Crying

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Seashells, man...

Seashells...

No, no, I promised myself I'd get over this.

*deep breath*

Aaaaaaaaaand we're back!

OT: I'll admit I shed a tear when my ex confessed cheating on me and then broke up with me. In private, of course, she doesn't need to see that.

Knife wounds never got more than a "huh..." from me, but that absolutely slew me.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Random Fella said:
I am a man
I don't cry.
Real men aren't afraid to shed manly tears.

"The best you can hope to be is a very butch woman!", Ida, Malcolm in the Middle.

5-0

Apr 6, 2010
The last time I cried was the sad ending to a series called The Bridge. Strangely I found it sadder than finding out my cat had died a few weeks earlier.

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
I can cry any time I want to. It's literally gotten me out of every ticket ever. Not that I try to get tickets to prove my point or anything, but so far it works.

Random Fella

Nov 17, 2010
Binnsyboy said:
Random Fella said:
I am a man
I don't cry.
Real men aren't afraid to shed manly tears.

"The best you can hope to be is a very butch woman!", Ida, Malcolm in the Middle.
There's a difference between manly tears and crying

TWEWYFan

Mar 22, 2012
The last time I really cried was when my father died, needless to say it was a sad cry.
It's a shame really, I wish I could cry more often.

AceTrilby

Dec 24, 2008
I listened to this song yesterday:

A single manly tear was shed. Seriously, anyone who has seen Toy Story 2 can't possibly listen to this song without getting a little teary.

Dec 14, 2009
Elmoth said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Hollyday said:
watching the first 15 minutes of Pixar's 'Up'. Absolutely heart-breaking.

Daystar Clarion said:
Seashells, man...

Seashells...

*deep breath*

Aaaaaaaaaand we're back!
It's too pinful, just don't bring it up...

...it had to be him though. Someone else might have gotten it wrong.

He's collecting seashells in salarian scientist heaven.

Shine on, you crazy diamond, shine on.
I am the very model . . of a scientist. . . salarian BOOM DEAD

Boohoo such drawmah. Singing? Are you kidding me? Yeah fuck Mass Effect it has terrible writing overall and references itself in ME3 way too much.

Also I don't cry from any fiction because even though it's a huge part of my life I'm not an idiot.
Nice passive aggressiveness you've got there.

I especially like the part where you call me an idiot.

Grow up.

Dec 14, 2009
Elmoth said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Elmoth said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Hollyday said:

Daystar Clarion said:
Seashells, man...

Seashells...

*deep breath*

Aaaaaaaaaand we're back!

Boohoo such drawmah. Singing? Are you kidding me? Yeah fuck Mass Effect it has terrible writing overall and references itself in ME3 way too much.

Also I don't cry from any fiction because even though it's a huge part of my life I'm not an idiot.

Grow up.
Oh I'm sorry are my one's and zero's hurting your feelings?

I felt like attacking your drama in that other post back then sure, but why respond with more drama? Why not call me out on being the asshole that I was? I said every emotional person is an idiot, though I didn't mean that even back then, it's still a very juicy statement to attack no?

Ah forget it. I was in the mood for some pointless argument but not anymore. I should get like a thing that slaps my hand every time I click on one of these threads I don't belong in.
Mostly because I don't waste time getting angry at people on the internet anymore.

They're called manners.

Dec 14, 2009
Elmoth said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Elmoth said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Elmoth said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Hollyday said:

Daystar Clarion said:
Seashells, man...

Seashells...

*deep breath*

Aaaaaaaaaand we're back!

Grow up.
Oh I'm sorry are my one's and zero's hurting your feelings?

I felt like attacking your drama in that other post back then sure, but why respond with more drama? Why not call me out on being the asshole that I was? I said every emotional person is an idiot, though I didn't mean that even back then, it's still a very juicy statement to attack no?

Ah forget it. I was in the mood for some pointless argument but not anymore. I should get like a thing that slaps my hand every time I click on one of these threads I don't belong in.
Mostly because I don't waste time getting angry at people on the internet anymore.

They're called manners.
Really I think you're being the emotional one in this argument. I'm calling out how silly I AM ACTING. Oh no I'm angry at you oh master of knowing people he's never met!
Nice strawman...

I suggest you look up Poe's law.

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
Things got heated with some family drama a few nights ago. Cried then. I feel like crying now, but that's mostly residual drama emotions and lack of sleep. My emotions go bonkers when I haven't slept.

Bloodtrozorx

Jan 23, 2012
The last time I cried...about 5 years ago when my Grandmother died. Wow. I never really thought about it but that seems like a long time. Moving on.

SpaceBat

Jul 9, 2011
manic_depressive13 said:
I'm inclined to say no. The humour is mostly slapstick and never remotely clever, let alone actually funny. The main characters are all fucking dumb. Both lead characters follow extremely stereotypical gender roles, which really bothered me but perhaps wouldn't be an issue for some. The first season and the first half of the second season are pretty painful to watch. I only ploughed through them because I was really curious and I'd already wasted too much time watching it to give up before finishing it. It only becomes sad near the very end when....
There is a character death and the reactions by those close to the character are quite real and tragic.
Hmm, that doesn't sound too good. One scene of excellence doesn't really justify having to watch through the abysmal series. Sounds like Puella Magi Madoka Magica has it beat when it comes to drama as well (but then again, it beats everything else I've seen when it comes to depressing content), so I guess I'll just skip it then.

Thanks.

Logiclul

Sep 18, 2011
Vault101 said:
Logiclul said:
Eminem: Without Me, Mockingbird, Stan
I think you mean "when I'm gone"...

"without me" is a very different song....:p
..Yeah I do. Haha, that'd be funny if Without Me made someone cry that wasn't in the lyrics.

Also I just realized that I didn't cry when my Uncle or grandfather died. I was moderately close to them, but I guess I wasn't very moved.
Renegade-pizza said:
I cried at the end of Men in Black 3. The last move that did that to me, the only other one that made me cry as an adult, was Marley and me.

The more manly tears came from needles in my fingertips. There are no atheists in foxholes or doctor's offices.
Men in Black is now making people cry tears of sorrow? Yeah, this confirms my suspicion that it is a small shadow of the first installment.