Cruelty

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
That video is excellent, thank you - says he, having watched part of it with no sound. Ahem. Will watch later!

Oh my poor PC. Also never seen compressed air and kept in the same room (with no carpets) as two chinchillas. The fluff is real.

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
Teoes said:
Oh my poor PC. Also never seen compressed air and kept in the same room (with no carpets) as two chinchillas. The fluff is real.
Eep! That poor rig! I make it a point to air clean all rigs in my house every 6 months.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
i have a feeling this will be used to explain typical pc users.
nice video, behind the scenes are indeed interesting to watch to remind us how much work is actually put in to it. i never could use a program like this. could not even work it out how to use it. just know how to use win movie maker since it was pretty simple to use.

Jan 12, 2012
No camera crews should be allowed in my house; I rest my laptop on very fluffy and fibrous blankets, and the last compressed air I used was from the public library.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
LordLundar said:
Teoes said:
Eep! That poor rig! I make it a point to air clean all rigs in my house every 6 months.
Check this: nor have I ever formatted/re-installed Windows on it, despite the amount of time it takes to boot up every day.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Lol, I have a GTX 970.

*Looks longingly at tower*

I would never do this to you, baby.

EDIT: Watching the video...

Steam chat is a pro ass collaborative platform XD

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
Clearly this is one of those reality shows.

there is no north bridge power connector, Tower Heatsincs are not stock, the GTX 970 fan should be on the outer end of the card, and the ram is not in a duel channel.

So the computer would have never ran in the first place and was setup for the show to boost ratings.

Yal

We are a rattlesnake
Dec 22, 2010
I've been getting random reboots playing Cities: Skylines.

This comic is not helping my guilty conscience.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Ever wondered how Critical Miss is made? Well, first I steal a joke from Penny Arcade, then Cory does this.
And so the truth FINALLY comes out! :p

This comic did remind me, though...I need to buy a can of air and give my computer a good dusting. It's about that time.

DocJ

What am I doing here?
Jun 3, 2014
That pooooooor computer! I clean mine almost weekly, after all the more often it is cleaned the less work it is later. Even my laptop gets a nice little clean every now and then. Then again I am a bit of a clean freak.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Teoes said:
LordLundar said:
Teoes said:
Check this: nor have I ever formatted/re-installed Windows on it, despite the amount of time it takes to boot up every day.

As is the way of our people, I shall engage in this game of one-upsmanship.

I have two laptops which are both approaching 5+ years of age, neither have ever been formatted, neither have received a Windows Update since 2011/2012 (though to be fair, Windows Update is the worst), and the last time I used compressed air on the fans was likely over a year ago now. And I don't know how it is in other places, but Vermont is a relatively dusty state.

I do routinely wipe down the fan outer screens for my gaming laptop, though.

Spaceman Spiff

Sep 23, 2013
This hits very close to home. I just cleaned my tower last weekend. Poor thing had dust bunnies totally covering the intake for the power supply. I don't know how it was still running.

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
This reminds me, I've cleaned my PC plenty of times but never took out my 4 year old GTX 580s to clean them specifically. I'm really worried I'll tear the sli bridge or just break something else.

Should I be worried about taking them out to clean the fans or am really overstating how fragile Graphics Cards are?

rgrekejin

Mar 6, 2011
I have a lovely set of fine mesh filters that cover the air intakes on my tower. They help mightily with dust buildup.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
*cues sad music*

Give some bitcoins a month to save the endangered PCs.

Owners of PCs aren't looking after them properly. Leaving them in their own filth. Alone and untouched. Do not make it too late to give to this cause and care for one today. PCs are important to our planet and it's good to care.

Please. They need your help.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
kajinking said:
This reminds me, I've cleaned my PC plenty of times but never took out my 4 year old GTX 580s to clean them specifically. I'm really worried I'll tear the sli bridge or just break something else.

Should I be worried about taking them out to clean the fans or am really overstating how fragile Graphics Cards are?
In my experience, they are far more durable than they seem. I do get a little heart attack when I take a graphics card out. If you're too afraid of damaging your cards, let someone with experience show you how it's done first or watch a YouTube video if that would be sufficient.