Cryptic Puts Lifetime Subscriptions For Its MMOs On Sale

James Raynor

Sep 3, 2008
danpascooch said:
I wish WoW had this, actually, I wish they had it two years ago.

Personally I think WoW is in for a very slow death. My guess is in about 5 years, it's still going to be profiting, but it won't be indisputably more popular than everything else anymore.
If only because blizzard one-uped itself with it's next MMO.

timmins

Jan 13, 2010
Fun fact: it's still possible to completely break your character before you even get to your first ship in STO. If you, on the absolute first part of the game, after talking to the hologram, run into the room and use the consoles BEFORE talking to the quest guy, then you get stuck in that quest chain. The console cannot be used, the quest guy at his console will not speak to you (he just throws up the non-interactive "go to the consoles behind me" dialog), and if you go to do the next part of the quest, throwing the borg out the airlock, before getting that part of the quest (the quest log still says "talk to the dude", which you can't do), the consoles you will need to use cannot be interacted with until you speak to the guy who you can't talk to.

I tried the demo last night, just because I almost sold myself back in the beta, and really wish STO was a better game than it was. It REALLY doesn't show the game off to any advantage. Ship combat is a very minor part of the demo, you get no opportunities to make any decisions about your ship or how it operates, your skill points all end up going into boring generic stuff like "Warp core theorist", a passive skill that just makes your ship better at everything, and you spend a lot of time doing ground combat, which is still terrible.