that is HL2. Its just a bunch of people that want to feel the same wonder they felt at like 12 playing HL2.

CelestDaer

Mar 25, 2013
"Hey! Hey!" *poke, poke, poke*
"Hey! Lissen!"
"Hey! Hello?"
That's what I imagine Gabe feels like when every single fan complains about HL3. He's also said that continuing the story right now would not be nearly as revolutionary on the current market..

Svarr

Nov 2, 2011
The best way to win the heart of a company is to give it free money, maybe they'll listen. lol

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
I like the idea that people are gonna get together and celebrate their love for Half-Life.

Basically all this is gonna amount to, but we do love the goddamn game.

Sol_HSA

was gaming before you were born
Nov 25, 2008
Xman490 said:
Half-Life 3 still hasn't even been announced. Valve could have just said that they are making it, and that would be fine.
It wouldn't be fine. It would be a complete pandemonium. If, on the other hand, they announce that "here's hl3, buy it now" out of the blue...

May 29, 2011
"Hey guys! We should spend 150 000 dollars to prove something that everybody already knows!"

Worst fundraiser idea I've seen in the past 3 days and that's really saying something.

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
Valve has admitted they haven't even started development of the game. So if they started TODAY, and it takes 3 years: 2017. But Valve always has a setback and misses the release date: 2019. If we hear about the game before 2017, or it's released before 2019, I'd be amazed. I've really just come to acceptance that we're not going to see HL3 anytime soon.

BakedZnake

Sep 27, 2010
but.. but... Half life wasn't really that good imo. I think many people are jumping on the band wagon... just cos