Crysis 2 Review

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Thank you, Crytek. In a market saturated with gritty, brown, one-dimensional shooters, Crysis 2 is a refreshing alternative.
It's true actually, it doesn't remind me at all of some other shooters... (yes it was sarcasm)

TheComedown

Aug 24, 2009
Tubez said:
TheComedown said:
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Crysis 1 could support 32 players in its MP instead of this measly 16, and the maps were way larger as well. Considering people buy FPS titles these days mostly for the MP, this is downgraded.
2 things, there are loads of people that still play FPS games for the single player (I play for both, depends on the game but for the most part I am more interested in the SP)

Crysis 1 was PC exclusive, running on future computers with dedicated servers, with maps 3-4 times the size of the ones in crysis 2.

Crysis 2 is on the consoles, no dedicated servers(as far as i know) which makes it a lot harder to fit 32 players into a single map, not that you would want to when the maps are that small. Again the map size has to do with the constraints of the consoles.

If your problems are with the games multiplayer be pointing the finger at the consoles.
There are dedicated servers on pc.
Yes I know this. I own the PC version. I don't see your point as I stated before putting 32 players into the maps they have in Crysis 2 would turn into a massive cluster fuck.

MrTub

Mar 12, 2009
TheComedown said:
Tubez said:
TheComedown said:
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Crysis 1 could support 32 players in its MP instead of this measly 16, and the maps were way larger as well. Considering people buy FPS titles these days mostly for the MP, this is downgraded.
2 things, there are loads of people that still play FPS games for the single player (I play for both, depends on the game but for the most part I am more interested in the SP)

Crysis 1 was PC exclusive, running on future computers with dedicated servers, with maps 3-4 times the size of the ones in crysis 2.

Crysis 2 is on the consoles, no dedicated servers(as far as i know) which makes it a lot harder to fit 32 players into a single map, not that you would want to when the maps are that small. Again the map size has to do with the constraints of the consoles.

If your problems are with the games multiplayer be pointing the finger at the consoles.
There are dedicated servers on pc.
Yes I know this. I own the PC version. I don't see your point as I stated before putting 32 players into the maps they have in Crysis 2 would turn into a massive cluster fuck.
My bad, I misread and though you said that there was no dedicated servers on pc

docbox1567

Nov 10, 2009
?One of the most enjoyable shooters I?ve played in several months.??

Really? In months? How noncommittal can you get? That?s like saying, ?Hey Dorothy, you?re one of the hottest girls I?ve kissed in months.? What does ?one of? mean? Do you mean one of the ten best shooters, one hundred best shooters, ten billion best shooters? This statement is supposed to be your barebones assessment of the game and it falls flat because it?s phenomenally not committed. You might as well say, ?I really, kind of, not very much, could of, possibly liked or disliked the game.?

?I get the feeling it?s not the plot, but the way its? been told.?

Why don?t you know? To write a review you need to formulate an opinion, but it sounds like you haven?t thought much about it. The plot isn?t that great and you don?t have a clue why is not good critiquing. Think about why it works and why it doesn?t, make a review about it and you?ll be awesome.

Spencer Brower

Yummies Employee of the Montth
Sep 16, 2010
Crysis 1 was a fantastic looking shooter that played well and was very very good. Crysis 2 is a diluted version of it and is merely mediocre. for all the console scrubs i'm sure it will be le shit, but if you played the first game on PC it will be a kick in the balls. NOT WORTH 60 BUCKS!

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
SteelStallion said:
HerbertTheHamster said:
D_987 said:
HerbertTheHamster said:
Crysis 2 is very mediocre, 5/10 at most. The thing that bugs me most is that the FOV is like 45 or something, it's like the nanosuit blocks out 80% of your vision.

Sadly, game reviews can never be taken seriously because 8/10 is a "decent" score for AAA games.
Or people just don't have the same opinion as you regarding the game...
This is true, but I'm referring to the industry as a whole. When a movie or book is average it gets a 5/10. When a game is average it gets a 7/10 or a 8/10.
I disagree. Honestly, I think game critics are too harsh these days. I've played a lot of games that score generally around 60-70 that were pretty enjoyable. Not the greatest games but definitely worth a look, despite what critics say.

Standards are so high now, it seems like if something doesn't get a 95 it isn't worth a purchase.
One sticks out in my mind. Aliens vs Predator, early 2010 release. Yahtzee hated it, but this didn't surprise or deter me. My problem was Gamespot. They gave it a 5.5/10. I found the game to be amazingly fun, especially as the Alien, and will pick it up again at random and play through one of the campaigns, and have amazing fun along the way.

ukkopucko

Apr 3, 2011
It's just like some typical FPS games which doesnt worth 60 euro...maybe I can give it a try when the price drops after several months..

Gregg Lonsdale

Jan 14, 2011
I don't get why the story focused on Prophet so much, he was never all that interesting. They had the right idea when they made Crysis: Warhead and based the entire game around the guy from Transporter. Anyway, graphics beautiful, gameplay varied, Multiplayer can go up itself, the end.