- Oct 30, 2015
Important detail, the game is in pre-alpha - in other words chars barely learned how to walk; But I guess you know it well. There is couple videos (3 months old thou) on the first page of this, and here's more recent one.Zhukov said:Would it kill the OP to provide a video or at least elaborate on the subject of their thread?
Or will I have to use this massive repository of information literally at my fingertips to find out myself?
Hm. Looks interesting. I'm all for the PvP focus. I could see myself getting into this.
Such a shame that the combat looks like the usual poorly animated, unresponsive MMO clusterfuck. I-beat-the-numbers-out-of-your-numbers-with-my-numbers-while-my-team-gives-me-numbers-with-their-numbers.
Maybe I could get past that though. I'll keep an eye open.
Incidentally, I really do love the art style they've got going on their website. If nothing else they clearly have an artist or two on board who knows their shit.
Among other things, number of players and especially FPS are higher than they were just half a month ago, together with couple important gameplay / controll improvements and another archetype added. Of course, nobody expects you to be impressed by what you see.
Combat based on collision detection, physics, friendly fire, with quite limited healing and couple other elements (say, rulesets varying / adopting in many ways) has potential to end up as more than just numbers vs numbers; Of course, it's all yet to be seen and zerging is, as always, bound to happen.
Couple useful links:
- The Big Reveal (wow, this was bombastic!) - basically, a litle "quote" from EVE: player's identity is tied to the crow-spirit and NOT the body - this should lead to frequent changes of class, race and sex!? In other words, once you die you'll have to fly and find a new corpse, unless you got alive friends and/or spare one nearby. A little tale about death:
This, same as Crowfall's progression system, resembles Eve: spirit/body parallels pilot/ship, and bodies can be crafted (or even stolen/looted in some cases) through necromancy crafting skill - in qualities from white/green to epic or legendary, to use WoW terms.
- Crowfall reddit;
- Early pass of the world building tool which will be used by both devs and players, to create their worlds (just skip that AWFUL acting in the beginning!);
- Then, quick & cheap setting of distant servers, using cloud tech (Austin to Sydney, thou any PvPer from "distant" places will find this VERY interesting);
- Short list of Crowfall potential weak points and/or typical bad things people say about the game by yours truly;
- Want even more bad things? Good place to visit are MMORPG.com's Crowfall forums - just check the lovely titles and just by the way Massively also covers it rather frequently;
- How can you make Crowfall for less than $10m, and where is that money coming from? by it's technical director, Gordon Walton; Here he goes in great detail about funding.
- Crafting intro and it's second part, also Raph Koster is part-time team member.
PS In an ideal world, OP will be A)reading this, B) will be willing to edit some of the material into his OP and C) will be technically able to do so - couple months after making the thread.
Soon, we will find out about the state of Murphy laws in this part of universe.